PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Prediction

pyariladki
02 September 2007, 05:17 PM
Dear Guruji(s),

Could you provide insight as to how marriage is predicted? What planetary transits? Any particular antar and/or pratyantar dasas? Also, how can one study what the spouse will be like? Personality, profession, financially, etc.? Or is that even possible via the kundali?

yajvan
02 September 2007, 11:02 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Dear Guruji(s),

Could you provide insight as to how marriage is predicted? What planetary transits? Any particular antar and/or pratyantar dasas? Also, how can one study what the spouse will be like? Personality, profession, financially, etc.? Or is that even possible via the kundali?

Namaste pyariladki,

There are several things one must consider:

First is looking at the 7th house (of relationships) - deals with marrige, passions and related happiness. Note that malefics in kendras to the 7th shows one very passionate; benefics and malefics balance this passion.
Its interesting to note that the 7th house is 12th from the 8th, and hence a maraka bhava - destroying longevity. ( go figure?)
Look to the Upapada Lagna that is the arudha of the 12 house, to indicate the type of spouse; and the aspects to this Upapada lagna - is it favorable?
Now the dharapada [ arudha of the 7th house] indicate the type of relationship that is attracted as a partner - is it a benefic / malefic? where does it reside?
Lets say the Sun ( Surya ) is the in the 7th house or in the Upapada... the partner will come with high family status. ( I think of Sri Ram and un the Upapada, the sun is exalted in Aries, and Sri Ram was gifted with Sita).
If the moon is there, the spouse will be filled with emotion - and this is modified by the aspects to Chandra (moon).
Mars in the 7th, unless with good aspects and yogas, suggest a short life to the spouse; AS Ayus is affected here, the spouce will have Mars (tajas) influence and very spirited.
Mercury in the 7th (or Upapada for all these indications) , the spouce will have an intellectual bent, an affinity for books and business; this is also with Jupiter - a learned individual. This is a fortunate position for the relationship
Rahu gives undesired results as you would expect; Yet Saturn (sani) gets dik bala or directional strength and a traveling/industrious relationship will occur.
Ketu as the mokshakaraka will give a detached relationship - I see this with graha dristi , where ketu gives a strong aspect to the 7th or Upapada.. a good combination for the sadhu.
One must look at the karaka of relationships and spouce and see how sukra or Venus is positionedTiming of marriage if it is to be

Many use Vimshottari dasa for this timing...yet the Narayana dasa system tells the jyotisha how the universes or environment is presented to the native. Venus & the moon becomes a key grahas for Narayana Dasa. One looks to the relationship of Venus and the Upapada lagna and the 7th house.
Another technique is the viewing of sahams or sensitive mathematical points on the chart and when the Upapada,Venus and Moon are passing over these points and within the dasa period. Specifically look to the Vivahha saham which is the sahama of marriage + Punya saham , that of fortune (of gains, in this case a spouse).Key points then, the 7th house, the Upapada, dharapada, Venus and Moon; then the movement of and timing of these grahas. Aso note too the relatiship of the 7th lord, the placement of the Upapada and dharapada lord. One must look to the Navamsa varaga chart ( the 9th divisional chart) for additional insights on this matter.

just a few ideas...

Arvind Sivaraman
02 September 2007, 11:35 PM
Dear Guruji(s),

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste Pyariladki.

The below mentioned details may give an indication.
1)For Aries Lagna - Karaka for Marriage - Planet Venus
2)Taurus - Sun
3)Gemini - Jupiter
4)Cancer - Sun
5)Leo - Saturn
6)Virgo - Venus
7)Libra - Mars
8)Scorpio - Jupiter
9)Sagittarius - Moon
10)Capricorn - Moon
11)Aquarius - Sun
12)Pisces - Mercury

The Placement of the Planet,The Aspects on the Karaka for Marraige may give a finer indication .
The above mentioned details are as per Vedic Astrology.

pyariladki
03 September 2007, 12:44 AM
So therefore it is common to see many sadhus/sants with a ketu in the 7th? Rahu being the head and indicating materialism-does this then mean that such a 7th house placement would be focused on materialistic pursuits? Also for the ketu in 7th does this detached relationship indicate a troublesome marriage? It is likely however (no?) that this detachment is simply on part of one spouse and not necessarily the other?

yajvan
03 September 2007, 12:21 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyariladki http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15568#post15568)
So therefore it is common to see many sadhus/saints with a ketu in the 7th? Rahu being the head and indicating materialism-does this then mean that such a 7th house placement would be focused on materialistic pursuits? Also for the ketu in 7th does this detached relationship indicate a troublesome marriage? It is likely however (no?) that this detachment is simply on part of one spouse and not necessarily the other?

Namaste Arvind and Pyariladki,

Let me, if I may give you another opinion on this matter... A benefic in the 3rd-6th from the arudha lagna does not make a saint unless more indicators are present. What if Mars or Sani also present? Then this indication falters. What Arvind says has merit, lets go a little wider and deeper.

A benefic in the 3rd tells ones disposition and it could be saintly. As Arvind points out Jupiter, Venus, and Mercury will give a nice sama , evenness to the individual, yet will it make a sadhu? I would only hope all the people with these planets in the 3rd-6th from AL (Arudha Lagna) would be sadaka. Let me explain.

It should be noted the placement of the lord of the 3rd in a dusthana ( 6th ,8th 12th) suggests that a persons passions are well under control - this is the indicator of the sadhu or aspirant seeking higher levels of spiritual achievement. A dusthana in another dusthana is a blessing and considered Vipareeta Rajyoga.

So lets take Arvind's example - Swami Vivekanda - he has Guru ( Jupiter ) in the 3rd from AL. This Jupiter shows ahimsha, which balances his very strong Mars in Aries and in a trine. Also note that benefits are in swami-ji's 3rd and 6th house from AL as Arvind also notes as to ones spiritual orientation.

side note observation
What is not discussed here, the 3rd from the AL will tell the individual's type of death. For me, I have Chandra in the 3rd from the AL. I should expect a death involving water/fluids - now can this be in water? or in fluids in the lungs?
So the question for learning... why 3rd and 6th from the AL? what is the connection? It must be that the 3rd is the 8th from the 8th as it involves death. Now why the 6th house for the place of death? Any ideas?

Pyariladki you mention " it is common to see many sadhus/saints with a ketu in the 7th? " - If I had a choice, Jaimini says Ketu in the 12th in Pisces shows that sadaka that desires moksha in this life with a high probability of achievement. Then in the 12th house in general; then in Moksha houses 4th , 8th 12th or the co-lord of a moska house ( this would be Scorpio , as Ketu is co-lord).

Now another indicator of a sadhu making great strides in this life is Sun ( Surya) as the Atmakaraka - a most noble position. And Rahu is another as the Atmakara. These indicate one on the path that is unfolding.
Just these alone? Usually not as a Sadhu will have more indicators: The Lagna lord in the 12th and that makes it the Paka lagna. This indicates earlier then expected retirement. That is one point. Now what does s/he do with this retirement time? look to the collection of planets. If in the 9th, a spiritual house, ones time is spent on spiritual matters.Lets take Arvind's example - Swami Vivekanda - he has Guru ( Jupiter ) in the 3rd from AL. What is notable? The strong binna astakavaraga of 7 in this position! This gives this saintliness strength - this is a key observation - does the graha have strength to mature the potential that it indicates? In this case yes.

This Jupiter show ahimsha, which balances his very strong Mars , in Aries and in a trine. We noted before that benefits are in swami-ji's 3rd and 6th house from AL. Why is this key? to balance the next set of data:
His chart shows 4 Maha yogada's ( 4!). This shows power, authority that can be applied if chosen to his spiritual pursuits. Who are they? --> Sun, Moon Jupiter and Saturn - Sun is key as the AK - Atmakaraka.
If you asked me what are some of the key indicators of Vivekanda-ji's spiritual orientation, I would say Sun as the Atmaka (see the listing of charakarakaka's below); The AK is the king of the chart. Nothing gets accomplished without his cooperation. The AK is in the Lagna, indicating rajayoga.
Yet is that all? One that I consider is tapaswi yoga - note that sukracharaya ( Venus) + Mokshakaraka (Ketu) + Sani ( discipline + moksha) are in trines to each other. And Saturn with moon in the 10th (Career) suggests are career for spiritual pursuits and one-pointedness (Sani) of the mind (chandra).
What else ? I would look at a most common yoga of Guru-Mangala yoga - Note the strenth of Mars in his own house of Aries + Jupiter 3rd from AL + 7 bindus in libra ( owned by sukracharaya) - and you have a strong yoga for spiritual discipline and the high respect for the guru-sisya tradition.More can be said if one looks to the Dharmamsa ( D9 chart) - the guru-mangala yoga continues! Sun stays strong as achieving the best 1/9th division remaining in Sagittarius i.e.vargottma.

These are a few of my observations applying the rules of Jaimini, and other luminaries; I am not the author of this wisdom and am thankful I can talk for a few minutes standing on the shoulders of those great muni's.

'the footprint of a sadhu is allover ones chart...'

pranams

Body Longitude
Lagna 26 Sg 09' 45.58"
Sun - AK 29 Sg 25
Moon - AmK 17 Vi 27'
Mars - GK 6 Ar 19'
Mercury - MK 11 Cp 47'
Jupiter - DK 4 Li 00'
Venus - PK 7 Cp 06'
Saturn - BK 13 Vi 34'
Rahu - PiK 22 Sc 14'
Ketu 22 Ta 14' 49.49"

pyariladki
04 September 2007, 08:53 PM
So it is possible though that in some cases one may have such placements and yet marry? It isn't uncommon to see individuals who are married and yet possess many of the characteristics demanded in sincerely following the devotional-spiritual path.

yajvan
04 September 2007, 11:22 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

So it is possible though that in some cases one may have such placements and yet marry? It isn't uncommon to see individuals who are married and yet possess many of the characteristics demanded in sincerely following the devotional-spiritual path.

Namaste ptailadki,
Yes, this is true. Many of the greastest rishi's were married. That does not suggest they did not take sanyas and retire to the woods. Yet, married had off-spring, etc. Some did , some did not.

Yet when I think of Yajnavalkyka and Maitreyi, the relationship must of been unique, as Yajnavalkyka followed the rigor of ashrama.

There a many many examples in the Upainshads of rishis in families and offspring. The off spring then become seers also.

pranams,

pyariladki
15 September 2007, 01:07 AM
Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries. My last question had held some personal significance as I have ketu in my 7th house. Thank you once again.