PDA

View Full Version : Vanakkam

rajakohila
06 October 2007, 04:42 AM
Vanakkam,

Firstly i would like to thankthe Moola kadavul Ganapathy for the opportunity for being able to come by this site in my quest for religious knowledge....

I am Raja Kohila Siva Ganesa Moorthy, 26, from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am final year medical student in AIMST University, Malaysia.

I came about this site coincidentally...and my curiousity paid when i found this site to be able to satisfy my thirst for knowledge about our religion Hinduism....

I must say reading a few articles from this site made me think, whether i am a good hindu or am i a good follower of hinduism....

But truthfully, i've been practicing this very religion as it was taught to me by my father as it was taught to him by his father....

Seeing your discussions here, even if i haven't begin participating in them yet, i see my self knowing very little of my own religion....

I take this opportunity to introduce my self and seek friends who are willing to help me and the rest of the world about our religion Hinduism...

That's for now....

will post more from now...

Raja Kohila Siva Ganesa Moorthy

p/s: previously i used to read about hinduism from this site, www.hinduism.co.za (http://www.hinduism.co.za) as my thirst increase...i find it unable to satisfy me...hope u guyz would help me...

Agnideva
06 October 2007, 06:53 AM
Vanakkam Raja,

Welcome to HDF. Nice to have you here :).

Aum Namah Shivaya,
A.

yajvan
06 October 2007, 07:45 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Vanakkam,

Thank you for considering HDF as a place to read an perhaps pick up on an idea or two.

This post and its audit trail behind it may be of some use...that is, what are some of the valued ways to post info that people find interest ? This post may be of some assistence to you.
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11199&postcount=12

Also - you will find many posts here. You will find the gold in the rocks as you sift through the offers and peoples ideas and concepts.

All of us are looking forward to reading your posts and replys...

Welcome, from all of us to HDF.

pranams,

Eastern Mind
06 October 2007, 01:12 PM
Vanakkam Rajakohila: I am looking forward to coming to Malaysia for 3 months at a time in about 3-4 years once I get things settled. I'm getting sick of cold Canadian winters. Have you heard of Himalayan Academy? I know they have are many followers in Malaysia, and its Tamil Saivism. So perhaps that's another place you can seek out for your thirst for knowledge. Just a thought. Aum Namashivaya

rajakohila
07 October 2007, 12:28 PM
Vanakkam Rajakohila: I am looking forward to coming to Malaysia for 3 months at a time in about 3-4 years once I get things settled. I'm getting sick of cold Canadian winters. Have you heard of Himalayan Academy? I know they have are many followers in Malaysia, and its Tamil Saivism. So perhaps that's another place you can seek out for your thirst for knowledge. Just a thought. Aum Namashivaya

Sorry Em, i have not heard about Himalayan Academy yet, but since u said that it has a large following, i'm looking forward to gey more info about them from people around my place here....may be i'll learn something from them.....

You are always welcomed to malaysia...drop me a line if we are destined to meet here...:)

and to the rest who have replied in this thread...thanx for the warm welcome....I am already feeling at home...

thank you.

Aum

Agnideva
07 October 2007, 12:41 PM
Namaste Raja,

You can check their website if you're interested: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/

Satguru Bodhinatha I think travels to Malaysia once a year.

Aum Namah Shivaya,
A.

rajakohila
08 October 2007, 10:56 AM
Thanx for the site address Agnideva.
I had a look at it...now i remember that one of my secondary school friends used to be a follower of Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami's teachings....

and after seeing the site now i remember more about them...:)

I used to read hinduism today, when i frequented the local tamil library...it was the only english subscription they use to have then....that was many years ago...

thanx again for reminding me about this site...i will inquire from my friend regarding the activities in malaysia...

thanx

rajakohila

Aum