PDA

View Full Version : (Doubts ...Newbie) Nadi Jyothisam

shanthanu_sarma
14 September 2007, 01:56 AM
I heard there are 108 types of nadis. Is this equivalent to 27 nakshatras X 4 padas per nakshatra?

Does nakshatras anyway relate to blood groups?

Hope this is not a Cross-Forum Question.

Pranams,
Shantanu.

yajvan
14 September 2007, 10:04 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

I heard there are 108 types of nadis. Is this equivalent to 27 nakshatras X 4 padas per nakshatra?
Does nakshatras anyway relate to blood groups?
Hope this is not a Cross-Forum Question.
Pranams,
Shantanu.

Namaste Shantanu,
The Jyotish Nadi system is ancient. I am still learning and understanding this wisdom. With His blessings I will visit Chennai and be able to go to a Nadi Jyotishi.

Now that said, your math is correct: 4 Pada X 27 nakshatra = 108. Yet why this division ? When we look to ones chart and finer levels the D9 (the 9th divisional chart) is of great import from a spiritual perspective... this is the orientation of the great Jyotishi's, the concern of ones spiritual progress. This chart or varga chart is called the navamasa. Why Are we pursing this? To get at the origion of the 108.

This D9 chart is also called the Dharma-amsa or the Dharama divisional chart. Because it is a 1/9th chart, each rasi (sign) is divided into 9 segments or padas. It is this 9 segments X 12 signs = 108 you mention.

The importance of this, the 108 is used regularly in conversations and in Jyotish discussion, yet it is not the final divisional look at ones chart. We can change the resolution or 'optics' if you will and look to finer divisions giving us more information.
Examples:

The Navamsa or Dharmamsa chart is 1/9th division : 9 X 12 = 108 divisions
The Dwadasamsa chart is 1/12th division: 12 X 12 = 144 divisions
The Shastyamsa or 1/60th division: 12 x 60 = 720 division ( this is the last division that Parashara muni speaks of as he calls out 20 varga charts in is works)
The Astottaramsa or 108 division: 108 X 12 = 1296 divisionsAs you can see the 'slices' of ones chart gets finer and finer - and higer levels of creation, consciousness ( dream state, spiritual states, past life ) are revealed. So, the nadi Jyotish system has much to view when they come to understand you from your thumb print to start and your janma nakshatra and some, look to the lines in your forehead ...that is they like to see you to see the trail of karma on your person.

Last - Kathopanishad speaks of 101 primary nadi's that enter the heart region. These are other nadi's that also can be in discussion. We typically gravitate to the sushumna when talking of these. I mention this to insure one does not forget the physical counterpart of Jyotish that is also in our bodies. The wise say as above so below. The things we find celestially are also found within us.

This Bha Chakra is the source for all things on this earth and meters out these experiences to all things on this earth. So says the Satapatha brahmana, or the Brahmana of 100 paths:
katama ädityä iti. dvädaça mäsäù
Saàvatsarasyaita ädityä ete hédaà
sarvamädadänä yanti tadyadidaà
sarvamädadänä yanti tasmädädityä iti.
Translation: We speak of the aditya.
The twelve masa (months) that make a savatsara (year) are aditya.
They are the source of every material creation causing desire, delight,
passion, intoxication, exhilaration and stupor as well as the desire that causes wars and fighting. They are the source of everything that is ever received for they alone are the givers of everything and hence they are the aditya.

pranams,