PDA

View Full Version : Blackness...why?

skhandelwal
14 October 2007, 09:49 AM
As a gyan Yogi...I can't seem to get this questions off my mind.

What is the cause of desire?(since we attain pleasure from our senses...what is our senses in terms of addictiveness? I mean sometimes, they make us do things we don't want to do...they cloud our judgment.)

What is companionship? Is there life w/o it?(what is love?)

What is fear? Why do we fear?(what is tension? Why do we get tired?)

What is existence? What is emptiness?(in terms of physics and conciousness-matter, vacuum, energy, reason to live, etc.)

Thx for the answers guys, btw, since I am new to this forum...can someone tell me how to delete my post? I got one is advaita section I need to take care of.

Eastern Mind
14 October 2007, 10:12 AM
As a gyan Yogi...I can't seem to get this questions off my mind.

What is the cause of desire?(since we attain pleasure from our senses...what is our senses in terms of addictiveness? I mean sometimes, they make us do things we don't want to do...they cloud our judgment.)

What is companionship? Is there life w/o it?

What is fear? Why do we fear?

What is existence? What is emptiness?(in terms of physics and conciousness-matter, vacuum, energy, reason to live, etc.)

Thx for the answers guys, btw, since I am new to this forum...can someone tell me how to delete my post? I got on it advaita section I need to take care of.
Very tough questions, but here is one point of view.
Desire is caused by the instinctive layer of mind, which includes ego. Desire for wealth, prestige, food, sleep, pleasure, is all to keep this instinctive strata of mind 'happy'.
Companionship .. being with others..in order for the soul to evolve, we must interact with other humans. Of course the Gods are your best friends, and companionship with them is a little harder. You have to have faith.
Fear ... instinctive mind again ... wanting to experience pleasure instead of pain, and ruled by the biggest fear of all..fear of death (especially if you have no faith..eg "What if this is it?)
Existence - caused by the causal God. You exist because you exist. God did it.
Emptiness - no such thing, although Self-realisation has been describes as both emptiness and the fullness of everything. Aum Namasivaya

satay
14 October 2007, 10:57 AM
Admin Note

Namaste Skhandelwa,

Welcome to the Hindu Dharma Forums.

AThx for the answers guys, btw, since I am new to this forum...can someone tell me how to delete my post? I got one is advaita section I need to take care of.

Members can not delete posts.

I will delete the one in advaita section for you.

Thanks,

skhandelwal
14 October 2007, 09:31 PM
1. But the concept "happyness" itself is made out of the 14 senses we have.(according to Hinduism). W/o it, we would only have awareness(justified by philosophy Neti). So my question is....why and how do our senses dilluse us?

2. Isn't meditating another answer? If yes...then why do we even need each other? If one is to meditate...would he be called selfish b/c of the popular quote, "if good men do nothing, it is evil enough"?

3. In my experience, fearing only decreasing our chances of succeeding...so why do it? It is similar to having a train coming at you but you are shocked and can't move...why panic? It is meaningless? But then again...what does meaningless means?

4. According to spiritual physics,(mix breed of philosophy, religion, and science; to come up w/ a justifying answer to the mystery) What is existence and emptiness?

yajvan
15 October 2007, 01:00 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

1. But the concept "happyness" itself is made out of the 14 senses we have.(according to Hinduism). W/o it, we would only have awareness(justified by philosophy Neti). So my question is....why and how do our senses dilluse us?

2. Isn't meditating another answer? If yes...then why do we even need each other? If one is to meditate...would he be called selfish b/c of the popular quote, "if good men do nothing, it is evil enough"?

3. In my experience, fearing only decreasing our chances of succeeding...so why do it? It is similar to having a train coming at you but you are shocked and can't move...why panic? It is meaningless? But then again...what does meaningless means?

4. According to spiritual physics,(mix breed of philosophy, religion, and science; to come up w/ a justifying answer to the mystery) What is existence and emptiness?

Namaste skhandelwa,
I have been reading your posts... I think your questions are reasonable and can be answered. Many are answered on this forum in several places and will take a bit of poking around on your side.

IMHO, you may wish to tee up some of your questions and concerns, but in a more incremental-sequential manner. That is too many questions is like boiling the ocean, too much at one time.
Example:

What is companionship? Is there life w/o it?(what is love?)
What is fear? Why do we fear?(what is tension? Why do we get tired?)
What is existence? What is emptiness?Love has been answered a few times so if you do a search on this you will find a nice conversation. Note the search buttons at the top of the HDF screen on the main page.

Fear - the Upanishads answer this nicely and can be a separate post.

Existence - Search on Brahman and you will find many supporting conversations on this manner. also Happiness as Satchiananda may assist.

So, maybe pick one you wish to go deeper-and-wider on, and others ( as will I) engage on this.

hope this helps.

pranams,

skhandelwal
15 October 2007, 08:32 PM
Actually, searching around didn't help.(I figured love out by myself later on and came up with more and specific questions)

Love is achieving the primary aim of our life - gaining self esteem. Through our senses, we judge ourself. But why do we judge? What is self respect?

I understand that fear is born out of duality. But even if one believes in duality...fearing is meaningless. Panicking never helps in life...even after knowing that...people continue to panic. Why? I have seen that the more rest the mind gets,(calmer it is) more people understand rather than fighting the situation. Then what is it that makes our mind tense? If you look at it from this perspective...tension is small fragment of panicking, so why get tense? Why worry? Why do we do it? What does meaningless act means? such as fearing as shown above.

Here is how I see it. I am in this world stuck in this illusion with other like me. According to Brahman philosophy, since I am god, it must be my wish to enter the illusion...but why would I wish that? Also, I read in the Upanishad that each soul is unique but perfect. How is that possible? We are talking about the godhead here...which is suppose to be infinite in all directions. If that is true, then how come one be different than another? That means one has something the other doesn't.

yajvan
15 October 2007, 09:43 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Actually, searching around didn't help.(I figured love out by myself later on and came up with more and specific questions)
Love is achieving the primary aim of our life - gaining self esteem. Through our senses, we judge ourself. But why do we judge? What is self respect?
I understand that fear is born out of duality. But even if one believes in duality...fearing is meaningless. Panicking never helps in life...even after knowing that...people continue to panic. Why? I have seen that the more rest the mind gets,(calmer it is) more people understand rather than fighting the situation. Then what is it that makes our mind tense? If you look at it from this perspective...tension is small fragment of panicking, so why get tense? Why worry? Why do we do it? What does meaningless act means? such as fearing as shown above.
Here is how I see it. I am in this world stuck in this illusion with other like me. According to Brahman philosophy, since I am god, it must be my wish to enter the illusion...but why would I wish that? Also, I read in the Upanishad that each soul is unique but perfect. How is that possible? We are talking about the godhead here...which is suppose to be infinite in all directions. If that is true, then how come one be different than another? That means one has something the other doesn't.
Namaste skhandelwal,

There are a few things I have thought of and offer to share with you, if I may.

Regarding God, Ishvara
The view on you knowing that you are God, this is fine; yet you know this intellectually, yes? What are your experiences, your daily life? Are you having the experience of being ubiquitous? Are you completely being supported by all the laws of nature? What is the nature of the mind? is it even there? This mind, a conflagration of gunas + vasnas?

So we can understand we are God, yet we must live it as a reality. Its as if one says I am a King, I know I have the idea and principles of the King; yet do you have the Kingdom and the castle and the wealth that goes with it?.
Like that, we need to live God. This comes by being established in Brahman. If you are at this point of your development, then you have been graced by Him, and if you are not, then you are asking the questions found on your posts. So, more things need to be accomplished, yes? For this, HDF discussions may be of some use to the intellect. For experiencing Brahman, that will be your sadhana.

Regarding Fear
Your post makes sense... yet we as humans have two things going against us; Our left overs of an animal brain and the adrenalin that goes with it. This triggers all the emotions for safety, Maslow's hierarchy , all that stuff. http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/maslow.html .

This happens in the autonomic nervous system, as I undersand it. This changes with spiritual growth, as it ( sadhana) effects the village of the senses, the nervous system. That calmness you mention, the balance, some call restfully alert, calm within ones being, this grows.

And as you said the duality. The Upanishads say dvitiyad vai bhayam bhavati - certainly fear is born of duality.

Yet pending ones age fear is different… The number one fear for adolescents, in general, is public speaking, then fear of embarrassment, etc. As we get old , some are harassed by the fear of success, of death, etc. And then there is Panphobia - fear of Everything.

IMHO as one matures and pursues ones real nature ( that of being a spark of the divine) most fears subside, till they all go away with Moksha. I have seen many mature in this fashion. My experiences , as like all of us, are different, yet I see this maturity with fears falling to the way-side.

re: Love. here's a few posts that may be of interest: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1564&highlight=love (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1564&highlight=love)

More on this as your responses and questions are posted.... many here as knowledgeable and happy to banter about ideas, concepts and the like.

"Self-confidence is not a feeling of superiority, but of independence."
Lama Yeshe

pranams,