PDA

View Full Version : Krsna's Chart - Janmashtami

yajvan
04 September 2007, 02:07 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~~

Namaste on this Krishna Janmashtami

Jyotish tools are quite limited when dealing with Avatara, especially Keshava. Yet what are some of the things we may find with Madhava's janma Kundali? We know a few things from the shastras and with the help of BV Raman's work.

If we look to the Visnu Purana and Srimad Bhagavatam it suggests Krsna lived for 125 years. We also note that he retired from this world at the beginning of Kali yuga's start of 3102 BC. Some say his departure was the advent of this yuga's entrance.

So 3102 BC minus 125 years gives Kesava's birth in 3227 BC. Now what month , date and time? We know during the dark half of the month of Sravana and the 8th lunar day. The moon ( as today) was in Rohini , the constellation of Taurus. Scriptures say his birth was ~ midnight. So from this a chart can be erected.

Even if one did not see Krsna's chart one knows intuitively Krsna's Chara atmakaraka, it is the Sun. This suggests there is nothing for this being to accomplish spiritually on this good earth, all will come to Him.
And in Krsna's chart, the sun, Surya is at home in Leo residing comfortably at 'home'. Yet in this degree the sun is in its Moolatrikona position - that is, its 'office' and has some business to attend to.

And what can be this business of Krsna ? Bhagavad Gita Chapter 4.7 - 4.8 "Whenever dharma is in decay and adharma flourishes, O Bharata (Arjuna) then I take birth [ I create Myself]. To protect the righteous and the destroy the wicked, to establish dharma firmly, I take birth age after age." This Sun is royalty, and is also the natural atmakaraka of all on this good earth - as is Krsna, the core of one's SELF.

And what of the moon? Chandra ? It is exalted in Taurus. It shows the full blossoming of the heart/emotions. So both luminaries [ sun and moon] reside in their most auspicious place in the Bha Chakara ( the constellations].

Yet Krsna was born under some apparent duress, yes?

Born of Deviki and Vasudeva, they were under the threat of the asura king Kamsa that the 8th son of Deviki would threaten him (Kamsa), so he wanted to destroy Krsna early on. Krana was born (really appeared) while Devki was hiden away in a prison hideout.
This can be seen with the Lagna lord co-joined with Rahu and the 12 lord Mars. This 12 house gives to constraints/prisons, time away, etc. and Mars rules prisons; Add to the fact that Sani gives rasi dristi and graha dristi, AND resides in Mars house ( to help him do his work), this indicates the possibility of Ksna's birth in detention with Mother ( obviously) - that of moon and venus.Some interesting points
Mars is in the 3rd house ( a dusthana) and also owns the 12 house, Aries.

A dusthana in a dusthana give strength. So a Vipareet rajayoga occurs for Sri Krsna and gets graha bala or planetary strength from this. And this serves Krsna well all throughout His earth life.
Because of this strength, there is something that is quite remarkable here. Rahu is with the Lagna lord Venus ( one of the most notable spiritual planets as Sukracharaya). And Rahu is considered a naga. We know Sesa naga surrounds and protects Sri Visnu. This is the case in Krsna's chart . As if this babe was vulnerable, He has protection of infinity, Sesa naga at his service. [This too can be seen Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu charts also - that is uncanny to say the least.]
This 3rd house strength of Mars may perhaps indicate invincibility for the avatara, and very good strength for us mortals.Side note for Arvind and other jyotisha's considering a most recent post http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15583&postcount=5 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15583&postcount=5) on benefics in the 3rd and 6th houses for one being a sadhu. in Krsna's chart , 3rd from AL is Aries owned by Mars, and 6th from AL is Cancer, in which Mars resides... a most interesting combination. Note from the post just listed we discussed the cause of ones death, yes? The 3rd house gives one a clue on ones death. 3rd house owner is Mars - and Mars rules hunting - how did Keshava die?
Mars rules weapons. And Mars is in the 6th from AL, and also in the 3rd from Lagna. A most interesting indication of Krsna's reason for departing this earth.

Now what can jyotish not explain?
What of Krsna's 16,108 wives? Lagna lord Venus ( high potency) and Mars , owner of 7th lord of relationships and now in strength as Vipareet rajyoga, could never consider or predict 16,108 wives. Now reacall he had 10 sons from each wife (10 X 16,108) = 16,108,000. Where does one see children from? - the 5th house. And Krsna's 5th house lord, Mercury is exalted in Virgo with Jupiter ( owner of expanision). There's lots more that is difficult to impossible to explain.

What of Krsna as amsa-kalah - he is this single most , complete avatara. This cannot not even be fathomed in a Jyotish chart. (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.28]

There is more we can discsuss...

Krsna's full knowledge as reflected in the Bhagavd Gita ( perfect knoweldge) Mercury + Jupiter in the 9th house in Navamsa.
Krsna's charm and graciousness - Chandra in Rohini and vargottma ( same location in Navamsa also called Dharmansa).
His desire as the Jagadguru for yoga for the sadhu: Ketu + moon
His Siddhi's ot asta (8) Siddhi's - look to Sani as yogakaraka or owner of the 9th and 10th house in the rasi chart.
Krsna's complete control of Maya - tat is Chandra ( mind) contols Rahu by dispostorship - this is a new area of learning for me, and I became aware of this 'strength' recently.
Most noteworthy - benefics in trines to the Karakamsa - Sun, jupiter, mercury and moon.
My favorite - 12th from Karakamsa postion is the indicator of ones Ishtadevata in the D9 or Navamsa chart . The Sun is in Virgo, and the 12th from it, is Leo. The owner of Leo is Sun = Atamakaraka. Hense there is no difference between the Atma and the Ishta. Krsna has accomplished all there needs to be accomplished.Sarvam Sri Krsnarpanam Astu
Hari Om Tat Sat

set_raj
14 August 2009, 08:48 AM
Jai Shri krishna

shanthanu_sarma
25 August 2009, 02:25 PM
Namastey Yajvan ji,
Nice to read your interpretations on Keshava's Chart. I love knowing more about krishna from Astrology perspective. Pls give us more information from jyotisha's point of view on krishna's life events. I am sure you would have studied the chart in depth.

Thank You,
Shanthanu.

yajvan
25 August 2009, 05:33 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

I wrote in post 1

What of Krsna as amsa-kalah - he is this single most , complete avatara. This cannot not even be fathomed in a Jyotish chart. (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.28]

I am sure there is more to write yet it will fall short of the fullness and completeness that keśava (Kṛṣṇa) brought to this good earth.
Why so? It is in His name keśava. We know this word keśava means having long ,handsome hair. Yet if we look deeper we see the brilliance of His name keśava. It is ka + a + īśa = keśava.

ka क - is brahmā ; it is also splendor, light; it is 1st consonant of the saṃskṛt assembly of akṣara¹, that is, the nāgarī¹ letters of the saṃskṛt alphabet.
a अ - is a noun of viṣṇu ; it is the first letter the first vowel (svara) of the saṃskṛt assembly of akṣara¹, that is, the nāgarī¹ letters of the saṃskṛt alphabet. From here , from this a, all else proceeds.
īśa ईश - is master, lord; it is a noun of śiva, the Supreme, Śivabhaṭṭāraka.So what does this keśava tell us? It is He that is the Supreme Śivabhaṭṭāraka, who controls and is the master of and lord of brahmā and viṣṇu.
For me as a meager jyotiṣa śiṣya to look at the depth and breath of keśava's chart at this level of Greatness is beyond my ( and most) jyotiṣa abilities. Even the jyotiṣ śāstri (teacher, one who knows) suggest that when it comes to the Divine and the avatāra (Divine decent of Being) classical jyotiṣ tools and approaches fall short.

That said and as time permits I will look to some of the jyotiṣa-s I think are excellent and see if they add any additional insights to Kṛṣṇa's chart.

praṇām

words

nāgarī नागरी - city or town.
akṣara अक्षर- a letter, vowel, sound, word; also means imperishable

Stephen
28 April 2010, 01:03 PM
>My favorite - 12th from Karakamsa postion is the indicator of ones Ishtadevata in the D9 or Navamsa chart .

In the general sense, does one consider the ruler of 12th house from the Karakamsa, planets residing in it, or does one have to weigh and balance both considerations somehow?

LALKAR
29 April 2010, 10:21 AM
Namaste Yajvan G

This is great post

Jai Sri Krishan

Stephen
04 May 2010, 01:06 PM
>My favorite - 12th from Karakamsa postion is the indicator of ones Ishtadevata in the D9 or Navamsa chart .

In the general sense, does one consider the ruler of 12th house from the Karakamsa, planets residing in it, or does one have to weigh and balance both considerations somehow?

yajvan
31 August 2010, 06:49 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Kṛṣṇa chose to be born in the janma-nakṣatra of rohiṇī . This rohiṇī is defined as rising , assending, growing, increasing ; it is also 'above' from the word rohan.
we know rohiṇī can also be a red cow ( from rohita , 'red or reddish' ) and as the word evolved came to mean any cow , represented as a daughter of surabhi and mother of cattle.

We know too kṛṣṇa as the cow-herder and a nice fit with this rohiṇī.
Does anyone care to offer a POV on why śṛi kṛṣṇa-ji chose this rohiṇī nakṣatra for His birth?

praṇām

kd gupta
31 August 2010, 11:21 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Kṛṣṇa chose to be born in the janma-nakṣatra of rohiṇī . This rohiṇī is defined as rising , assending, growing, increasing ; it is also 'above' from the word rohan.
we know rohiṇī can also be a red cow ( from rohita , 'red or reddish' ) and as the word evolved came to mean any cow , represented as a daughter of surabhi and mother of cattle.

We know too kṛṣṇa as the cow-herder and a nice fit with this rohiṇī.
Does anyone care to offer a POV on why śṛi kṛṣṇa-ji chose this rohiṇī nakṣatra for His birth?
Pranam
Gita is full of word I , people wonder that how Krsn addresses himself as Vishnu and also at one place he says that he is Vasudeo in Vrashnish .

Just we try to look into these Vedmantras….
Urugayay vrashne…Urugayasya vrashnah 3,6/154/1mandalam rig veda .
We find that veda prays for vishnu as vrashnah , same as krsn hints him to come from vrashnish .

Again take another vedmantra ….
Aa Krsnen rajasa vartmano niveshyanmratam martyam cha 43/33 yaj
Follow the path as the sun follows and as krsn directed .

Now that krsn is coming on the midnight [ I think rohini nakshatra falls and good time to come for a chitchor ] of 2nd sept 2010 ,so all krsn lovers be awake .

Jai sri krsn , the international makhan chor .

Mohit sharma
05 September 2010, 08:10 AM
pranam guruji i m new in this conversation & i dont have much knowledge, but i m keen to know how this universe occurred. who did this , when the first human arrived ,who was the first one ,from where the god came, which god occurred first,from when the yugas started,how do i calculate the nakshtra,in which form the god came,is their is any other life after this one,many purana says that their is 21 avtars of lord vishnu & many says 10 so which one is near to the truth,please send me the answers as soon as possible i have much to know.
AAPKA
mohit

yajvan
08 September 2010, 01:00 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté mohit sharma

pranam guruji i m new in this conversation & i dont have much knowledge, but i m keen to know how this universe occurred. who did this , when the first human arrived ,who was the first one ,from where the god came, which god occurred first,from when the yugas started,how do i calculate the nakshtra,in which form the god came,is their is any other life after this one,many purana says that their is 21 avtars of lord vishnu & many says 10 so which one is near to the truth,please send me the answers as soon as possible i have much to know. AAPKA mohit

First, if this post is addressed to me, yajvan, I am a simple śiṣya ( student) of this great knowledge. My only advantage has been great teachers and the time to study.
Other then that I claim no special knowledge and continue my studies.

If you wish to know how this universe unfolded there are many books that offer this. There are four parts (pāda - steps) to any great work and the audit trail on creation is one step.
You may wish to read the mahābhārata as it will outline this. So will many of the purāṇa-s outline this step of creation.

Regarding number of viṣṇu avatāra. Some say 10, others 22, and some say 26. They view the avatāra-s as primary, and some as subordinate.
For me, I hold the śrīmad bhāgavata mahāpurāṇa ( book 1, 3rd discourse) to be accurate . If you count the Supreme's incarnations they sum up to be 22 ( with the 22nd yet to arrive).

But how does one count 26 avatāra-s? Viṣṇu chose to be the 4 kumāra-s ( His first incarnation says śrīmad bhāgavata mahāpurāṇa )
and in his 4th incarnation He chose to be nara and nārāyaṇa. In total we have 22 + 4 =26.

praṇām

Tapasya
13 October 2010, 05:53 AM
Namaste Yajvanji,
Sir, I humbly refer to Sri K.V Venkataramana Aiyar’s paper entitled “Divine revelation of Krishna’s horoscope” for which the author received the title of honour at the All India Astrological Conference; the essence of which subsequently appeared as an article “Unique and wonderful Horoscope of Sri Krishna” in Star Teller (Sept 1991). The author informs us that he received the horoscope through divine revelation, after several years of fruitless search, on the eve of a particular Janmastami. I have summarised the chart below. As you can see it is a unique chart, which surpasses the description of extraordinary, where all planets appear in Uccha or Swakshetra positions and in their natural order in the solar system:
Vrishaba Lagna with Rahu and Chandra (both Uccha); Surya in Simha (Swakshetra/ Moolatrikona kendra); Budha in Kanya (Uccha); Shukra in Thula Trikona (moolatrikona); Kuja in Vrischika Kendra (swakshetra);Ketu in Vrischika (Uccha); Guru in Dhanu (Moolatrikona); Shani (in Makara Kendra).
The author states: “According to Hindu scriptures, Krishna was born at midnight, Ashtami Thithi, dark fortnight in the month of Padrapada in the constellation of Rohini at the fag-end of Dwapara Yuga. Srimad Bhagavatham in the 10th Skanda, 3rd Adaya, sloka 1 to 8 avers that when He was born, the whole nature, including all planets and stars were in a state of perfect shanty. The sage Vyasa had compressed in that passage a world of astronomical and astrological truth, suggesting by implication that all the planets were either in their own or exaltation house”.
To the author further states: “Sri Krishna was born 44778 days before Gatha Kali (3101 BC) which was one year after actual Kali (3102 BC). Deducting 354 days (duration of one Lunar year) from 44778 days the balance is 44424 days. Diving 44424 days by 354 the quotient is 125 with a balance of 174 days. Hence Krishna lived 125 Lunar years and 174 days which is perfect accord with Srimad Bhagavatam”.
One should perhaps also note here that the general positive attributes of Bhagavan Sri Krishna’s chart need to be amplified because the Janma takes place in the Dwapara Yuga (tail end) as opposed to the Kali Yuga – the positive effects are said to be at its weakest in the Kali Yuga. This also suggests that a chart of such divinity cannot be replicated in the Kali yuga.
I wholeheartedly support the view that a Kundalini that belongs to a divinity needs to be interpreted differently to that of an ordinary individual – for example, certain matters that pertain to mundane affairs come under its purview but, far more significantly, it must be open to deconstruction at an epistemological level. That is to say, Sri Krishna’s chart cannot be as a reflection of accumulated karma – it must be reflection of a state of supra-individuation. After all, how can the atma karaka, pitru karaka, Kalatra karaka and so forth affect One who is beyond karma? Where Bhagavan Sri Krishna’s life showed such an influence then one can surely infer that to be His divine lila at work.
Thus, Rahu in Lagna is in uccha stana, in the author’s words, “like the divine Adisesha spreading his hood over the head of Maha Vishnu”. Rahu’s position in Lagna and Kuja’s aspect (and Lagnadipathi Shukra’s position in the sixth house) may superficially reflect the Bhagavan’s birth in Kamsa’s (maternal uncle’s) prison. But the chart should then provide a clue as to why the Lord chose to be born in such circumstances. I refer here to my earlier remark with regards to supra-individuation and add that the fact that symbolic externalisation of Kundalini shakti may denote that the Atma cannot be bound and is eternally free.
Similarly, Kuja as 7th lord (and 12th lord) in 7th house is a maraka. One notes here that Bhagavata Purana informs us that the Lord ascended to Vaikuntha; following the wounding of His toe by a hunter’s arrow which thereby allowed Gandhari’s curse to be fulfilled. We also know the 7th house is the house of diplomacy and war. Thus the Ruchaka Yoga aspect of Chandra Lagna (Rohini Nakshatra symbolising the chariot) is pertinent in the context of Mahabharata Yuddha and subsequent events at a number of levels.
I eagerly await your valued comments on the above.
Pranam