PDA

View Full Version : Newton & God

yajvan
18 July 2007, 08:07 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

I have seen some interesting programs on Sir Issac on the Discovery channel, History Channel, etc. I am greatly impressed with Newton's brilliance, but more intrigued with his appreciation of creation as God's work.

Newton believed deeply in the necessity of a God. modern day science has somewhat sanitized Newton to extract this portion of him. This was truly unique, to this, science in my eyes is a less due to this.

His views were wise, as he believed that the beauty and regularity of the natural world could only "proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being." He felt that "the Supreme God exists necessarily, and by the same necessity he exists always and everywhere." is that Sanatana Dharm or am I not on the same planet?

So, why today cannot science get along with spiritual thought? I am perplexed. Newton, one of the greatest minds scientist/mathematics not to mention dabbling in chemistry and astronomy was quite at home comfortable with the Creator, as was Einstein.

What other milestones did this man achieve?

Newton formulated the universal laws of nature, unravelling the unsolved problems of his day.
Newton outlined his rules of reason, actually describing how they might be applied to the solution of a given problem.
His analytic method he invented exceeded the more philosophical approaches evenof Aristotle and St. Thomas Aquinas.
Newton established the experimental method of investigation. The analysis consists of making experiments and observations, and in drawing general conclusions from them by induction...Just brilliant!Few come along like this. This is what gives hope to the family of man, that these beings manifest for the good of society.

Nuno Matos
31 July 2007, 11:07 PM
Namaste dear Yajvan

I do to have a great admiration over Newton Science. But try to step out of Newton Laws into quantum reality and say goodbye to Karma.

yajvan
01 August 2007, 03:29 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste dear Yajvan

I do to have a great admiration over Newton Science. But try to step out of Newton Laws into quantum reality and say goodbye to Karma.

Namaste Nuno,
I see your point... It seems there is a level of physics, for various levels of consciousness; from Newton to string theory.

I still have not found any reference that allows me the comprehenion of 11 dimesions of super-string theory. I need a smart person to distill it down to analogies, examples and concepts. I have not found this source.... the first few dimesions are pretty straight forward, yet once you get into 7,8,9...11 I just do not see a discrete dimension.

thanks again for your post.