PDA

View Full Version : ha + Siva + Aham

yajvan
21 October 2007, 12:33 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

in my studies I am reviewing some root sounds. I come to हा hā .

I am seeing that 'ha' is not attached to this creation. This ha is associated with Siva.

I also see ha associated water, sky, blood, meditation, paradise, dying, fear, knowledge, Vishnu, moon, war, horse, pride, force, supreme spirit, ego, body.

I can see how it is attached/one with Siva as we view a+ha+m or Aham, Universal I. a = the first step of Siva and ha is the resting place; m is appended in Aham based upon rules of sanskrit grammer, we end up with the mantra Aham

Can anyone explain why 'ha' then is not considered part of this creation? Is it due to its vishvadhika [transcendent or above and beyond] the universe status? Yet still found with water, sky and the like?

Any insights are welcomed.

pranams,

sarabhanga
23 October 2007, 06:09 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

हं
ha (hakAra, the apara visarga) is the last aspiration, exhalation, giving emphasis (as ‘verily’) or bringing destruction; it is the anAhata prANAtman, supreme spirit, shiva or bhairava (as nakulIsha).

ha indicates meditation, auspiciousness, knowledge, death, blood, or fear; and represents the sky, heaven or paradise, the sun or the moon; and it is laughter, madness, pleasure, or delight.

ha is associated with shakti tattva, indicating motive or force, and it invokes haMsavatI.

ha stands for aham (‘I am’), the supreme and absolute ‘I’.

अहं

yajvan
24 October 2007, 04:35 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan,

हंha (hakAra, the apara visarga) is the last aspiration, exhalation, giving emphasis (as ‘verily’) or bringing destruction; it is the anAhata prANAtman, supreme spirit, shiva or bhairava (as nakulIsha).

ha indicates meditation, auspiciousness, knowledge, death, blood, or fear; and represents the sky, heaven or paradise, the sun or the moon; and it is laughter, madness, pleasure, or delight.

ha is associated with shakti tattva, indicating motive or force, and it invokes haMsavatI. ha stands for aham (‘I am’), the supreme and absolute ‘I’. अहं

Namaste sarabhanga,
thank you for taking time to address this... let me test my understanding.

If ha is associated with shakti tattva, indicating motive or force, then it is part of this creation. Yet when ha is combined a+ha+m , thus I, it is the Supreme, Siva.

So, perhaps the readings I am reviewing is a bit off? As it says, ha is not attached to this creation - hence my pondering this notion. If one can say it is and it is not, then that would also suffice.

Any additional insights are welcomed...

pranams

sarabhanga
24 October 2007, 10:09 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

हं
As the final antaHstha (semi-vowel), h depends on the shakti of a svara (vowel) ~ the haMsa (certainly not a flightless bird) is equivalent with prANa pavate, which only rests in absolute samAdhi. And the apara visarga (ha) arises from AkAsha.

अः
The parApara visarga (H), however, is the ultimate 16th svara, beyond AkAsha, and inspiring the whole of devanAgarI (as aksharAtmikA).

H truly is the last, the end, and dissolution.

ha invokes the AtmA as brahmA, while H invokes the AtmA as brahma.

ha is associated with shakti tattva, while H is associated with sadvidyA tattva.

parApara visarga (H) = shAnti bIja (aH) = brahma = nara
apara visarga (ha) = haMsa bIja (haM) = brahmA = nArAyaNa

And the turya naranArAyaNa is aH united with haM, which is ahaM (or ohaM, after SaNDhI) ~ the shAnti-haMsa, or prANAtmA at rest (or perfectly controlled).

shivo'haM shivo'haM

Arjuna
06 November 2007, 04:16 PM
Namaste Sarabhanga,

akAra (a) is a symbol of Anuttara, Shiva-Shakti merged in each other. It corresponds to Chit.
Visarga (aH) is a symbol of union of Shiva-Shakti (but with Shakti predominating). It corresponds to Ananda-shakti of Anuttara and it's nature is Kama.

BTW where aH is designated as Shanti-bija? This sounds interesting.
And what is para-visarga acc to Ur classification?

yajvan
08 November 2007, 05:57 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

हं
As the final antaHstha (semi-vowel), h depends on the shakti of a svara (vowel) ~ the haMsa (certainly not a flightless bird) is equivalent with prANa pavate, which only rests in absolute samAdhi. And the apara visarga (ha) arises from AkAsha.

अः
The parApara visarga (H), however, is the ultimate 16th svara, beyond AkAsha, and inspiring the whole of devanAgarI (as aksharAtmikA).

H truly is the last, the end, and dissolution.

ha invokes the AtmA as brahmA, while H invokes the AtmA as brahma.

ha is associated with shakti tattva, while H is associated with sadvidyA tattva.

parApara visarga (H) = shAnti bIja (aH) = brahma = nara
apara visarga (ha) = haMsa bIja (haM) = brahmA = nArAyaNa

And the turya naranArAyaNa is aH united with haM, which is ahaM (or ohaM, after SaNDhI) ~ the shAnti-haMsa, or prANAtmA at rest (or perfectly controlled).
shivo'haM shivo'haM

Namaste sarabhanga,

regarding अः or visarga, is it equal to : (colon) ? that is, the : is it sufficent by itself, and are there special uses?

If you have time, let me know your thoughts on this matter.

pranams,

Znanna
08 November 2007, 07:46 PM
When the exhalation is unrestricted, and one becomes empty, breathe in while still letting go the breath.

To me, this is balance.

ZN

sarabhanga
08 November 2007, 08:05 PM
Namaste Arjuna and Yajvan,

All sparsha (consonants) require the addition of a svara (vowel) in order to be pronounced; but all of the svara (including akAra) require the breath (AtmA) of visarga for their own manifestation.

The true visarga is only H (which alone remains silent), and the shAntibIja (aH) is its approximate vocalization.

a is the shakti and H is the shiva, in the shiva-shakti union of aH.

The one true visarga is the para (“ultimate”) or parApara (“both higher and lower”, i.e. all encompassing) visarga, and hakAra is the apara (“lower”) visarga.

aH = nara (the inspiration)
ha = nArAyaNa (the expiration)

yajvan
08 November 2007, 08:20 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Arjuna and Yajvan,

All sparsha (consonants) require the addition of a svara (vowel) in order to be pronounced; but all of the svara (including akAra) require the breath (AtmA) of visarga for their own manifestation.

The true visarga is only H (which alone remains silent), and the shAntibIja (aH) is its approximate vocalization.

a is the shakti and H is the shiva, in the shiva-shakti union of aH.

The one true visarga is the para (“ultimate”) or parApara (“both higher and lower”, i.e. all encompassing) visarga, and hakAra is the apara (“lower”) visarga.

aH = nara (the inspiration)
ha = nArAyaNa (the expiration)

namaste sarabhanga,
thank you for the insight. I found this a topic of interest at the temple applying it to VishnH, as the proper pronuciation of a specific mantra with the guidance of the pundit.

thanks,

sarabhanga
08 November 2007, 11:08 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

viSNuH is the nominative case of viSNu, and viSNoH is the genitive or ablative case ~ but the correct pronunciation of “VishnH” is unclear.