PDA

View Full Version : You better smile

satay
01 October 2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6576

At the Airport, You Better Smile
'Behavior Detection Officers' are now watching passengers' facial expressions for signs of danger

by Patti Davis

Global Research (http://www.globalresearch.ca/), August 18, 2007
Newsweek, Web Edition

It's a new level of absurdity for America.
It was bound to happen. Now even a frown or grimace can get you into trouble with The Man.

"Specially trained security personnel" will be watching passengers for "micro-expressions" that will reveal treacherous agendas and insidious intentions at airports around the country. These agents, who may literally hold your fate in their hands have been given a lofty, Orwellian name: "Behavior Detection Officers."

yajvan
01 October 2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6576

At the Airport, You Better Smile

Here is the model expression to practice with, to insure you will not be stopped.

atanu
12 June 2009, 03:19 AM
Yes. We all better smile, as samsara will catch us, no matter what.

A woodcutter one morning went out to cut some firewood when he noticed that his favourite axe was missing. He searched around his place but could not find it. He then noticed his neighbour's son standing near the woodshed. The woodcutter's mind began to race. He thought, "Aha, this should be the person who must have stolen the axe. He seems to be lurking about the shed with guile, greedy hands stuffed in his pockets and most of all with guilt that covers his face. Though I may not be able to prove him the robber, he must be the one who stole it."

A few days later, the woodcutter came upon the axe under a pile of firewood. He was happy to discover the missing axe. "Now I remember, Its just where I left it" The next time when he happened to see his neighbour's son, he scrutinized the boy. "How strange", he reflected "Somehow the guilt that covered the boy's face is lost..." (from internet)

And that after knowing that samsara is of the following nature itself:

A lay man sits in front of his house with his little son on his lap as he feeds on a fish from the pond behind his house. A dog eats the bones of the fish and the man kicks dog. Though it is an ordinary scene, Master Shariputra had something different to say.

"He eats his father's flesh and kicks his mother away,

The enemy he killed he dandles on his lap,

The wife is gnawing at her husband's bones,

Samsara can be such a farce." (from internet)

Namah

atanu
12 June 2009, 04:22 AM
Samsara in reactive mode

I stay in a sort of upscale area in NCR (National Capital Region of New Delhi, India), in a high rise building, surrounded by many such high rise buildings.

The building was being maintained by the builders themselves, very nicely. In India, nowadays, Government is not responsible for anything. More than 50% of water and electricity requirements are met privately by the builders at premium cost. But the service was nice.

Until, about 4 months back, at the height of economic low, when once, on return from office, I found only one lift out two lifts, working. A tall sikh gentleman came and said "I know. I have seen the world. They are doing this to save money and cheat on us. I know. I am a doctor and I have met all sorts of people. The world has become full of cheaters". He was furious.

Then he became president of the welfare society that was supposed to look after residents' welfare. He launched a movement to oust the service provider contractor and successfully carried it forward through hot summer months, with temperature soaring to 45 degrees celsius. The only problem is that the movement has not ended yet and the contractor does not run the generator any more.

People suggest "You should buy an invertor". But without electricity, what will charge the batteries, I wonder?

Namah