PDA

View Full Version : Ravi Yoga formed today and ...

yajvan
16 August 2007, 09:34 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

A Ravi Yoga is formed today ( USA , west cost) as chandra is 4 nakshatra's away from Surya. This yoga is the destroyer of all inauspiciousness, a good day for successful action and intent (sankalpam). This occurs when chandra is 4,6,9,10,13 and 20 nakshatras distant from the sun, Surya.

If there is interest we can talk more of yogas - Siddha, Amrita, Daghda, etc. and the rules for tithi, varna or/nakshatra.

One other note - that of Surya my most favorite graha; it will soon transit to Leo (simha) bhava. It continues its southern march; Surya's sankranti or entrance into his own house of Leo occurs 17th of August. Surya will be at home - just like when you are at home you have the greatest comfort. Surya is the natural Atma Karaka of all... a good time for spiritual pursuits.

As surya is in Leo, Starting with Cancer it is called dakshinayana, or its south direction until once again it arrives in Capricorn sankranti , that starts it's northen march called Uttarayana.

The Southern march - Leo to Capricorn, Dakshinayana, is owned by Surya. Six bhavas or signs. The northern bhavas Aquarius to Gemini is owned by Chandra. Its interesting to note that both exalted positions of Chandra and Surya are in the northen bhava's and the neecha or fallen are in the southern bhavas. When dealing with spiritual matters this notion of neeca is considered as shy or humble and is considered a blessing in many cases for the sadhu - one is Neecha bhanga raja-yogas.

Each Luminary owns 6 bhavas. This division of 6 each is the basis for Hora, day and night, time and space, and the D2 divisional chart that indicates the 2nd house dhana bhava, ( of wealth, loss of wealth, death, some other important matters).
Because it indicates death there are several Upanishads that discuss where one goes upon dropping the body ( Lagna) if the sun is on its southern track or northen track.

For day and night or north and south ownership one can read Saravali 3.9 to 3.10. Hora and Ahoratra, see Saravali 2.2. For the atma and vasana conversation I will support if asked - the first Upanishad that comes to mind is Mahanarayana, yet there are more if there is interest.

dhanyavaad

yajvan
05 July 2008, 06:14 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

One other note - that of Surya my most favorite graha; it will soon transit to Leo (simha) bhava. It continues its southern march; Surya's sankranti or entrance into his own house of Leo occurs 17th of August. Surya will be at home - just like when you are at home you have the greatest comfort. Surya is the natural Atma Karaka of all... a good time for spiritual pursuits.

As surya is in Leo, Starting with Cancer it is called dakshinayana, or its south direction until once again it arrives in Capricorn sankranti , that starts it's northen march called Uttarayana.

The Southern march - Leo to Capricorn, Dakshinayana, is owned by Surya. Six bhavas or signs. The northern bhavas Aquarius to Gemini is owned by Chandra. Its interesting to note that both exalted positions of Chandra and Surya are in the northen bhava's and the neecha or fallen are in the southern bhavas. When dealing with spiritual matters this notion of neeca is considered as shy or humble and is considered a blessing in many cases for the sadhu - one is Neecha bhanga raja-yogas.

Each Luminary owns 6 bhavas. This division of 6 each is the basis for Hora, day and night, time and space, and the D2 divisional chart that indicates the 2nd house dhana bhava, ( of wealth, loss of wealth, death, some other important matters).
Because it indicates death there are several Upanishads that discuss where one goes upon dropping the body ( Lagna) if the sun is on its southern track or northen track.

Namaste,
On 15th of July at 6 PM CST Surya ( the Sun) will enter into Cancer... this transit from Gemini ( Mithuna) to Cancer (Karkata) begins the Sun's southern march.

This southern direction, from 90° to 270° of the zodiac, is called dakshinayana , also called yamyayana. This path covers 6 signs or rasi-s.
The northern march of surya called Uttarayana, starts as it enters Capricorn (called Makara) and it too covers 6 signs, till it once again completes it's northern path in the last degrees of Gemini ( Mithuna) or 90º of the zodiac.

For me there is a definite distinction in the quality of life between the southern and northern route. I much prefer Uttarayana, as things seem a bit more positive and uplifting. Perhaps you have noticed a difference?

The difference between the Northern and Southern paths may also trigger various yoga-s for me and that is why I find it more attractive.

We also find in the Mahabharata, that Bishma¹ awaited the Sun's Northern path before dropping the body, as he laid on a bed of arrows.

The Upanisads talk of this northern path on several occasions. There are some HDF posts on this and I will need to look for them. I will post them as I find them in the footnote section below.

http://desicolours.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/sri100.jpg

Other HDF posts referenced
yoga's - see http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3082

Bishma - http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15089&postcount=2