PDA

View Full Version : It Seems To Me...

yajvan
27 August 2007, 09:07 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,
This is just a perspective I see - wondered if some of you see the same or have this inclination?

It seems to me that moving ones spiritual progress forward years ago , not 10 or 20 years, but hundreds, was more conducive to the sadhu. How so? When one is closer to the outdoors to prakriti in its 5 tattva state. It seems to me ones consciousness aligns to these fundamentals much easier.

That is to say the distrance from Brhaman seems to be a shorter step to see wouth out all the 'middle men'. What do I mean by this ? We know of the 5 tattvas - Akasa (आकाश ākāśa , my favorite ) pervades everything as the foundation for the material universe and frankly for chit and cidakasa , the space of consciousness we employ. From this comes vayu, from that comes agni and from agni, apa, and apa ( water/fluid principle) come prthvi or earth/dense material principle.

Each advancing tattva has the previous tattvas included in it e.g. agni has vayu and aksha , and prthvi has apa, agni, vayu and akasha tattvas included in its constitution. So when one is closer to prikriti of the display of the 3 gunas when viewed in nasture, the 5 tattvas are more appearent.
One can then appreciate and see how ones own constitution is of this origin - that is, its easier ( to me) to separate Self from non-self. Non-self = prakriti.

So, enter modern day society more 'middle men' as I mention above enter the picture. The tattvas are still here, yet the diversity has multiplied exhaustively - trains, planes, cars, toasters, iPODs, Hi-def TVs, computers, book explosion, homes, condos, multiplicity of every sort, then its diversity by category. That is, how many different kinds of cars are there? watches? shoes? eye glasses? just to name a few. Add in the various vibrations that are in akasha (feelings, thoughts, emotions, all there bouncing and swimming along).

All are made from or evolve from the same 5 tattvas but the multiplicity and diversity is enormous. Each object has then the ability to capture the senses. Artabhaga Brahmana of the Brihardaranaka Upanishad says it this way:the organ of smell is seized by odor, the organ of speech, sized by name, the organ if taste ( the tongue) is seized by by taste, the eye is seized by form and the ear is seized by sound'.

Hence years ago, the distractions were less, the impact and frequency was less. It makes sense to me that when one would sit down to meditate, study, or read, the distractions were minor. And if one cared to go outside it seems to me that nature was conducive to ones spiritual growth.

I am not naive to think there still were not challenges - gathering food, having shelter, fresh water, protection….all that , let alone no heat or air conditioned spaces. Yet overall I think ones ability to have silence as a friend was there… Silence is an expression of akasha, Askasa an expression of Kham bija vibration (from ख kha) and that , the expression of Brahman, of Om; And what of that? the unstruck sound of AUM, called amatra, the 4th, turiya - being more available to the sadhu.

pranams (प्रणाम)

Nuno Matos
27 August 2007, 09:50 AM
Namaste Yajvan

Yes. I do agree with you. Modern society (citys ) are not the place for the aspirant sadhu. There's to much out caste vritt's hanging around, that is one of the reasons i don't watch to much TV. I should not say the same for the experimented one. As evolution means getting to higher states of vibration.
Never the less wild nature can be in itself a source of evolutive vritt's to be conquered and integrated in the self by the self. I am remembering the sadhu that stays naked all year long in the icy Himalayas or the one who is in the middle of an arid desert meditating.All of them are conquering and integrating higher states of evolution.
Nature in general is worm and acts like a mother it gives you a sense of protection and of beauty and it calms you and me;).
Being able to be in Turya in the middle of a schizophrenic vampiric society, like the modern world of ours is the work of/for a very evoluted being.