PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Insult Innocents

Arvind Sivaraman
24 October 2007, 11:32 PM
Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

Sringeri Jagadguru Speaks :

After sending the Pandavas for Vanavas (Life in Forest),Duryodhana was gripped by a wicked thought.He wanted to go with all the paraphernalia to the place where they were staying and show off,making them green with envy.

Possessed by this thought, and displaying all pomp and show,Duryodhana set out to indulge in water sport in a pond there,but was blocked by the Gandharvas (Celestial Beings) guarding it.In a bitter battle that ensued,Duryodhana was defeated and captured.

Coming to know of this,Yudhishtra,who was somewhere nearby,got Durodhana released
from the Gandharvas by Bhima and Arjuna, and advised him not to indulge in such things in future.

Durodhana felt extremely ashamed at having been saved by Yudhishtra,whom he had intended to insult.What an ignominy!

There is a moral behind this for all.Anyone attempting to disgrace innocent people will himself be disgraced.Hence,nobody should entertain such thoughts.

meez
25 October 2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the story my friend, much appreciated. Be well.

yajvan
25 October 2007, 01:47 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

Sringeri Jagadguru Speaks :

After sending the Pandavas for Vanavas (Life in Forest),Duryodhana was gripped by a wicked thought.He wanted to go with all the paraphernalia to the place where they were staying and show off,making them green with envy.

Possessed by this thought, and displaying all pomp and show,Duryodhana set out to indulge in water sport in a pond there,but was blocked by the Gandharvas (Celestial Beings) guarding it.In a bitter battle that ensued,Duryodhana was defeated and captured.

Coming to know of this,Yudhishtra,who was somewhere nearby,got Durodhana released
from the Gandharvas by Bhima and Arjuna, and advised him not to indulge in such things in future.

Durodhana felt extremely ashamed at having been saved by Yudhishtra,whom he had intended to insult.What an ignominy!

There is a moral behind this for all.Anyone attempting to disgrace innocent people will himself be disgraced.Hence,nobody should entertain such thoughts.

Namste Arvind,
Can you assist... Do you have opinions on what Durodhana represents?
And that of other Mahabharata characters? Bishma, the King, etc.
Does Sringeri Jagadguru give us a glimse of these roles?

pranams,

Arvind Sivaraman
26 October 2007, 03:00 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namste Arvind,

pranams,

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

Duruyodhana represents - Envy
Bhisma - Bramhacharya
This is my opinion.

May be Sringeri Jagadguru has given a glimpse of these roles.But so far I have not come across.If I come across I shall certailny let you know.

saidevo
26 October 2007, 05:55 AM

Whatever human or spiritual traits the Mahabharata principal personage stood for, I hope this does not imply that Sringeri Jagadguru was not aware of it...