PDA

View Full Version : A Sadhu...

yajvan
06 September 2007, 04:30 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

As I read the Gita again , some main themes continue to be impressed in my mind. That if this notion of a sadhu.

What are some , not all, of of those things ( inspired from thew 11th -12th chapters):

One who hates not or loves not anything in an exclusive manner
Compassionate, merciful towards all things; The wise say the highest virtue is sparing the life of another being ( man, animal, insect,etc)
One that does not shrink from anything and one who does not to conduct oneself in such a way as to be shrunk by others.
One that resonates with me - One does not regard oneself as a owner of anything. I have no propriety right over anything i.e. aniketah sthira-matir. That is to say even the house I live in is not mine - it so clear to see this. I am a trustee, a caretaker. Who then would not want to be a good steward of their property as you care for Brahman within the vastu of your fence?
Performing one’s duty with this dedicated spirit, not regarding anything as one’s property or belonging, thus severing oneself from attachments of every type, one lives an uplifting life, in spirit. So the question remains for the sadhu to look to Yogesvara's ( Krsna) instuction - 'Absorb yourself wholly in Me.' One looks to what we know as jnana, raja, bhakti and karma yoga. Which one is best for me, for my temperament, for my present state of being ?

Does one pursue Saguna Brahman or Niguna? One [ saguna or niguna ] is neither superior or inferior to the other, yet Krsna's answer to Arjuna is a delight to read. The 11th chapter outlines the answer to Arjuna and will leave this to your good reading.

pranams,

Ganeshprasad
07 September 2007, 04:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

As I read the Gita again , some main themes continue to be impressed in my mind. That if this notion of a sadhu.

What are some , not all, of of those things ( inspired from thew 11th -12th chapters):Does one pursue Saguna Brahman or Niguna? One [ saguna or niguna ] is neither superior or inferior to the other, yet Krsna's answer to Arjuna is a delight to read. The 11th chapter outlines the answer to Arjuna and will leave this to your good reading.

pranams,
Pranam Yajvan
Yes the lord answers all but do i understand all. Arjun having seen the universal form got even more bewildered what chance do I have?
akhyahi me ko bhavan ugra-rupo
namo 'stu te deva-vara prasida
vijnatum icchami bhavantam adyam
na hi prajanami tava pravrttim

Tell me who are You in such a fierce form? My salutations to You, O best of gods, be merciful! I wish to understand You, the primal Being, because I do not know Your mission. (11.31)

Yet, he says
The one who does all works for Me, and to whom I am the supreme goal, who is my devotee, who has no attachment, and is free from enmity towards any being attains Me, O Arjuna. (11.55)

Sagun Nirgun what do I know, what does it matter?
Sadhu is, just that, a sadhu

But those devotees who have faith and sincerely try to develop the above mentioned immortal virtues, and set Me as their supreme goal; are very dear to Me. (12.20)

Jai Shree Krishna