PDA

View Full Version : Looking up...

yajvan
11 August 2007, 08:27 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaskar,

Looking up this evening, you will have a very dark sky as it will be amavasya ( new moon) later today.
If one looks to the southern sky you will see Jupiter (Guru). Guru will be brightest in the sky. What is of interest, if you have a 25X or greater binoculars, you will see Jupiter's moons [we know 63 of them] without any effort.

You are looking at Jupiter at 16° in Scorpio and the Nakshatra of Anuradha. This asterism is owed by Sani. This nakshatra postion is owned by Mitra, hence a friend, to bring people together.

I have been watching them this week, as its interesting to view a graha standing still for a day ( doesn't look much different); You can also see what angle Jupiter (tilt) is at on its own X/Y axis by the angle or degree the moons are to this luminous body. You will also see a star below it.
It looks red and its Antares. Many mistake it for the red planet Mars.

It is a great boon for the light of Jupiter to enter ones eyes and consciousness ( from an astronomer point of view).

For more info: http://www.nightskyinfo.com/

Jupiter in the constellation Scorpio: http://www.nightskyinfo.com/maps_images/html/jupiter_map.htm

Om bram Brihaspati namah

pranams,

Znanna
11 August 2007, 04:08 PM
Around here, we will be viewing the meteor shower ... with clear skies and a new moon, it should be beautiful.

Namaste,
ZN

yajvan
11 August 2007, 10:04 PM
Hari OM
~~~~

Around here, we will be viewing the meteor shower ... with clear skies and a new moon, it should be beautiful.
Namaste,
ZN

Hello ZN, yep the Perseid shower is on display this weekend, Yet I Had never any luck getting a good view that one imagines in one's mind... that is the term 'shower' is a misnomer for me..its more of a dribble!

One asks - where do I look ? Saturday night after mid night is good start, yet more is expected sunday night between midnight and dawn.

Just look up the darkest place in the sky and you may see a few...This shower comes each year, and its been a while since I really seen more then say 10 or 15 in an hour.

And for those that look up, One more the 1st of September -( this one only comes once and a while e.g. 1935, 1986, and 1994 was the last view) ; Meteor shower called "Aurigids" is expected this year. because they appear to fan-out from the constellation of Auriga, the Charioteer. Best direction: East and Northeast

ya never know, maybe a maybe and we will get a real shower.

Nuno Matos
11 August 2007, 10:28 PM
Namaste Yajvan

"And for those that look up, One more the 1st of September -( this one only comes once and a while e.g. 1935, 1986, and 1994 was the last view) ; Meteor shower called "Aurigids" is expected this year. because they appear to fan-out from the constellation of Auriga, the Charioteer."

Do you think that will be visible here in Atlantic Iberia ?

yajvan
12 August 2007, 09:37 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan

"And for those that look up, One more the 1st of September -( this one only comes once and a while e.g. 1935, 1986, and 1994 was the last view) ; Meteor shower called "Aurigids" is expected this year. because they appear to fan-out from the constellation of Auriga, the Charioteer."

Do you think that will be visible here in Atlantic Iberia ?

Namaste Nuno,
This I am not sure... yet the density of the shower is to be great. Please do a google search on Aurigid Meteor Shower , and perhaps you will find specifics for your area.

pranams,