PDA

View Full Version : Mention of Vamachara sadhana in Pancharatra canon

Arjuna
20 April 2006, 10:16 AM
"Moreover, it (Lakshmi-tantra) alludes to the peculiar sadhana of the left-handed Tantras that requires a female partner." (History of the Tantric Religion, N. N. Bhattacharyya, New Delhi 1987. P. 47)

Lakshmi-tantra XXIIV. 44-47; XLII. 30-31

ramkish42
21 April 2006, 01:18 PM
"Moreover, it (Lakshmi-tantra) alludes to the peculiar sadhana of the left-handed Tantras that requires a female partner." (History of the Tantric Religion, N. N. Bhattacharyya, New Delhi 1987. P. 47)

Lakshmi-tantra XXIIV. 44-47; XLII. 30-31
Presence of Female Partner is also requied for any Yajna performed or even samaanya dharma of Dhaana etc.

Request you to clearly make it where does this female partner is subjected to intercourse during the puja session and how Pancharaatra explains Tantri idea of intercourse leading to Atmaanubhava

Arjuna
21 April 2006, 01:23 PM
Neither Bhattacharyya nor me is so illiterate as to mix these two cases. The case in Lakshmi-tantra is clearly sexual ritual and no mere presence in yajna or whatever. Just see the text ;)

ramkish42
21 April 2006, 03:58 PM
Neither Bhattacharyya nor me is so illiterate as to mix these two cases. The case in Lakshmi-tantra is clearly sexual ritual and no mere presence in yajna or whatever. Just see the text ;)
We will continue this in original Vamaachara thread. I cannot be answering to same query in two places