PDA

View Full Version : Hindus need to stop doing this:

Khadgar
13 September 2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zasuy9FBA&eurl

^^^Why is a devout, spiritual Hindu scholar sucking up to the likes of Naik? When Muslims start being more tolerant towards Eastern traditions, then maybe dialogue can start. Until then speeches like this hurt our position especially when the sentiments are not reciprocated. Naik is undoubtedly one of the most crooked public speakers I've ever seen.

Khadgar
14 September 2007, 11:23 AM
..... I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way..... Please everyone share your thoughts...

Agnideva
14 September 2007, 01:47 PM
Namaste Khadgar,

I didn't watch the full video, but the first thing I would question is: who is this man? It is known that there are many fake shankaracharyas out there ~ men who put on the garb of a shankarcharya, deceive people and claim to the rightful heirs to the shankaracharya posts. There are about 50 of them in existence according to the Shankaracharya of Puri. Some of these "imposter" Shankaracharyas are known to participate in these sorts of things. I don't know however whether the man in this video is a real or fake shankaracharya.

A.

satay
14 September 2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zasuy9FBA&eurl

^^^Why is a devout, spiritual Hindu scholar sucking up to the likes of Naik? When Muslims start being more tolerant towards Eastern traditions, then maybe dialogue can start. Until then speeches like this hurt our position especially when the sentiments are not reciprocated. Naik is undoubtedly one of the most crooked public speakers I've ever seen.

What the **** is this hidden mullah talking about in hindu clothes? Wearing the auspicious rudraksha...calling himself sankracrya what nonsense!

He says that he is prepared to get his head cut off because of islam! What the hell is this man talking about?

Agnideva
14 September 2007, 03:53 PM
Namaste Khadgar, Satay,

No true shankaracharya would go to an Islamic gathering and tell them to translate the Qu'ran and spread its teachings to Hindus. It is as I expected. The man in the video is a fake shankaracharya. He goes by the name Madhavanand Saraswati and is a self-proclaimed shankarachraya of Prayag. He is also one of the three claimants for the position of Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath. He is not accepted by any Hindu groups, political or religious, and in fact he is opposed by them. Therefore, he has been with other side for a long time ("enemy's enemy is my friend" approach).

Back in 1999, this man was the only "Hindu leader" to meet with the previous pope during his controversial visit (http://www.hinduismtoday.com/archives/2000/2/2000-2-11.shtml) to India. Here he is pictured with the Pope.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/1999/99nov08/inter.gif

Enough said.

OM Shanti,
A.

Khadgar
14 September 2007, 05:20 PM
Wow.... there must be a way to flush out fakers such as him. I'm just appalled.

Baobobtree
14 September 2007, 05:33 PM
I do not speak whatever language the self-proclaimed Shankaracharya was speaking, so I don't know exactly what he was saying, would someone mind providing me with a translation?

vcindiana
14 September 2007, 05:42 PM
What the **** is this hidden mullah talking about in hindu clothes? Wearing the auspicious rudraksha...calling himself sankracrya what nonsense!

He says that he is prepared to get his head cut off because of islam! What the hell is this man talking about?

Dear Satay: Please hold your emotions, no need to use four letter profanity word, no need to talk about material things like clothes or some necklace and no need to bring this forum down. When we sit on the solid Advaita rock which is none other than the foundation for freedom and Love there is nothing that can shake that.
PS; Did you get to read my posting on Adoption?

Thank you

Khadgar
14 September 2007, 09:02 PM
Dear Satay: Please hold your emotions, no need to use four letter profanity word, no need to talk about material things like clothes or some necklace and no need to bring this forum down. When we sit on the solid Advaita rock which is none other than the foundation for freedom and Love there is nothing that can shake that.

Thank you

Greetings vcindiana;

Nothing can shake Vedic Philosophy and Eastern spirituality, true; but we're not talking about shaking... we're talking about our Eastern traditions being systematically demeaned by Abrahamism, and more specifically people like the faker in that video who are ready and willing to suck up to Abrahamics without knowing who he/she is appeasing. The man is seemingly defending Naik... Naik-- a pseudo-intellectual who believes non-Muslims [Kafirs] are essentially so low that we can't calculate 2+2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TQYu2kv_o&mode=related&search=

Agnideva
14 September 2007, 09:37 PM
Namaste BBT,

I do not speak whatever language the self-proclaimed Shankaracharya was speaking, so I don't know exactly what he was saying, would someone mind providing me with a translation?
The self-proclaimed shankaracharya is speaking in Hindi in the video. Here’s a paraphrased version of his most important points he makes:

1. He has started a movement to teach that Islam is humanity’s greatest teaching religion

2. Islam is not a religion spread by the sword ~ this is a false notion created by some people

3. The essence of the Veda has been extracted by prophet Muhammed in the Qur'an, and so the Qur'an is the greatest book in existence

4. If the entire world were to become Muslim, that wouldn’t be a bad thing because Islam is a religion taught by God, and not a man-made religion

5. Some people criticize Muslims and Islam ~ these people are children of satan, and not of God.

6. Some organizations are creating divisions between Hindus and Muslims, so an ordinary Hindu person does not understand the difference between Islam and Sanatana Dharma.

7. Sanatana Dharma is NOT different from Islam, and “Hindu Dharma” is not a dharma at all.

8. What is called Sanatana is Sanskrit is merely called Islam in another language.

9. God is One, the sages tell us, and our prophet Muhammed said it too (repeated it).

10. If we make this book (Qur'an) available to all people that will be a noble act.

11. (Addressing Muslims): Make this book (Qur'an) available to all people, to all your neighbors in their language. If the Qur'an reaches everyone in the world, there will certainly be peace everywhere.

12. This Shankaracharya will do anything for you, even lose his head in the defense of Islam.

13. What is written in the Veda is written in the Qur'an.

14. As long as I have life left in my body, I will continue to come to such (Islamic) meetings in the defense of Islam.

A.

Khadgar
14 September 2007, 10:11 PM
Namaste BBT,

The self-proclaimed shankaracharya is speaking in Hindi in the video. Here’s a paraphrased version of his most important points he makes:

1. He has started a movement to teach that Islam is humanity’s greatest teaching religion

2. Islam is not a religion spread by the sword ~ this is a false notion created by some people

3. The essence of the Veda has been extracted by prophet Muhammed in the Qur'an, and so the Qur'an is the greatest book in existence

4. If the entire world were to become Muslim, that wouldn’t be a bad thing because Islam is a religion taught by God, and not a man-made religion

5. Some people criticize Muslims and Islam ~ these people are children of satan, and not of God.

6. Some organizations are creating divisions between Hindus and Muslims, so an ordinary Hindu person does not understand the difference between Islam and Sanatana Dharma.

7. Sanatana Dharma is NOT different from Islam, and “Hindu Dharma” is not a dharma at all.

8. What is called Sanatana is Sanskrit is merely called Islam in another language.

9. God is One, the sages tell us, and our prophet Muhammed said it too (repeated it).

10. If we make this book (Qur'an) available to all people that will be a noble act.

11. (Addressing Muslims): Make this book (Qur'an) available to all people, to all your neighbors in their language. If the Qur'an reaches everyone in the world, there will certainly be peace everywhere.

12. This Shankaracharya will do anything for you, even lose his head in the defense of Islam.

13. What is written in the Veda is written in the Qur'an.

14. As long as I have life left in my body, I will continue to come to such (Islamic) meetings in the defense of Islam.

A.

I'm speechless and disgusted.....

satay
14 September 2007, 11:24 PM
namaskar vcindiana,

Thank you

I see that in your confused state of mind you have misunderstood yet another of my post.

I am not bringing the forum down...it is the idiots who wear clothes of sadhus and wear the most sacred beads of the Lord and speak nonsense about the vedas and dharma that are bringing themselves down.

My only objection was to his wearing the sacred color and the sacred beads of the lord while speaking nonsense, importance of the sacred color and the sacred beads of the lord I don't expect a non-hindu to be able to comprehend especially if that non-hindu chooses to stay 'confused'.

Re adoption post...hmm...no...I must have missed it...I will read it now...

thanks,

ps: by the way, I meant to ask you...does 'your god' have emotions?

atanu
15 September 2007, 03:26 AM
Who is durotan? What does Durotan mean?

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 03:27 AM
namaskar vcindiana,

I see that in your confused state of mind you have misunderstood yet another of my post.

I am not bringing the forum down...it is the idiots who wear clothes of sadhus and wear the most sacred beads of the Lord and speak nonsense about the vedas and dharma that are bringing themselves down.

My only objection was to his wearing the sacred color and the sacred beads of the lord while speaking nonsense, importance of the sacred color and the sacred beads of the lord I don't expect a non-hindu to be able to comprehend especially if that non-hindu chooses to stay 'confused'.

thanks,

I would use the word 'non-Karmic' or 'non-Eastern', because certainly Buddhist, Jains, Sikhis, Tao, etc. understand our plight and we understand theirs. Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Hindus, and the myriad of Eastern traditions are often attacked by Abrahamics in precisely such a manner as that fake sadhu in the video.

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 03:29 AM

What?

atanu
15 September 2007, 07:56 AM
What?

Yes, dear friend, I am asking what does the name mean?

Om

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 10:00 AM
Yes, dear friend, I am asking what does the name mean?

Om

What does it have to do with the topic at hand? :confused:

satay
15 September 2007, 11:15 AM
namaskar,

hmm...I don't know.

atanu
15 September 2007, 12:01 PM
What does it have to do with the topic at hand? :confused:

It has to do nothing. Just wanted to know the meaning of this name you use in other forums. Just curiosity.

Om

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 12:26 PM
It has to do nothing. Just wanted to know the meaning of this name you use in other forums. Just curiosity.

Om

Ah, well PM me and I'll tell you. :)

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 04:05 PM

Om

I suppose I should explain myself:
Durotan is the name I used on that other forum. Initially I had those questions... so I had been browsing, asking random forums to help me out. That forum was one of the forums where I posed the question before finally finding this forum. THIS forum, the hindu dharma forums are the only ones where I got my answer as thoroughly as possible. And so I've learned much from this place, and I'm here to stay. I really haven't been back on the other forums since.

The word Durotan has nothing to do with spirituality or tradition. At least not that I know of, I could be wrong. Apparently Khadgar has semi spiritual connotations I wasn't aware of...

Agnideva
15 September 2007, 05:39 PM
The word Durotan has nothing to do with spirituality or tradition. At least not that I know of, I could be wrong. Apparently Khadgar has semi spiritual connotations I wasn't aware of...

Hehe. Khadgar and Durotan are characters from Warcraft, yes? I learned this from Wikipedia today :).

When I first saw your name I first thought Khadgar had something to do with khadga = kirpan = sword representing the intellectual e-warrior that you are ;).

A.

atanu
15 September 2007, 09:32 PM
I suppose I should explain myself:
---Initially I had those questions... so I had been browsing, asking random forums to help me out. ----

Namaste,

And that's what I meant when I mentioned in "oppressive verses", that the post appeared old to me -- as if I had seen similar posts earlier, about arguing with a muslim, in different forums.

Regards

Om Namah Shivaya

Khadgar
15 September 2007, 11:40 PM
Hehe. Khadgar and Durotan are characters from Warcraft, yes? I learned this from Wikipedia today :).

When I first saw your name I first thought Khadgar had something to do with khadga = kirpan = sword representing the intellectual e-warrior that you are ;).

A.

haha :)

Khadgar
16 September 2007, 01:56 AM
Namaste,

And that's what I meant when I mentioned in "oppressive verses", that the post appeared old to me -- as if I had seen similar posts earlier, about arguing with a muslim, in different forums.

Regards

Om Namah Shivaya

True true, but it turns out he was a fundamentalist Christian not Muslim as I had originally mistaken him for.

vcindiana
17 September 2007, 07:01 PM
namaskar vcindiana,

I am not bringing the forum down...it is the idiots ........who wear able to comprehend especially if that non-hindu chooses to stay 'confused'.

thanks,

Dear Satay: I am not sure whether I can answer you here. That may amount to "trolling".
For your info VC means very confused! Thank you for reminding my mental status. I love you. Absolutely No sarcasm.
You did use 4 letter word, you did not actually spell it but your mind had that word. It is OK, it is natural , I still Love you.

Eastern Mind
17 September 2007, 08:18 PM
I think this thread has gone off topic. Oh.. what was the topic? "Hindus need to stop doing this."