PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Ramana maharishi and Ramakrishna paramahamsa get moksha?

orlando
01 May 2006, 09:12 AM
Namaste all.
By http://www.srivaishnavam.com/index.html
34.Persons like Ramana maharishi, Ramakrishna paramahamsa,and Thiagaraja had the vision of Lord although their sampradayam and preachings are entirely different. How can we say that they did not get salvation at the end of their life, just because they don’t fit into our understanding of the tatvas?
Even an atheist sees the Lord Shreeman Narayana in His Archa Roopam. Seeing His Archa Roopam is same as seeing His para roopam. Does the atheist get moksham? He will not get moksham just because he saw God. He must have an understanding of the tatva-hita-purushaarthas as told in the Veda. At least, he must have understood that only Shreeman Narayana is the unparalleled and unsurpassed supreme self. He must then adopt the sadyopaya (bhatki or prapathi) as per the guidance of a Shree Vaishnava Aachaarya. Only then, he can get moksha. The list of names that you have given in your question is dominated by Advaitins. The Advaitins are prachana-bowdhdas. Please do not think that I am avoiding by not mentioning their names again. The tatva-hita-purusharthas can be known only from the Veda. As the Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam is the only philosophy and practice, which is parama-vaidikam, he who does either bhakti or prapatti alone gets moksham. Others do not get moksham until they completely renounce their philosophy and practice and embrace Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam to adopt the sadyopaya.

What do you think about the answer?

Regards,
Orlando.

Singhi Kaya
01 May 2006, 09:33 AM
Philosophy is a mental conception. No one is free by what he thinks in his/her mind. It's by action and knowledge and bhakti that one crosses the barrier of mind and discover truth. Prior to that you may want to believe whatever you want to believe~how does it matter? Even if dvaita is ultimate reality~I'll ultimately discover that fact and move ahead. On contrary if you make the nature of higest realty to be a case of egosistical abrahamic contention~you are deluding yourself. Philosphically I haven't seen you being able to refute any of Mr Atanu's points. In that case it's better to accept it and contemplate your own stand. If it makes sense to you fine. When you are ready to fight again, come back. But just claiming stuff is not the way. Don't dvatin's also not believe that our EGO prevents us to reach God~why then keep holding at it?

I'm have little knowledge of dvaita or vdvaita philosphies, but I'm sure it is not supposed to be christianity.

Also you have 2 threads for the same thing ....

orlando
01 May 2006, 09:45 AM
I am really afraid that you didn't understand my questions.
I did't say that I consider correct the question number 34.I just wanted know what the opinion of others.
And then about ego...you,like Satay,think that it is because of ego that we vaishnavas debate with advaitins.You are absolutely wrong.
You wrote Also you have 2 threads for the same thing ....

You wrote Philosphically I haven't seen you being able to refute any of Mr Atanu's points. In that case it's better to accept it and contemplate your own stand. If it makes sense to you fine.

I believe that decide when I should stand isn't in your jurisdiction.

Regards,
Orlando.

What threads are you talking about?

satay
01 May 2006, 10:07 AM
And then about ego...you,like Satay,think that it is because of ego that we vaishnavas debate with advaitins.You are absolutely wrong.

namaste orlando,
I certainly do not think that debate is 'wrong'. What I object to is the 'shoving it down' and 'saving souls' business. This business is not ours. This business of saving others belongs in adharmic religions.

Show me instructions from bhagwan where he asks us to 'save other peoples souls' and 'preach'.

satay
01 May 2006, 10:15 AM
Others do not get moksham until they completely renounce their philosophy and practice and embrace Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam to adopt the sadyopaya. [/B]

Regards,
Orlando.

How is this different than a chirstian saying, "You will not get to be with GOD unless you kick your idol of vishu and burn your devilish books of veda and accpet jesus as the only son of god and embrace christianity."

Just trying to see what the difference is between the two...I do not see any difference...does anyone?

orlando
01 May 2006, 10:16 AM
I answered you in superiority complex topic.Please read my reply.

satay
01 May 2006, 11:09 AM
I answered you in superiority complex topic.Please read my reply.

Could you please answer my post#5 here. Thanks.

orlando
01 May 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't see any difference.

atanu
08 May 2006, 12:04 AM
Namaste all.
By http://www.srivaishnavam.com/index.html
34.Persons like Ramana maharishi, Ramakrishna paramahamsa,and Thiagaraja had the vision of Lord although their sampradayam and preachings are entirely different. How can we say that they did not get salvation at the end of their life, just because they don’t fit into our understanding of the tatvas?
----
Others do not get moksham until they completely renounce their philosophy and practice and embrace Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam to adopt the sadyopaya.

Regards,
Orlando.

Namaskar Orlando,

A similar question was put to Ramana wrt to moksha status of another sage.

Ramana answered: Be concerned about your moksha, God will take care of others.

Om Namah Shivayya