PDA

View Full Version : The power of Gayatri

sm78
31 August 2007, 02:11 AM
This was originally posted in another forum and something which I found to be of great insight in this age of darkness when increasing violence against Sanatana Dharma is making many of us worried. Incidentally Shaktibad Swami had the exact same prescription as the beloved Paramaacharya.

Dear viewers,

This is an incident narrated by Maha periyavaal on the power of gayatri mantra.

Once over forty brahmins from the area Vanniya Teynampet in Chennai came to have darshan of Maha Periyavaa. After their obeisance to the sage, they expressed their common mental agony: that brahmins were not able to go around in the area with respect as some atheists made fun and showed animosity whenever they came across the hair-tufts, sacred threads, and Vaishnavite marks that adorned the body of a brahmin. As he heard this, Sri PeriyavargaL asked them, "You people do the Gayatri Japam every day?" There was silence. He advised them, "Continue to do the Gayatri Japam daily. Everything will be all right."

As advised, they started doing did Gayatri Japam daily. Within two months the situation changed to their complete satisfaction. They met Periyavaa happily and conveyed the news. Periyavaa told them, "All the problems are due to your giving up Gayatri mantra. The power of Gayatri mantra is immesurable."

Regards,
sriram

yajvan
31 August 2007, 09:17 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

This was originally posted in another forum and something which I found to be of great insight in this age of darkness when increasing violence against Sanatana Dharma is making many of us worried. Incidentally Shaktibad Swami had the exact same prescription as the beloved Paramaacharya.

Namaste sm78,

This is most excellent! IMHO this is the method to solve many many of our worlds issues...collectively we are stronger. I mention this notion of the collective consciousness in one method to solving the rampage of militant mischief-makers in our world today: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15481&postcount=27

Collectively - sattva is a force that is infective. As if one was in the darshan of the rishi's and muni's all the time. This I believe is so conductive to a healthy society. Not only does the bad get neutralized, but the 'good' gets even better.

So the question becomes does it have to be gayatri? It would be wonderful if all did their program based upon this, yet other mantras will assist. And what about while people finished their gayatri and went about their business we could have pundits reciting the sama ved, infusing more harmony in the world buy their chants. And a 'camp' for new pundits, those brahmacharins that wish to grow in the knowledge and become part of the pundit-ji force for good...Here is the enlightened technology to overcome the asuras of kali yuga.

Thank you for sharing a most practical approach. If I Could just say 'let this be so' and it was! May Sri Skanda-ji lead the way!

pranams,

Agnideva
31 August 2007, 10:39 AM
Namaste Singhi, Yajvan,

There is an socio-spiritual organization called the Gayatri Parivar (http://www.awgp.org/) started by Pandit Ram Sharma Acharya. It is based in India, but also has a presence in the US and other countries. Pandit Ram Sharma Acharya believed and taught (as have countless others) that the chanting of the Gayatri mantra has immense power for transformation. He also taught that Gayatri is to be chanted by one and all, and when this is done, it will bring about the transformation of individual thought and socio-spiritual consciousness of humankind, a veritable change in the yuga itself. He calls his movement the Yug Nirman Yojana (scheme for re-creation of the yuga).

Call of the Time

This is a crucial phase of grand transformation of the era. Because of his ignorance and wrong and evil thinking, man has led the entire world to an edge of dreadful decline and devastation. The only light of hope appears in –– purification of mind, awakening of righteous wisdom, adoption of the noble path of sensitivity, benevolence, altruism and collective elevation.

Evolutionary impulse of Super consciousness, the dawn of divinity alone could save the world and enable the arrival of the Age-of-Truth. The devout spiritual endeavors of the Rishis (seers and sages of all ages) have prepared the ground for this epochal awakening in the sublime realms. We now have to sincerely attempt self-refinement and self-transformation to let it descent in our minds, illuminate our inner-selves and be expressed in our deeds.

What to do? How to go about?

Practice devotional meditation for ten minutes at least every morning with heartiest prayer of “Enlightened Wisdom and Bright Future for All”. Mental enunciation (or chanting) of the Gayatri Mantra (or its root-syllables “Om Bhur Buvah Swah”) or the name of the divine focus of your faith would help the desired mental engrossment. As part of its Yug Nirman Yojna – the mission of reconstruction of an era, the Gayatri Pariwar has pioneered collective awakening, mental purification and training of the masses for this sadhana based on spiritual practice of Gayatri Mantra japa and meditation. People from all corners of the globe and from all faiths, creeds, castes and social status, are welcome to participate in this unique experiment.OM Shanti,
A.

yajvan
31 August 2007, 06:41 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste Singhi, Yajvan,

There is an socio-spiritual organization called the Gayatri Parivar (http://www.awgp.org/) started by Pandit Ram Sharma Acharya. It is based in India, but also has a presence in the US and other countries. Pandit Ram Sharma Acharya believed and taught (as have countless others) that the chanting of the Gayatri mantra has immense power for transformation. He also taught that Gayatri is to be chanted by one and all, and when this is done, it will bring about the transformation of individual thought and socio-spiritual consciousness of humankind, a veritable change in the yuga itself. He calls his movement the Yug Nirman Yojana (scheme for re-creation of the yuga). OM Shanti, A.

Namaste A, Singhi (et.al)
Thank you for the information... I visited this site today, and its noble cause.

Krsna says (Gita 10.35)
Of hymns I am the Brhat-sama sung to the Lord Indra, and of poetry I am the Gayatri verse, sung daily by Brahmanas. Of months I am November and December, and of seasons I am flower-bearing spring.

It is wonderful to think that Vishvamitra muni was able to cognize this most wonderful vibration and meter, and choose to pass it on (Rig Ved 3.62.10) for others to benefit.

http://wahiduddin.net/mantra/images/gayatri_mantra_a.gif

pranams,

devisarada
01 September 2007, 07:12 AM
Namaste,

and Thank-you for the link to the Gayatri Parivar website. I would be very grateful if you posted deeper explanations of the Gayatri Mantra, its power, and the symbolism.

yajvan
01 September 2007, 08:00 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

and Thank-you for the link to the Gayatri Parivar website. I would be very grateful if you posted deeper explanations of the Gayatri Mantra, its power, and the symbolism.

Namaste devisarada,
Please consider this thread on Gayatri:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7690&postcount=1

Just an FYI - we talk much about alot of subjects... so if you go to 'Search' on the tool bar ( next to NEW POSTS and to the left of QUICK LINKS) - you may look for other subjects that may be of interest.

dhanyavad

devisarada
01 September 2007, 08:23 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste devisarada,
Please consider this thread on Gayatri:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7690&postcount=1

Just an FYI - we talk much about alot of subjects... so if you go to 'Search' on the tool bar ( next to NEW POSTS and to the left of QUICK LINKS) - you may look for other subjects that may be of interest.

dhanyavad

Thank-you, once more.

I will have a look a that thread