PDA

View Full Version : Drekkana (D3) and past lives

yajvan
13 October 2007, 01:24 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17082#post17082)
Namaste Yajvan,

Do you mean to say we must consider the lagna lord of the drekkana chart, and subsequently its tattva? If the lagna lord of d-3 chart is mars, then it must be bhu tattva, is that it? Or, am I not understanding you properly? Suresh

this has been moved from another folder, as more jyotish questions came up regarding past lives.
Namaste suresh,
A good question. The Drekkana ( pronounced Dreshkana) is of great import. Also note there are few ways of errecting a 1/3rd hart, that of Parivrittitraya and that of Somanath. and that of Prasara Drekkana which takes the trines from the sign itself that is being calulated, and then there is Jagannath Drekkana.
So, this post will not be one of Drekkana creation, but wanted to let you know there are differnt views on this matter.

Lets answer your question directly

Look to the natal chart and the placement of surya and chandra...
Based upon the lagna ( as ones birth of the body indicator), which graha is stonger, Sun or Moon. Surya and Chandra bring the body and mind together in this earth, into the lagna.
Now that you know the stonger of the 2 grahas which Drekkana , the 1st 10°, 2nd or 3rd 10° segment of the sign, does that graha reside in?
If one creates the Drekkana chart, using risi Parasara's method, Look to the Lagna of the D3 chart. Where does the stronger graha reside? Who owns that division? By now this should be a rasi or bhava placement of the grahas that the sun is in or moon? Is it Mars? Jupiter? Venus? Saturn or Mercury?
Each Graha is associated with a tattva correct? That tattva then tells you the last station the native was in.
Lets take an example of a native with the Moon in Rohini and Taurus in the 7th house. Sun is in the 9th house. Both good placements. Yet Moon is Mooltrikona position and is stonger then the sun.

Moon is 16° Taurus or the 2nd drekkana of this sign. So the Parashara rule is, grahas in Taurus, in the 2nd Drekkana = being placed in the D3 chart in Virgo. This is Parasha's rule that is beautiful, the placement of grahas from its rasi sign to its drekkana is 1st, 5th or 9th from the house the graha resides in.

So, Moon is in Virgo in the D3 chart. Who owns Virgo? Mercury.
Mercury indicated prthvi tattva. This native's last station was in narka loka.

There is also rule that says , in terms of strenth, the graha that is well placed and has more planets associated with it, it also is strong. This is the evaluation for the sun. This native has the sun assocated/conjunct with 3 other grahas, and one of them is the Atmakaraka. So when then needs to look to the sun's drekkana just to have a dual opinion on this last station.

The sun in Cancer and is in the 1st drekkana or 1st 10° of this sign. Hence in the D3 chart, it then resides in Cancer ( again Parashara's rules here). So who owns Cancer? Chandra. And what tattva is associated with Moon? Apa or jala, fluid tattva. This suggests that the natives last station was that of the gandarva, kinnaras, apsaras, siddhas.

So how to break the code here ? It goes by the stonger position of the Sun and moon. And there are specific rules. Yet a exalted graha wins.
Moon in Rohini/Taurus is exalted~moolatrikona~ position and hence, IMHO the last station for this native was naraka loka...And congratulations to this native ,as s/he is now back to bhu loka and working out the next set of karma baggage to move forward.

But what did this person die from? Look to the drekkana owned by Saturn (Yama). Each tattva brings a dis-ease, yes?
Sun - heavy fevers
Moon - water issues, swelling, fuild in the lungs, etc.
Mars - tejas and fire - perhaps firearms, or conflagration
Where Rahu is included with the graha you may deduce foul play.
Ketu - a mystery in death, as ketu takes this role [ no head graha]
etc. etc.

Hope this helps.... Note this knowledge is that of the tradition, of the parampara. I know nothing and remain the sisya & WIP.

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/images/mantra_images/M4.gif
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

pranams,

yajvan
13 October 2007, 01:44 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaskar Yajvan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but since I am a novice and perhaps too slow to understand all this, let me work it out, so you can see if I am correct. Hope it's ok with you.

In the given rasi chart, moon is stronger than the sun, moon being the amatyakaraka and placed in lagna. In my software, it shows moon: 20 pi 24' 37.15", so I guess it's 20 degrees, which means I should go five places from the moon's position in the rasi chart. So that makes moon's placement in cancer in the d-3. Since moon owns this sign, the last station must be swarga? Or, do we go 9 places due to 20 degrees, in which case we'll get scorpio. Mars being the lord, last station must be bhu.

Please let me know if this is correct, it's quite confusing.:o

Also, I tried to use jaganath drekkana, where moon is in pisces, sign owned by Ju. And in the rasi chart, Ju is placed in gemini owned by mercury, so last station must've been naraka!:(

Both methods give diff. results. Like some opinion on this, if you don't mind. TIA, Suresh

Namaste Suresh,

Lets do one part, then go back and reconsider okay?

you mention " In my software, it shows moon: 20 pi 24' 37.15", so I guess it's 20 degrees, which means I should go five places from the moon's position in the rasi chart".

1. First , assume you are in the Birth Chart , called D1 or the natal chart. If this is correct, then lets proceed to point 2.
2. If chandra is 20 pi 24' 37.15 [ note if you wish to show the degree sign, just hold down the ALT KEY and type in 0176 and you will get the ° symbol. Then you can say 20°].Back to Chandra. since 20° 24'37" is greater then 20°, it falls into the 3rd drekkana.
3.So, using Parasara's rules of 1st , 5th and 9th signs from the graha mentioned, a Pisces moon, then the drekkana is in 9 signs from it, so its in Scorpio. Who owns Scorpio? Mars. What is Mars tattva? tejas or agni.
Agni owns bhu loka. So, using this logic you were last , well, here. On this earth.

Now, once we start the conversation of Parasara vs. Jagannath - we are talking of how the count from the moon goes. clockwise vs. counter-clockwise. Odd signs one way and even signs the other way.
Jagannath takes the trines 1,5,and 9th from movable signs. So to explain by typing is not the best method w/o a marker board and some F:F time.

That said, one cannot go wrong with Parasara muni. The other methods are excellent and for a reason , in each parampara. Even Varaha Mihira muni uses Parasara's simple technique so you are in good company on this matter.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon4.gifCAUTIONhttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon4.gif: I know I do not have to say this, but do not offer this as an insight to others that are not familur with this knowledge and maybe not the right frame of mind or not even looking for this information... we do not wish to build worries into others of where they have been or where they are going. This knowledge is for spiritual matters. With this knowledge comes responsibility, yes? We use it wisely. Used incorrectly, we increase our own baggage - of this there is no doubt.

pranams,

yajvan
13 October 2007, 01:53 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

Additional info on Drekkana can be found on these HDF Posts
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803&highlight=Drekkana

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726&highlight=Drekkana

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9610&postcount=90

suresh
13 October 2007, 02:51 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~
Namaste Suresh,

Lets do one part, then go back and reconsider okay?

you mention " In my software, it shows moon: 20 pi 24' 37.15", so I guess it's 20 degrees, which means I should go five places from the moon's position in the rasi chart".

1. First , assume you are in the Birth Chart , called D1 or the natal chart. If this is correct, then lets proceed to point 2.
2. If chandra is 20 pi 24' 37.15 [ note if you wish to show the degree sign, just hold down the ALT KEY and type in 0176 and you will get the ° symbol. Then you can say 20°].Back to Chandra. since 20° 24'37" is greater then 20°, it falls into the 3rd drekkana.
3.So, using Parasara's rules of 1st , 5th and 9th signs from the graha mentioned, a Pisces moon, then the drekkana is in 9 signs from it, so its in Scorpio. Who owns Scorpio? Mars. What is Mars tattva? tejas or agni.
Agni owns bhu loka. So, using this logic you were last , well, here. On this earth.

Namaste Yajvan,

Yes, I think it's clear now, thanks a ton. But if I was on earth last time around, does it mean I took this (present) birth without actually travelling to any other world? I thought after death, every person had to visit some loka or the other to work out his karma?

Also is it possible to get a general idea as to what I was (human or animal), or when the last birth must've taken place using the same chart? It's quite fascinating, to say the least! Do share with us your vast knowledge and experience.

Suresh

p.s.
Something interesting here. I just calculated for Ramana Maharishi and Swami Vivekananda. It happens to be vayu tattva and Agni respectively!

yajvan
13 October 2007, 03:59 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

Yes, I think it's clear now, thanks a ton. But if I was on earth last time around, does it mean I took this (present) birth without actually travelling to any other world? I thought after death, every person had to visit some loka or the other to work out his karma?

Also is it possible to get a general idea as to what I was (human or animal), or when the last birth must've taken place using the same chart? It's quite fascinating, to say the least! Do share with us your vast knowledge and experience.

Suresh

p.s.
Something interesting here. I just calculated for Ramana Maharishi and Swami Vivekananda. It happens to be vayu tattva and Agni respectively!

Namaste Suresh,
With ones punya and which loka and for how long, I scratch my head and continue my study. Some indications are in the Srimad Bhagavatam 5.24 and in that area. the 'rules' for passing and droping the body I have not mastered and are WIP.

For now, also calculate for both the sun and the moon. When we talk of strenths of Surya and Chandra there are specific rules, an order, what type of house they are in ( movable, fixed, dual) a whole set of rules.
These are the same rules used for various Dasa calculations such as Naryana dasa... If I get a chance we may take a look at these rules.

Take a look at one person that came from the higher lokas.. this will show you two things. the influence of Jupiter in the 1st Drekkana and a rule of strenths.
Please enter your software for Edgar Cayce
Born March 18, 1877
Time: 15:03:00

You will get Cancer as Lagna, Sun in Pisces and Moon in Aries.

See what you think... Why is sun stonger then moon?
Note the raja yoga? note the Dharmakarmadhipati raja yoga? Look at the location of Guru in moolatrikona bhava.
A nice chart and a most interesting man.

pranams,

suresh
14 October 2007, 01:58 AM
Namaste Yajvan,

Thanks for the wonderful analysis.

I think in Phaladeepika, there's a method by which one can determine whether or not one were human last time. We have to see whether the moon is in kendra (or trikona) with the pranapada in the d-9 chart. If so, you're human, otherwise, a bird or an animal.

It actually goes deeper than this, such as finding out the location, status etc. using d-60, but not very reliable, because it's virtually impossible to get correct results with respect to d-60. Even a diff. by few seconds will change things upside down.

Hence, there's no reliable method in VA for this purpose, although Nadi Jyotish could be helpful, because it doesn't depend on time or other factors. Everything's written down clearly, nobody's computing anything, and hence the possibility of making mistakes is rather slim.

Suresh

yajvan
14 October 2007, 08:18 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan,

Thanks for the wonderful analysis.

I think in Phaladeepika, there's a method by which one can determine whether or not one were human last time. We have to see whether the moon is in kendra (or trikona) with the pranapada in the d-9 chart. If so, you're human, otherwise, a bird or an animal.

It actually goes deeper than this, such as finding out the location, status etc. using d-60, but not very reliable, because it's virtually impossible to get correct results with respect to d-60. Even a diff. by few seconds will change things upside down.

Hence, there's no reliable method in VA for this purpose, although Nadi Jyotish could be helpful, because it doesn't depend on time or other factors. Everything's written down clearly, nobody's computing anything, and hence the possibility of making mistakes is rather slim.
Suresh

Namaste Suresh,
you mention I think in Phaladeepika, there's a method by which one can determine whether or not one were human last time.

I will be happy to see what you find and that you will share your findings with us.

re: D60 chart and birth time... there is a birth rectification proceedure called janma vigati that allows one to fine tune ones time of birth. I have used it.
It takes time to explain. So, perhaps you may want to find some information on this, as it gives not only a more refined birth time, but also the graha with great influence on you.

Recall that graha's have various tattva, yes? they also produce male and female, and encunch. So if your birth time today is ruled by a graha that is female producing, the you know you need to adjust. Vighati allows you to do this. Look for birth time rectification techniques. Or you can do what I did, was find a most excellent joytish. He looked at me and my chart and changed my time by 30 seconds. I then did vigatti some years later and came up with the same time, a 30 second adjustment.

I then had a life event that was timed to the day. For this to happen my birth time needed a 29 second adjustment. So I am good to +/- 1 second and have been using this time for ~ 18 years now. This then allows me to look to the D60 chart with confidence.

re: Nadi
Since you are in Chenni you have Nadi Jyotishi there ... it would be a boon to visit them , yes? I am in hopes of a visit (yatra and tirtha) next year. With His blessings this will happen and I will visit them for sure.

If you go to them, find a realiable one... I think I have offered one to you.
Also, bring a thumb print ( make 3 copies) of the right hand thumb. do not over press the impression so the nadi can see the finest lines.

Pranams,

suresh
14 October 2007, 09:09 AM
Namaskar Yajvan,

Hari Om
~~~~~
Namaste Suresh,
you mention I think in Phaladeepika, there's a method by which one can determine whether or not one were human last time.

I will be happy to see what you find and that you will share your findings with us.

In my case, it shows human. But in the case of Ramana Maharishi and Swami Vivekananda, it says otherwise, that they could've had an animal birth. Doesn't make sense, does it?

re: D60 chart and birth time... there is a birth rectification proceedure called janma vigati that allows one to fine tune ones time of birth. I have used it.

I've heard of this too, but didn't get a chance to study it in detail. I'll certainly give it a shot, though.

re: Nadi
Since you are in Chenni you have Nadi Jyotishi there ... it would be a boon to visit them , yes?

When I was young, my mom had visited one of these people. Their information was so accurate it was kinda startling. They not only mentioned people's names (like my dad's name, and so on), but also declared that my dad had died when I was hardly a year old, and much, much more, all of it stunningly accurate, in the sense that it was specific information hardly known to people outside of our family (some of the info., even I didn't know!) and not at all some general statements like "the native would be good at studies" etc. It was 100% accurate. But the predictions regarding future weren't.

They also said a few things about my past life, that I had taken birth as an emperor in India, but a very, very long time ago, probably in the previous yuga. While I am circumspect about this past life info. cuz it can't be verified, I have no hesitation in giving full marks to their (other) predictions, which were verified to be 100% true. So if you're indeed interested, I think you're making the right choice.

I am in hopes of a visit (yatra and tirtha) next year. With His blessings this will happen and I will visit them for sure.

Please do visit my humble home. I'd be delighted to have you here.:) Further, there's also a person in Tiruvannamalai, who's very popular and my friend has been to him. He's not a nadi jyotish, but some kind of siddha, Akbar his name. He is muslim in name only, he follows Hinduism and Ramana.

If you go to them, find a realiable one... I think I have offered one to you.
Also, bring a thumb print ( make 3 copies) of the right hand thumb. do not over press the impression so the nadi can see the finest lines.

Unfortunately, I couldn't locate this particular person you mentioned, and as I was busy at the time, I had to drop it. Perhaps, I'll pursue it now.

Suresh