PDA

View Full Version : Initiation in shiva mantra

Arcanum
24 August 2007, 06:35 AM
Namas te
I am very much interesting in finding guru who have knowledge of chanting om nama shivaya mantra? Could you please help me in my search? Where to find such person? What is process of initiation in Shiv mantra?

Agnideva
24 August 2007, 10:47 PM
Namaste Arcanum,

I am very much interesting in finding guru who have knowledge of chanting om nama shivaya mantra? Could you please help me in my search? Where to find such person? What is process of initiation in Shiv mantra?
Aum Namah Shivaya mantra is used by many different lineages. In the Shaivite lineages (those that follow the tradition of the Shaiva Agamas), any guru or qualified priest can give initiation into the Aum Namah Shivaya mantra, as far as I know. Shaivite lineages generally hold that any sincere aspirant is eligible for mantra diksha, but different gurus may have different stipulations. In the US, gurus from the Saiva Siddhanta, Kashmir Shaivism, Vira Shaivism and Siddha Yoga traditions are all known to give initiation into the Aum Namah Shivaya mantra.

There is some information on this site about the mantra diksha from the Saiva Siddhanta Church (http://www.himalayanacademy.com/ssc/).

Aum Namah Shivaya,
A.

Lokavidu
30 March 2011, 11:34 PM
Is Om Namah Shivaya a siddha mantra?

what is the meaning of siddha mantra?

is that true a siddha mantra doesn't need an initiation?

what are the benefits of chanting this mantra?

thank you