PDA

View Full Version : Was Swami Premananda set up?

suresh
11 October 2007, 09:06 AM
Thought I could share this bit of info. on Swami Premananda, who was arrested a decade earlier, possibly on false charges. Given below is the url, where one can read some shocking stories. Makes me wonder whether Duryodhana and his gang could've been way better. And I am not kidding!

http://www.justice-for-premananda.org/

Suresh

yudhamanyu
11 October 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know about Swami Premananda, but indeed there we really have to educate the masses about the fake gurus and other idiots , who try to dupe the public for cash and spoil the name of the real gurus as well in the process.

These fools are giving Hinduism a bad name.

The gullible public is also responsible for the elevation of these idiots, and they should be more circumspect as well , as their gullibility is harming not only themselves but also the religion and India as well, and encouraging these fake fools more as well .

As Vivenananda and RAmakrishna themselves taught, one ought to test the guru and study his character and teachings well, before accepting him.

Arjuna
12 October 2007, 05:20 PM
Thought I could share this bit of info. on Swami Premananda, who was arrested a decade earlier, possibly on false charges.

I have a French friend who was a close disciple of Premananda for some time and acc to him Premananda is a true siddha. He was put in jail for political reasons by his enemies. Legal case was clearly fabricated one. Of course Premananda as a Tantrika could have had sexual relationships with girls in his ashram, but there is no actual evidence of any rapes and murders.

Nowadays certain interested people try to accuse Satya Sai of so many ill-deeds. Before same was done in regards of Osho, Swami Rama and many others. Quite typical mode of behavior..
Of course there are many fake gurus interested in money, fame and power, some of whom may be actual criminals (like the founder of Ananda-marga, Sarkar). That is why it may be good to take into account a rule which i recently heard from one lady-scholar: "If a guru/sadhu has an ashram, a cave or numerous disciples, beware of him." :)

Jigar
04 April 2008, 12:05 AM
Suresh,
Hope you are still around or coming back soon. That is some profile. It is not difficult to believe everything at first sight. Looking up at the chaulkboard, my buddy Neil went off tangent not focusing on the Main topic. Planning an escape route in a 1o year sentence where you sleep, shower and eat everyday is, well, a part of your day.

Back to the topic, By what means was he captured? Did they tapp his phone, bugg his house. Did he write below the line? Was his inquisition along the wrong path? Were there flowers in his attic?

Write me back on track.

:Enthaleku:

Taipan
19 April 2008, 01:03 AM
Thought I could share this bit of info. on Swami Premananda, who was arrested a decade earlier, possibly on false charges. Given below is the url, where one can read some shocking stories. Makes me wonder whether Duryodhana and his gang could've been way better. And I am not kidding!

http://www.justice-for-premananda.org/

Suresh

Wouldn't surprise me!
The truth scares people who are ostensibly in denial.
They get desperate and will cook up all sorts of rubbish to remain in their so called "comfort zone".

annapurani
07 August 2010, 07:06 AM
I just came across your post, Suresh, and I realise that the discussion is about 3 years old; nevertheless, i feel I need to chip in. I have just got back from a prolonged stay in India. At Mahashivaratri I was at the Sri Premananda ashram in Tamil Nadu. There, I personally witnessed Swami Premananda's lingotbhava and vibhuti bhava. He manifested 12 lingams in total, and I was lucky to witness three of them as they emerged from his mouth, whilst the assembled crowd reverently chanted Om Namah Shivaya. It was a most unforgettable and awe-inspiring sight. The vibhuti bhava was also unbelievably blissful and very moving to witness - clouds of fragrant ash blowing out of his mouth. Several kilos of vibhuti were collected and distributed to the devotees. He is genuine, and a very rare and high avatar. I love him dearly.