PDA

View Full Version : Jnana yoga?

paulv212
01 November 2007, 09:40 AM
Hi there, I'm new!

I've kinda stumbled into a path to enlightenment, and the best way that I have found to describe it is Jnana yoga. I would like to know more about this subject, especially about the state called sattvapatti - as this is the state that I currently most identify with.

Any information or insight that you can provide would be great.

Thanks, Paul

Nuno Matos
01 November 2007, 08:27 PM
Namaste Paul

Hello and a nice to welcome to HDF.

" I would like to know more about this subject, especially about the state called sattvapatti - as this is the state that I currently most identify with. "

In a guise of true advice, as proposed by any great jnana master for some one on the path of enlightenment, let me tell you, do not identify with any state of being or with any metaphysical concept, the truth of Turya is beyond that even beyond any "complacency".

Om namah shivaya

sarabhanga
01 November 2007, 08:47 PM
Namaste Paul,

Welcome to HDF :)

mumukshA (or shubhecchA) is equivalent with mUlAdhAra;
vicAraNa is equivalent with svAdhiSThAna;
tanumAnasa is equivalent with maNipUra;
brahmavid (or sAttvapatti) is equivalent with hRdaya;
brahmavidvara (or AsaM shakti) is equivalent with vishuddha;
brahmavidvarIya (or padArtha bhAvana) is equivalent with AjñA; and
brahmavidvariSTha (or turya) is equivalent with sahasrAra.

Arvind Sivaraman
01 November 2007, 11:43 PM
Hi there, I'm new!

I've kinda stumbled into a path to enlightenment, and the best way that I have found to describe it is Jnana yoga. I would like to know more about this subject, especially about the state called sattvapatti - as this is the state that I currently most identify with.

Any information or insight that you can provide would be great.

Thanks, Paul

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

Jnana - Means Knowledge.Knowledge can be gained to a certain extent by the study of Vedas,Upanishads,The Epics like Valmiki Ramayanam and Mahabaratha.Purana like Srimad Bhagavatham will provide an insight to attain Jnana.

Sattvapati - Sattva means Pure and Pati means Lord.Hence Sattavapati can be understood as Lord of Purity.

yajvan
03 November 2007, 08:03 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

Jnana - Means Knowledge.Knowledge can be gained to a certain extent by the study of Vedas,Upanishads,The Epics like Valmiki Ramayanam and Mahabaratha.Purana like Srimad Bhagavatham will provide an insight to attain Jnana.

Namaste,
What Arvind says is true... one also needs to be mindful of two levels of knowledge. That of higher and lower.
Now as soon as one hears lower their attention goes to more mediocre items, perhaps not spiritual. This is not the case. With 'lower' the rishi's have tended to put in the pursuit of heaven also. All those things that after its accomplishment, one finds they are back in bhu loka, or return to earth.

Higher knowledge can be that of the realization of SELF, of Aham, of Reality, and the total unfoldment of Brahman for the sadhu.

This higher level requires direct experience of Reality itself. One does not have to add anything to ones being, in fact it is the other way around - it is a matter of subtraction. Removing those things that is not the SELF i.e. koshas, malas, stress and strain. Just as the removal of clouds allows the sun to shine in its fullness, so will the SELF shire with the removal of these things that are not SELF.

The sun was always shining at its max. light. Clunds cannot not stop its shining, neather can the night.

Michelangelo was asked how he was going to create such a fine figure as King David out of an enormous chunk of marble, he said All I have to do is chip away everything that isn't David

The intent is to chip away all that is not the SELF... jnana helps with the chipping.

pranams