PDA

View Full Version : Siva's Power

yajvan
14 October 2007, 08:29 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste

When one follows Siva, He is the all, He is Fullness, Tad Ekam.
When we see Siva as part of trimurthi, He is is co-partners with Creation and Mantainence. Yet if one is a Shaive, this is just another way of expressing His overall greatness. The words are verbs ( actions) vs. nouns - names of Divinity.

That said, Siva is associated with destruction. While that may be interesing I think it is not the pure intent of what His capibilites are. I would like to see if you have a POV on this matter.

Over time one gets used to this word distruction, but dissolution is more adept a meaning IMHO... I am not correcting anyone here, just my orientation and POV based on my studies.

When I think of dissolution I think of complete annihilation, complete absorption back into the Absolute.

Can you think of anything today made of man that can do this? Even an atom bomb only converts Mass to energy [ E=Mc²]. The energy remains in this Universe as heat, or particles or the like. and for me this is Destruction. Humans can participate in destruction ( we seem to do quite well here!), deva's can contribute to this, yet who can perform annihilation?

Dissolution is the complete removal/absorption of matter+energy back to its source... Prakriti returns to aksara. Back to Ajari. This is one aspect of Siva.

नमः शिवाय च शिवतराय च
namah śivāya ca śivatarāya ca

Bob G
12 November 2007, 06:00 PM
Imagine letting go all of our memories, memories of even the Divine forms, Songs, realms and teachings; Memories of ourselves and everything in life, all we have ever known, seen, learned and experienced! Such is a high price to pay for Mystery, a price that has an element or process of terror in it, (which I have not paid) and one that only a few of us have paid.

Victory Guru