PDA

View Full Version : A sensitive subject...

yajvan
16 July 2007, 07:46 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

This discussion, for those that wish to participate, is about not finding fault or speaking ill of others. So, one may need to leave the ego at the door, that includes me .

On occasion, we are filled with rago-guna, and from that passion arises in one's discussions. It is not unusual for this passion to get the best of the person. What then may insue when one's wits are at end? The potential to find flault with
the other person, and in some cases, have ill words for the other individual.

Now, in America , this is the way of life, just turn on the news. Yet for the sadhu, there is an impact to this behavior. And what is that? The wise inform us that when one speaks ill of others, he/she partakes of that ill he speaks of i.e. takes on that particualar sin of the other person. Now who is an authority on this? I suggest a realized being, who says the following:

Don't do nidA (speaking ill, blaming, scorning) and if you are spoken ill of, understand him to be well-wishing one's own salvation, that speaking of you, he takes your sins on himself . - Swami Brahmananda Saraswati, Shankarachara of jyotir math
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone - Jesus
Those men who are possesed of faith (shraddha), who are without envy ( some muni's say without fault), always following the this teaching of Mine, They too are liberated from action - Krsna , Bhagavad gita, 3.31The wise therefore understand this relationship. We then have a choice on how to proceed and how to communcate with others. The question becomes, how does one provide constructive feedback, done in a mindful manner?

This is the conversation I pose to you as a fellow HDF member. How do we as a community of well-wishers comply with the wisdom of the Muni's above without generating ill feelings based upon fault?

To this, I think we owe some thought. Even when the great risi's debated that of Brahman, there was point-counter-points. The debate can be that of differences, yet never of ill will. This is what I ask your opinion on, and your point of view. There are always visesa, or differences.

These differences ring out the diversity of life. It is our responsibility to respect the differences, yet not become subordinate to negitivity or decietful thinking from ourselve or others… e.g. manipulation.

I am eager to hear your replies and ideas.

'The things we find disdainful in others, are in essence, the things we do not like in ourselves' - author unknown.

pranams,

Znanna
16 July 2007, 08:23 PM
Namaste,

To speak at all implies one has a point of view, which is by nature subjective.

Even to attempt to convey inspiration requires interpretation in language, therefore subjective.

IMO (in my opinion), this is a difficult thing to get around on a message board :)

Love,
ZN

yajvan
17 July 2007, 09:53 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

To speak at all implies one has a point of view, which is by nature subjective. Even to attempt to convey inspiration requires interpretation in language, therefore subjective.
IMO (in my opinion), this is a difficult thing to get around on a message board :)

Namste Z,
yes, I think that is a good view of this... hence, does it not also suggest one needs to pick words accordingly? There are 6.6 billion views on this earth ( our population). Yet we communcate. Some do it well others are lost for words.

Yet when comes with good intentions I think we can pick this up, and when there is difference of opinion, this is good too, yes? It is when there is the mindful choice to find fault, that is the point of ones sharing in one's ill-behavior.

thank your for taking the time to consider this...

Znanna
17 July 2007, 06:43 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namste Z,
yes, I think that is a good view of this... hence, does it not also suggest one needs to pick words accordingly? There are 6.6 billion views on this earth ( our population). Yet we communcate. Some do it well others are lost for words.

Yet when comes with good intentions I think we can pick this up, and when there is difference of opinion, this is good too, yes? It is when there is the mindful choice to find fault, that is the point of ones sharing in one's ill-behavior.

thank your for taking the time to consider this...

Namaste,

Generally speaking, I find y'all here at HDF much more civilized than other places I frequent! The logic and discourse here is a very high level, and I am much appreciative.

I learn from all aspects of these discussions; when it is U and the screen, it seems to bring a different level of interaction which provokes (at least to me) a sub-dialogue of something on the order of what am I saying and who am I saying it to?

So, yeah, I agree with the mindful choice notion, and sharing in ill-behaviour can be fun, too!

:D

Love,
ZN

KiranDev
21 July 2007, 03:15 PM
Namaste,
I am very new to HDF but your thoughts seem to be something we should aspire to maintain. I personally try to live by the yamas and niyamas (to include in online forums). I often fail in this quest but I keep trying. Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Aum shanti

Kiran

yajvan
30 July 2007, 12:24 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,
I am very new to HDF but your thoughts seem to be something we should aspire to maintain. I personally try to live by the yamas and niyamas (to include in online forums). I often fail in this quest but I keep trying. Thanks for bringing up this topic. Aum shanti
Kiran

Namste Kiran,

Yes, we all seem to fall down... that is, so we can learn to pick ourselves up again! I have done this all my life. It has now become a bit less and less over time, but I continue to fall; some call this SOP [ standard operating proceedure].

The difference is every time we pick ourselves up its a lesson that is learned, and over time , even if you fall down on the same issue, the 'getting up' is what it is all about. It is the ones that stay fallen that has lost.

Being picked up is His Grace... We find it everywhere, yet some do not recognize it.

pranams,