PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations!

Bhairava108
15 July 2007, 07:10 PM
Namaste,
I am new here to the Forum but deffinatly not new to the path of the Sanatana Dharma. I was not born onto the path but have studied extensivly through my own research and meditations. I worship Daily in my home shrine and get to the Temple about once a year. Im more inclined to Siva and Sakta traditions and am fascinated by Real Tantra. when asked about what sect I belong to I usually reply by saying I am a Saivaite since that is how I was introduced to Hinduism. I love learning about Hinduism and Practicing Hinduism through worship(puja), and meditation. infact its one of my favorite things to do. As far as the teachings of a Guru I have a few that I look to for guidance. takeing a little from here and there whenever necessary. My favorite thing about Hinduism is the personal experiance and personal relationship it offers with the divine.

Aum Shanti

Agnideva
15 July 2007, 08:01 PM
Im more inclined to Siva and Sakta traditions and am fascinated by Real Tantra. when asked about what sect I belong to I usually reply by saying I am a Saivaite since that is how I was introduced to Hinduism.

Welcome to HDF Bhairava :), I'm looking forward to your posts. Nice to meet another Saivite Hindu. Which branch of Saivism do you practice (if you were to choose one)?

OM Namah Sivaya.
A.

Bhairava108
15 July 2007, 08:55 PM
hmmmm well I was introduced through Saiva Siddhantha Philosophy, I think now I worship Siva more through Sakta traditions, if i were to relate it to a Saivite path I think It would be closest to Kashmir Saivism.

Agnideva
15 July 2007, 09:21 PM
hmmmm well I was introduced through Saiva Siddhantha Philosophy, I think now I worship Siva more through Sakta traditions, if i were to relate it to a Saivite path I think It would be closest to Kashmir Saivism.
Namaste Bhairava,

Philosophically, Saivism and Shaktism come from the same place. So from a larger point of view they are branches of the same religion. Kashmir Saivism is a beautiful monistic philosophy and I find that monistic Saiva Siddhanta philosophy comes close to Kashmir Saivism, except there is more emphasis on theism and bhakti.

OM Shanti,
A.

sm78
16 July 2007, 01:52 AM
.... fascinated by Real Tantra.

Can u enlighten me on this ? :)

Bhairava108
16 July 2007, 01:38 PM
Can u enlighten me on this ? :)

as apposed to the west's purely sexual interpretation.