PDA

View Full Version : something nice...

satay
26 October 2007, 11:44 AM
namaskar,
yesterday, I heard some words from a doctor that I would like to share with you all...

"if we say that the creator that created us is perfect then we must assume that there is 'some' perfection in all of us. Many people don't believe in the power of the body to heal itself. I don't understand why"

:)

Eastern Mind
26 October 2007, 12:12 PM
namaskar,
yesterday, I heard some words from a doctor that I would like to share with you all...

"if we say that the creator that created us is perfect then we must assume that there is 'some' perfection in all of us. Many people don't believe in the power of the body to heal itself. I don't understand why"

:)

Satay: Nice words showing wisdom is all over the place. As to why people don't believe that the body can heal itself, I think it is a conditioning, or programming by the scientific, in particular medicine, community. We are told over and over to go to the doctor. The pharmaceuticals bombard us with propaganda that you need this or that medicine. So we have a world filled with quasi-hypochondriacs. This is not to belittle medicine when necessary, but for those many people who can't think for themselves, what else did the good doctor think? How many doctors can say "This cold will go away with time. Go home and gargle with some salt water, and give it some time. The body heals itself, you know." (I do know 2 such doctors.) But the patient who has been pre-conditioned to believe he needs medicine would just go find another doctor, who would prescribe something, if for no other reason than to get the patient off his/her back. Aum Namasivaya