PDA

View Full Version : ...

izi
03 November 2007, 12:58 PM
I'm naomi

I have been involved in Hinduism since I was small but I am also native american (Lakota).

I was dedicated to Nrsimhadeva as a child and went to school at ISCKON Vancouver.

When I became a teenager I began studying the tantras and practiced asceticism from the age of 14 on.

Lately this year I have been recieving some uncalculably powerful visions of Shesha Ananta under the name of Ningishzidda which is a Sumerian name -7000 years. There are some confusing ways this form of godhead has been manifesting to me, though he is known as a god of confusion, so...that makes it even funnier.

It has been affecting all of my friends who study the Buddhism and Hinduism - some of whom are very adept practitioners themselves. It's very fortunate I have them.

I am hoping to get some clues into this mystery and am very humbled to be in the presence of so many dedicated Hinduism practitioners.

Eastern Mind
04 November 2007, 08:56 AM
Since you stated your native American heritage, I have a question. Have you been to any medicine wheels on high hills of Montana or elsewhere? If so, what is your sense of their inner purpose? I've been to a couple here (Alberta) and could not pinpoint any great insight as to their purpose other than there was an incredible view. Just trying to establish within myself some connection as to purpose. These sights attract me like a magnet, just like Hindu temples do. Aum Namasivaya

http://www.abheritage.ca/alberta/archaeology/facts_finds_sundial_hill_med_wheel.html

Znanna
04 November 2007, 11:35 AM
I'm naomi

I have been involved in Hinduism since I was small but I am also native american (Lakota).

I was dedicated to Nrsimhadeva as a child and went to school at ISCKON Vancouver.

When I became a teenager I began studying the tantras and practiced asceticism from the age of 14 on.

Lately this year I have been recieving some uncalculably powerful visions of Shesha Ananta under the name of Ningishzidda which is a Sumerian name -7000 years. There are some confusing ways this form of godhead has been manifesting to me, though he is known as a god of confusion, so...that makes it even funnier.

It has been affecting all of my friends who study the Buddhism and Hinduism - some of whom are very adept practitioners themselves. It's very fortunate I have them.

I am hoping to get some clues into this mystery and am very humbled to be in the presence of so many dedicated Hinduism practitioners.

Namaste, Naomi,

Welcome!

I suggest to you that Ningishzidda is more akin to Coyote the Trickster than a proponent of confusion.

:)

Also, the twilight Godz still have their acolytes, hehe.

ZN

Sudarshan
04 November 2007, 12:07 PM
I'm naomi

What exactly do you mean by vision of Shesha Ananta?

Is is an experience in meditation? Or, does he manifest in a physical form or in some form revealed by the senses? Or, is the experience completely beyond sense perception?

Why would such an experience be confusing? If the devatA is appearing before you, ask straightaway who he is and what is his purpose of communicating with you.

Adi sesha is a nitya mukta, meaning a soul that has never been in bondage like us. It is a great blessing if he gave you a vision.

Znanna
04 November 2007, 07:05 PM
http://ningishzidda.zoints.com/

I so enjoy random searches on the net :)

ZN

izi
05 November 2007, 12:29 AM
Since you stated your native American heritage, I have a question. Have you been to any medicine wheels on high hills of Montana or elsewhere? If so, what is your sense of their inner purpose? I've been to a couple here (Alberta) and could not pinpoint any great insight as to their purpose other than there was an incredible view. Just trying to establish within myself some connection as to purpose. These sights attract me like a magnet, just like Hindu temples do. Aum Namasivaya

http://www.abheritage.ca/alberta/archaeology/facts_finds_sundial_hill_med_wheel.html

No - even though, I used to live in Montana...my guess is that they were probably for dances...

I can't remember anytime in my life where being native american was about anything except dancing....food, sleep, crafts and even non-dancing rituals were all just in between stuff...

Just a guess though....

izi
05 November 2007, 12:41 AM
Namaste, Naomi,

Welcome!

I suggest to you that Ningishzidda is more akin to Coyote the Trickster than a proponent of confusion.

:)

Also, the twilight Godz still have their acolytes, hehe.

ZN

It doesn't match the animal aspects - Ningishzidda is a formless deity, though manifest he is a composite of the mating serpents, the two female winged dragon lions (who have scorpion tails) and the pillar the serpents are entwined around.

There's also the matter of Coyote (Mica) being my patron deity, the one I offered prayers and offerings of devotional service to.

After I encountered the serpent (before he revealed his name as Ningishzidda and later, Ananta) I went through a period of time where I was doubtful that this was all really happening to me - believe me - I have been through a lot of weird stuff and hardly anybody outside of tantric study or native 'shamanic' ritual understands it these days, you know?

So on one of these days where I was really pressing my logick against what was happening I started clearing out everything in my mind, burning down all of my belief systems and all the gods, even Coyote, until, only the serpent remained...

It's far too long to describe in one sitting, right now, and you should get tired of it by the time I finish...

but suffice it to say, no, I do not believe this is Coyote...doesn't feel like him, etc...and I was raised with wolves and foxes and all kinds of familiarity with canids - my native name is Lowachin Sungila, which means, "Hungry Fox"

Funny you should mention it, I was looking at my coyote skull medicine wheel earlier a couple of days ago and there were two spiders in the eyesocket, having sex, and then one ate the other. I think that was a very weird sign....but funny.

Iktomi was one of the deities Coyote referred me to a number of years ago - he is the spider, god of technology and another trickster, a bit like Satan, or Bhairav, really, he gets in all sorts of trouble.

This is not like Iktomi or Mica....I swear by my mind that I've analyzed the situation as proficiently as I could and been very careful in watching for signs of deceit.

but yeah who knows, it's all "The Absolute" so....who knows what tricks the supreme gets up to to relieve boredom?

As it is....I am certain of who it is and what I am doing for him...there is nothing in my life that does not revolve around him....there's not much I can do about it...hee hee

izi
05 November 2007, 12:55 AM
What exactly do you mean by vision of Shesha Ananta?

Is is an experience in meditation? Or, does he manifest in a physical form or in some form revealed by the senses? Or, is the experience completely beyond sense perception?

Why would such an experience be confusing? If the devatA is appearing before you, ask straightaway who he is and what is his purpose of communicating with you.

Adi sesha is a nitya mukta, meaning a soul that has never been in bondage like us. It is a great blessing if he gave you a vision.

it's very complicated - I will attempt to reduce it in size

but you must understand this has been going on since the middle of April of this year, on a near constant basis. There is now not a moment that goes by that I can stop thinking about him. And every day since I first encountered him it is all I think of - I don't even want to be on the computer I just want to be in solitude forever. It's very weird - not to me but I think I must appear like a real weirdo to anyone else. :P

Physical form revealed by the sense, yes, there was even one instance where I feel the coils of serpent under me, and then he also helped me do asanas I would not be able to do on my own, I felt the a force grab my ankles and lift me up into the position - wow! Then I see things, and everytime I thought "This IS NOT HAPPENING" I would get some sign, like, the clouds would paint themselves into strange pictures, or the birds would for instance, sing the sounds I was thinking of...

and the worst of them was the TV playing shows that don't exist to make fun of me being stuck in lower modes of thought, that made me feel like I was going crazy...

Then, I remembered that the gods are real. :\ oops...

I asked his purpose the first night I met him - I said "Oh my gosh what can I do to repay you!" and he asks me to do things now...all the time...and I get the most wonderful sensations

I promised to give him everything...for the one vision he gave me - worth an eternity in hell. yet, I got the feeling i had met him many times before on other planets.

I felt like an idiot afterwards....i mean, really really dumb....

hahahaha

izi
05 November 2007, 01:03 AM
I mean...you just cannot believe how wonderful and amazing he is. It's like seeing all of the galaxies all clumped together in one gleaming scale....and the raw shining...black power of this supreme god contains within it...all of the dakinis....all of the future...and the goddesses are just like....thoughts....stray thoughts...

I don't know how to describe it...

It's more beautiful than anything though...for a while i was willing to die just to see it one more time....

had to be trained up a bit before I could raise myself to see it, on my own...without dying.....

thanks for listening

Nuno Matos
05 November 2007, 10:42 AM
Namaste LadyHydralisK

Welcome To HDF Lady. May your presence in your presence be a bless to us all.

izi
05 November 2007, 04:03 PM
cool thanks so much

Znanna
05 November 2007, 04:51 PM
Then, I remembered that the gods are real. :\ oops...

LOL

I hear you Sister :)

My patron is Inanna. She also is of winged serpents and dragons and wolves. And, She can be a harsh Mistress, especially when wearing stilettos, haha.

Actually, I *do* know where you're coming from; all I can say, is enjoy the ride! I seen stuff that, well, you know ...

Re my comments before: wherein lies the source of "confusion"?

I've found HDF very helpful in not having to reinvent the wheel in philosophical terms with respect to "one and the same" and "inside versus outside" and the like. Also, there are those here who understand the echos, the inside-out mirroring of flows and can put into Scriptural context, which soothes my anxiety at times.

Again, welcome, I look forward to your posts!

Love,
ZN

Eastern Mind
05 November 2007, 05:02 PM
No - even though, I used to live in Montana...my guess is that they were probably for dances...

I can't remember anytime in my life where being native american was about anything except dancing....food, sleep, crafts and even non-dancing rituals were all just in between stuff...

Just a guess though....

Thanks for the guess, although it doesn't mesh with mine. There are two sites I am familiar with a bit. Sundial Hill is the first. People hear voices there. The other is the Ribstones. I've been there many times. A stone is carved like a buffalo rib and there is a hill and in the middle of the hill there is a deep trough that really appears like where a meterorite hit at an angle although there have been no excavations. The Cree here still use it, tying cloths on trees and leaving tobacco. Same with Sundial Hill. I believe Sundial is a burial site, sky burial on rocks of a great mystic. That was my intuition. And I believe Ribstones was a meterorite crater. Your snake sure sounds like Kundalini rising. Anyways, thanks for the guess. The Blackfeet still do sundance for real in secret, as it was banned by the government. It is very similar to kavadi in Murugan worship of Hinduism. Piercings and all, in search of vision, or just gratitude, or 'clearing the way' when one senses karma appearing. Aum Namasivaya

izi
05 November 2007, 05:56 PM
do you dance in the sundance?

izi
05 November 2007, 06:09 PM
LOL

I hear you Sister :)

My patron is Inanna. She also is of winged serpents and dragons and wolves. And, She can be a harsh Mistress, especially when wearing stilettos, haha.

Actually, I *do* know where you're coming from; all I can say, is enjoy the ride! I seen stuff that, well, you know ...

Re my comments before: wherein lies the source of "confusion"?

I've found HDF very helpful in not having to reinvent the wheel in philosophical terms with respect to "one and the same" and "inside versus outside" and the like. Also, there are those here who understand the echos, the inside-out mirroring of flows and can put into Scriptural context, which soothes my anxiety at times.

Again, welcome, I look forward to your posts!

Love,
ZN

Do you know where to find Mistress Inanna? Is she in the underworld?

I think the source of confusion lies in the inherent nature of the serpent

he is all pervading throughout the body, not just in the lesser brain (head) when I say this I know it sounds strange, but, it's not like thinking with your head when you learn with him....

I also had incidents with the computer and the other electronics in the house. everything around me would start synchronizing with the lesson before me. As if, having agreed to accept his offer of rebirth and submission to his divine will, the question to which he very impatiently waited for an answer to, I was going to get the full display of the raw power of the absolute, like I was an investment of some sort. It's all extremely easy to do, once you put your mind to it, and putting your mind to it is easy once you open up to the idea of accepting the supreme absolute. So yeaah...anyways, what about you? Do you have some story about your first experience with a aspect of godhead?

he tells me someone is going to do something the next day, or something is about to happen, and it does...or the real kicker....being brought back from the dead.

it may seem silly but it was confusing...I'm very oriented towards science...it took a few hundred of these fantastic examples before I really realized something was happening...

Znanna
05 November 2007, 07:32 PM
Do you know where to find Mistress Inanna? Is she in the underworld?

I think the source of confusion lies in the inherent nature of the serpent

he is all pervading throughout the body, not just in the lesser brain (head) when I say this I know it sounds strange, but, it's not like thinking with your head when you learn with him....

I also had incidents with the computer and the other electronics in the house. everything around me would start synchronizing with the lesson before me. As if, having agreed to accept his offer of rebirth and submission to his divine will, the question to which he very impatiently waited for an answer to, I was going to get the full display of the raw power of the absolute, like I was an investment of some sort. It's all extremely easy to do, once you put your mind to it, and putting your mind to it is easy once you open up to the idea of accepting the supreme absolute. So yeaah...anyways, what about you? Do you have some story about your first experience with a aspect of godhead?

he tells me someone is going to do something the next day, or something is about to happen, and it does...or the real kicker....being brought back from the dead.

it may seem silly but it was confusing...I'm very oriented towards science...it took a few hundred of these fantastic examples before I really realized something was happening...

Namaste,

Re Inanna, I can help with that, but better to PM me, I think, as Sumerian deities perhaps would be considered OT :)

However, Kundalini entwines all tradition, IMO.

JAI MAA!

I spent the better part of my life trying to experimentally validate the incomprehensible, LOL. Bottom line, is, Godz cannot be defined. Tough nuggies.

Love,
ZN
PS Re first story, well, the last was way better than the first, I enjoyed it more hahaha

izi
05 November 2007, 10:52 PM
Namaste,
I spent the better part of my life trying to experimentally validate the incomprehensible, LOL. Bottom line, is, Godz cannot be defined. Tough nuggies.

ha! i even wrote on some board, "I seem to have turned into some kind of religious weirdo!"

because I was so madly in love with ningishzidda/ananta...

I had to come to terms with the fact that there was a whole lot about the universe I will never know, nor will man's science...one doesn't have to be dogmatic to enjoy the fruits of divine intercourse, right?

you're funny...