PDA

View Full Version : I love you

kamarupa-love
20 September 2007, 04:51 PM
namaste, omm
I have been reading threads here off and on for a while. I must admit it is worth wading through the mass communication to find the jewels hidding therin. I am not exactly new to hindu dahrma but I have been disorganized with it untill recently. however something shiva rudra happend that made my world light up.I came to BELIVE in KASHI OM. It makes me cry to even think right now. I am not well versed in scripture but i think all we want is one anyway. sometimes the more purunas i look at the more dis-heartened i become with all the cursing and in fighting between the gods. It sincerly makes my head hurt and I hyperventilate when all of my conceptions are so completely smashed to the ground by the apperant pettiness involved. Vishvamitra and Vashistha and some other of the awesome saints i am genuinely not speaking of here. nore unto Shiva the lord do i speak. Just it challenges me to always read between the lines if i am to come away from the some the the holy books with my prayers unshaken. ok i miss my tears for Varanasi now i cant write anymore about this it is making my head hurt.
that is my opnion I love the scriptures but they are tedious and i just need to pray and I can feel god . I belive in you and I love you i love everything.

Om Rudra Om Chandi Om Shankara the god
God bless you by the prayers of shiva amen

Znanna
20 September 2007, 07:41 PM
In Gaelic, "I love you" translates as "I'm other You".

I Love You :)

ZN

atanu
21 September 2007, 02:23 AM
namaste, omm
----I belive in you and I love you i love everything.

Om Rudra Om Chandi Om Shankara the god
God bless you by the prayers of shiva amen

Heartfelt and thus so touching; bringing a lump in the throat.

Pranam

vcindiana
21 September 2007, 05:28 PM
Heartfelt and thus so touching; bringing a lump in the throat.

Pranam
There is nothing like LOVE. It is not law, not power, not an authority, not concept, not an idealogy, not commandments, not rules, not rituals, not philosophy, not intellectual stuff and not judgement. It is all about heart felt feeling for our fellow human beings. God means an awesome experience of Love.

Nuno Matos
22 September 2007, 03:22 PM
Namaste VCindiana

I do agree with. Indeed Love is God fire that burns without be seen.

Love!

Om namah shivaya!

sm78
24 September 2007, 08:04 AM
sometimes the more purunas i look at the more dis-heartened i become with all the cursing and in fighting between the gods. It sincerly makes my head hurt and I hyperventilate when all of my conceptions are so completely smashed to the ground by the apperant pettiness involved. Vishvamitra and Vashistha and some other of the awesome saints i am genuinely not speaking of here.

Occasionally Gods do need to fight among themselves when the order of the cosmos is at stake ~ they do so not to prove their pettiness but to save the lesser beings from annihilation. Like when Nrisimha is stopped by Sarabha, after he continues his dance of destruction, slaying the demon king Hiranyakasipu.

Most of the time I found Gods united to slay the demons ~ who strangely are born from the Gods themselves.

Why is process of destruction is too much of a burden to one's thought ~ when one is continuously being involved in it through each breath of air we take??

As far as love, I believe people really mean compassion which is not personal. And compassion is better when practiced than being spoken.

sm78
24 September 2007, 08:10 AM
There is nothing like LOVE. It is not law, not power, not an authority, not concept, not an idealogy, not commandments, not rules, not rituals, not philosophy, not intellectual stuff and not judgement. It is all about heart felt feeling for our fellow human beings. God means an awesome experience of Love.

And yet the pertaining question is what is this love you speak of ??
If it is none of the above, how does it gets demonstrated ??

Love beyond a typed word in a forum is in reality gets manifested as action of service, rituals, laws, philosophy and many other things.

True hatred often gets manifested by similar means ...

So if your true love is either unmanifest (which means we cannot talk about it like we do :D) OR it is one of the above things ... which can be something else as well.

saidevo
24 September 2007, 09:50 AM
Namaste.

sm78 has given a good explanation of why gods fight and seem emote in the Hindu puranas. It is the same case with the mythologies in other religions, ancient and modern.

It is like light chasing darkness and darkness chasing back light in the cycle of day and night in manifestation. Light is a visible, manifest power of God. What about darkness, is it a force by itself, or just absence of light? I think that there is only light manifest in its various shades, with a tendency to levitate towards the ultimate pure whiteness or colorlessness of light that is God. And this causes all the commotion and fight in manifestation, among all beings, not for survival in the present form, but for the ultimate regeneration caused by Shiva.

Perhaps I can say love is the purest white light that is at the bottom like the movie screen, though shades of colors are in commotion over it, hiding it. The purest form of love among humans is that of a mother towards her child, which is the nearest to God. Next perhaps is the guru's love for his disciple. As sm78 said, love needs to manifest as compassion, service and altruism to make its presence felt.

I think the greatest love a human can have is the love for God, his Creator. To the extent this love is cultivated and practiced, it will automatically be substratum to and subsist all other shades of love.

vcindiana
24 September 2007, 09:09 PM
I can only speak for myself; I see Love or God as an awesome experience. More I open my eyes and more conscious I become, I see acts of love almost every day. But as an ordinary human being it is difficult for me to keep my conscious open all the time.

Let me tell you yesterday how the act of love poured out in our community. One of our police officers has been well known for his service; he was a DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) officer for nearly 25 years and has made difference in the lives of many students here. It so happened that he was diagnosed to have lung cancer 5 years ago and his doctor then said that he would not live more than 6 months. Courageously he went through the grueling treatments with surgery radiation and chemotherapy. Excellent medical care, his strong outlook and faith made him live for 5 years cancer free. Recent medical checkup revealed two spots in his lung suggesting recurrence of the cancer. Now he is again determined to fight it despite the prognosis being poor.
At our community gathering he was asked to be interviewed by one of our leaders. He was asked what one thing really mattered in his life. He was a total melt down; he said all he cared was his wife, his children and his caring people around him. His title, position, his honor medals, certificates etc meant nothing to him. It made him so good every time people came to him, greet him, smiled at him, touched him, asked him how he was doing and some even hugged him. Expression of love meant lot to him and he could clearly see God. Last Friday was home coming foot ball game and in spite of being sick this man was out there not as a VIP but standing there at the students’ entrance, greeting and encouraging each one of them. At the gathering the leader asked the people who were somehow influenced by this man to stand and I was surprised to see well over 80% of them stood up and applauded. My heart was heavy, felt a lump in my throat and I could not hold my tears, it was indeed an electrifying experience of love for most of us. I love that old AT and T ad “Reach out and touch someone”

Thank you for reading; I am sure each one of you has many loving stories. Love always prevails.

Eastern Mind
25 September 2007, 08:58 PM
vcindiana: a touching story.. thanks for sharing.. Love is such an interesting topic. So many levels, and so natural. I love in nature, especially primates, when the mothers nurture their little ones. Too bad we couldn't take that, and expand it in our troubled ego bound intellects to a whole being of feeling.. constantly. A challenge indeed. Aum Namashivaya

atanu
26 September 2007, 01:20 AM
Namaste All,

Ramana Maharshi has said that Love is the true form of God. Wherever, we see love, it is a flow of highest emotion flowing from God -- the pure consciousness.

However, there are six kinds of distortions of this love, which ensues from ignorance of ego, such as lust, anger, jealousy, possesiveness, hatred, guilt. For example, tender care for one's child may turn into dislike of the child of a neighbour. Or love of Vishnu may be balanced by a hatred of Ravana. Vivekananda said that true love is like a three cornered triangle. It is fearless, it is not a beggar, and it does not want anything in return.

It is great to understand what true love is. It is the highest form of God. It is also great to understand that all love is for the love of Self only. Here I will remind VC of his statement on 'adopting a child for one's happiness' and further say that all that we do and all love that we distribute, we do for the happiness of the self alone. And what is this self?

To feel satisfied that one has done a punya, by feeding poor people or by helping someone, is satisfaction of the self -- which may degenerate into ego satisfaction, under the reign of ignorance.

Om

sm78
26 September 2007, 03:20 AM
Yes love is a true form of God (i'll not use the, for there are other manifestations of God ~ peace, fearlessness, courage, containment etc are no lesser qualities of God, jai hanuman!!) ... however, just like self is distorted to ego, human love is distorted to possession and passion. knowledge and purification should not be a thorn in experiencing love or God, but an essential aid.

Apart from this point, everything vcindiana says are very much true.

Madhavan
26 September 2007, 04:02 AM
Love is Ananda, Ananda is God itself. So there is nothing wrong in saying Love is the true form of God. It is this quest for Ananda that drives us to seek it in everything. The ultimate love is found at the source of love itself, which is Ananda. Ananda is absolute definition of Godhead while definitions such as courage are relative.

vcindiana
26 September 2007, 07:11 PM
Namaste All,

Vivekananda said that true love is like a three cornered triangle. It is fearless, it is not a beggar, and it does not want anything in return.

It is great to understand what true love is. It is the highest form of God. It is also great to understand that all love is for the love of Self only. Here I will remind VC of his statement on 'adopting a child for one's happiness' and further say that all that we do and all love that we distribute, we do for the happiness of the self alone. And what is this self?....

Om

Thank you for your explanation. As I understood from you, the person who dispenses the Love is the actual beneficiary of the Joy; this may sound selfish.... but does make sense. You explained beautifully. May I use the word 'joy' instead of mere happiness? Thanks again....

atanu
27 September 2007, 12:51 AM
Thank you for your explanation. As I understood from you, the person who dispenses the Love is the actual beneficiary of the Joy; this may sound selfish.... but does make sense. You explained beautifully. May I use the word 'joy' instead of mere happiness? Thanks again....

Namaste VC,

Paradoxically, it is science, which has shown that those who offer prayers for others are more benefitted by the prayers.

Om

saidevo
24 July 2008, 08:02 AM
A Love Story of All Time!

An incredible love story has come out of China recently and managed to touch the world. It is a story of a man and an older woman who ran off to live and love each other in peace for over half a century.

For details with photographs, check http://sherliez.com/2008/07/08/a-love-story-of-all-time/

vcindiana would be happy to read it, I am sure. I was touched too and could empathize though I wonder about the spiritual dimensions of such love.

yajvan
24 July 2008, 08:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Ramana Maharshi has said that Love is the true form of God. Wherever, we see love, it is a flow of highest emotion flowing from God -- the pure consciousness.

However, there are six kinds of distortions of this love, which ensues from ignorance of ego, such as lust, anger, jealousy, possessiveness, hatred, guilt. For example, tender care for one's child may turn into dislike of the child of a neighbour. Or love of Vishnu may be balanced by a hatred of Ravana. Vivekananda said that true love is like a three cornered triangle. It is fearless, it is not a beggar, and it does not want anything in return.

Namaste

I have seen 'transactional love' - that of the shop keeper who loves his customers as long as they continue to come in and purchase his goods. Who benefits? The shop keeper is happy as he/she collects funds for some other application. Is this love? Perhaps. Is it lasting , is it uncompromising?

The love I find that resonates true for me is the following. For me, the highest level of appreciation, admiration & delight is love. This is why I can see it to be the Lord, anuttara, the Supreme. It is in its highest level, without conditions, where these qualities are in full bloom. What does one person see in the other that brings about this appreciation, this delight? The wise say they see a glimmer of the SELF.

Also - saidevo has done a past post I found most excellent on the matter. Perhaps he can reference it again for those that are interested.

pranams,

saidevo
28 July 2008, 11:20 AM
Instead of "I love you," say "I am love"
Mata Amritanandamayi (Amma)

"The common expression is 'I love you.' But instead of 'I love you,' it would be better to say, 'I am love — I am the embodiment of pure love.' Remove the I and you, and you will find that there is only love. It is as if love is imprisoned between the I and you. Remove the I and you, for they are unreal; they are self-imposed walls that don't exist. The gulf between I and you is the ego. When the ego is removed the distance disappears and the I and you also disappear. They merge to become one — and that is love. You lend the I and you their reality. Withdraw your support and they will disappear. Then you will realise, not that 'I love you,' but that 'I am that all-embracing love.'"

For Amma's other quotes on Love, check:
http://www.biographyonline.net/quotes/amma.html