PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Yaruki
21 July 2007, 04:31 PM
Hello, my name is Yaruki (japanese for motivation).
I first read the Gita a year and a half ago, and became a Western Hindu. I have yet to become active in my local temple but I really want to. I guess its the fear of the unknown.

I am a member of the sanatana dharma group on myspace but its not very active, which is why I searched and found this message board. I hope to make many new friends here :)

Agnideva
21 July 2007, 05:17 PM
Namaste Yaruki and welcome. I like your avatar, but I'm afraid if I stare at it too long, it may put me into a hypnotic state :D.

Kaos
21 July 2007, 05:45 PM
Hello, my name is Yaruki (japanese for motivation).
I first read the Gita a year and a half ago, and became a Western Hindu. I have yet to become active in my local temple but I really want to. I guess its the fear of the unknown.

I am a member of the sanatana dharma group on myspace but its not very active, which is why I searched and found this message board. I hope to make many new friends here :)

Welcome, Yaruki.

I first read the Bhagavad Gita when I was 14, back in 1971, at a time of experimentation and counter-culture. I was too young then to fully grasp it's profound meaning. Like any normal teenager, I got distracted by the world around me. Now, 36 yrs., later, I find myself going back full circle to it's timeless wisdom.

Namaste, and I hope you find many friends here and again, welcome to the board.

Kaos

Yaruki
21 July 2007, 06:52 PM
Namaste Yaruki and welcome. I like your avatar, but I'm afraid if I stare at it too long, it may put me into a hypnotic state :D.

haha ya my avatar is from futurama.

satay
22 July 2007, 12:30 PM
namaskar yaruki,
Thank you for accepting my request and changing your avatar to a more appropriate one for the theme of HDF.

Much appreciated!

Ganeshprasad
22 July 2007, 05:16 PM
Pranam Yaruki

Welcome to the forum
Please tell us if you wish, what motivates you to be a Hindu ?

Jai Shree Krishna

Yaruki
23 July 2007, 04:19 AM
No problem Satay.

Ganeshprasad;
What originaly drew me to hiduism or sanatana dharma which ever you prefer was its rich history and it being the oldest known religion. When I was reading the Bhagavad gita I was thinking to myself, Krishna is really awesome.
Every time he spoke I felt captivated by his words, so much knowledge, and explained in a way everyone can understand. At that moment I became a survent of Krishna. Ive studied a lot of different religions but nothing penetrated my heart more then him.
It was a though I had been searching for the path I was once on, maybe from a previous life and now that ive found it once more I feel overjoyed.

satay
23 July 2007, 09:38 AM
Every time he spoke I felt captivated by his words, so much knowledge, and explained in a way everyone can understand. At that moment I became a survent of Krishna. Ive studied a lot of different religions but nothing penetrated my heart more then him.
It was a though I had been searching for the path I was once on, maybe from a previous life and now that ive found it once more I feel overjoyed.

As my good buddhist friend Vajradhara would say, "this is your good karma ripening".

:0