PDA

View Full Version : Shivambhu - the water of Shiva

Jigar
21 August 2007, 08:10 PM
namaste,
i was talking with a co-worker.... and while the ol' FOB was admiring my beer he tells me that he's been drinking his own urine for 30 years without any health problems. Disgusted and intrigued, i looked it up and found the hindu practice of
Shivambhu - the water of Lord Shiva.

discuss

maste nam,
jigar

yajvan
26 August 2007, 05:24 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

namaste,
i was talking with a co-worker.... and while the ol' FOB was admiring my beer he tells me that he's been drinking his own urine for 30 years without any health problems. Disgusted and intrigued, i looked it up and found the hindu practice of Shivambhu - the water of Lord Shiva.

Namaste Jigar,

if you wish to do some reseach on this it is called amaroli , and is part of Hatha yoga. Google 'amaroli' and you will find tons of articles.

I know many that do this as part of a daily practice for years. I myself have not chosen to do this. For some reason it sounds un-inviting. Yet when you read the logic behind this theraphy, it holds water.... no pun intended, well maybe just a little.http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

pranams,

Yaruki
27 August 2007, 07:32 AM
Thats just gross lol

Arjuna
02 September 2007, 03:24 PM
I wonder if this term isn't just misunderstood as "urine"...

Moreover, many later (post–12 century) hatha-yogic practices are mere results of misunderstanding of initial Kaula doctrines and methods. And I assume all -oli mudrAs are something quite different from commonly held ideas of them.

It would be interesting to hear what Sarabhanga thinks on the subject...

Jigar
03 September 2007, 12:26 AM
namaste,

:rolleyes: thanks yajvan

maste nam,
jigar