PDA

View Full Version : Satan?

satay
19 July 2007, 12:39 PM
namaste,
This new thread is inspired by a response of nirotu to one of my comments in a post on another thread (Saga of Ego).

The ravages that we see around us are due to the forceful shoving of ‘my GOD is better’, “I am the only one that knows Grace” or “My GOD is the only true god dispensing true grace” kind of attitude of some men. Due to this intolerance, arrogance and ignorance we see ravages around us.

Yes, Satay. Satan’s functioning ego has created ravages in ways makes the need for turning to grace even more acute!

My point of view is that there can not be a separate entity called Satan who is trying to trick mankind if we are to believe that there is one God.

Either there is only one God (as experienced and verified by many) or there are two Gods, 1. Good God trying to protect us 2. Evil God trying to fool us by tricking us.

So which one is it? Could there be such a power/entity/god as Satan? What would be the point of it and if there is one are we saying that there are two forces at work in the universe and God can not control his twin evil brother?

satay
20 July 2007, 10:01 AM
no takers?

:)

atanu
20 July 2007, 11:41 AM
no takers?

:)

Namaste,

I am loading this thread up, with a few questions meant as clarification for the following assertion of Shri Nirotu:

Dear Friends:

---- I began to think about this profound statement. How true it really is!! Every soul is trying to turn to God because that is where it belongs, which is in the presence of God. Yet, the ego does not want to turn to God because God is not its creator!

--------

Blessings,

The questions I ask of Shri Nirotu are: What is Ego? If God is not its origin then who is? Who is the creator of Ego?

and waiting for Shri Nirotu's blessed response.

Kaos
20 July 2007, 11:57 AM
According to Buddhism, the devil, Satan, is inside you and me. It is that aspect of ourselves that is unacknowledged, denied, pushed out. It is called Mara, in Sanskrit.

Ganeshprasad
20 July 2007, 03:44 PM
Pranam all

What is Satan I have no clear idea, it is a Christian or Muslim concept.
Can anything exist apart from god? No, Hindu philosophy can not entertain such an idea.

Bhai Shree Rameshbhai only today explained to its audience in Crawley, he said Hindu philosophy can be explained very easily in a nut shell he said we are off him and because we can not exist outside of him we are in him, everything that be, belongs to him and everything is he.(i am sure i have not done justice to how he explained)
There is no scope of an entity that can exist apart of him.

Lord shree Krishna explains in Bhagvat Gita that he creates two types of living entity a Deva and Ashura.
And according to our propensity we follow one or the other. It is a constant battle between the two.

Nearest definition to Satan in my mind would be the Kali shree Bhagvat puran explains how and where he has the effect on jivas. Pariksit Maharaj allowed him four prominent place for him to operate.

Jai Shree Krishna

Kaos
20 July 2007, 06:21 PM
What is Satan I have no clear idea, it is a Christian or Muslim concept.

Yes, I agree. Satan is a Western concept. Similar to "enlightenment", they are both Western in terms.

satay
20 July 2007, 07:28 PM
At the advise and recommendation of the wise here on HDF, I am closing this thread.

If there are forces that need to block light, we need not invite them here on HDF.

We leave satan conversation to those who believe in him.