PDA

View Full Version : Tid Bits Of Symbols For Your Posts

yajvan
25 September 2007, 05:31 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

Lets say that you are typing a post and you want to add a font symbol e.g. Micosoft Windows™ . How does one get the TM or trademark symbol.

Here is a few that you may find useful. As I like to use the degree symbol , 120º , I thought you too may have a symbol that comes up often for your use e.g. Infinity or ∞ .

This works for a Windows Operating System™. I don't not have the codes for Apple O/S ©.

So, one holds down the ALT key and then enters the code number ( assume this is the ASCII code symbol for those programming enthusiasts out there). Note, you must keep the ALT key depressed until you finish typing in the code number, then release.

Symbol__Code Number [ note that 0 is zero and NOT the letter O ]
™ ..... 0153
¢ ...... 0162
© ..... 0169
® ..... 0174
º ...... 0186 [ this is the degree sign e.g. 120º ]
± ...... 0177
¹ ....... 0185
² ...... 0178 [ this is for E=MC² or to the 2nd power/squared ]
³ ...... 0179
∞ ..... 236 [ note there is no leading zero on this code ]
Ω ..... 234 [Omega or last letter in the Greek alphabet ]
÷ ..... 246
√ ..... 251 [ some use as square root, some as a check mark ]

I think this will get ya started if you wish to use them... more if there is interest. Or one can Google® on ASCII Code for more. I have been using these basic ones for some time now.

hopes this helps....

pranams³,

Agnideva
26 September 2007, 05:56 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

If you're using a PC, then you can go to Start --> All programs --> Accessories --> System tools --> Character map. You can get almost any conceivable character there, then copy and paste it. Also, when you click on a character, it will also tell you what the keystroke shortcut (alt + number) is! This is the easy, "cheater's" way of doing it ;).

Regards,
A.