PDA

View Full Version : Sankranti of Guru (Jupiter)

yajvan
08 November 2007, 12:52 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

On the 22 of November at 5:04 AM ( Varanasi, India) Guru (Jupiter) will enter Sagittarius. This is called its ingress, samkranti and some write sankranti. This is a Thursday owned by Guru and the rasi that Guru transits into is Sagittarius or Dhanuh [or Dhanu]. Sagittarius is the natural 9th house (bhava) of Bha Chakara or of the Zodiac. This 9th house is also owned by Guru, a trinal position of the natural zodiac.

Jupiter is known as Guru and Brihaspiti. From a Devi perspective Jupiter is Sri Tara.

What is beautiful about this position is Guru will be in its Moolatrikona position from 0° to 10° Sagittarius. This is the position where Guru does his work, as if he is in his office with his actions, and list of 'to-do's' to accomplish i.e. more formal; hence dharma will be at the forefront.

Note that for those that have been experiencing some negative influnce of Sani's transit to Leo (Simha) , Jupiter should help alleviate some of these influence ( IMHO) as Guru will directly aspect Leo. Jupiter aspects the trines to itself the 5th and 9th houses from its position in Sagittarius with 100% graha dristi.. It also aspects a few more houses with rasi dristi ( dristi from the house to house). That is the other rasi's of Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and of course the rasi that Guru is in on the 22 Nov, Sagittarius.

There is also another aspect called argula. This argula is intervention. My teacher calls it a 'bolt' - it influences the affairs of other houses.

So, Argula happens on the 2nd , 4th and 11th houses from the house in question. In this case, Guru in Dhanuh has argula on the 2nd, 4th and 11th houses from its position, hence Guru brings argula to Capricorn, Pisces, and Libra.

Note that rasi dristi (house to house ) has a small influnce , Graha dristi ( from the planet to the other graha's in houses) have more concrete influnce. In this case Guru has graha dristi on the 5th and 9th houses from it, and why I suggested some relief from Sani in Leo, it also gives Leo Rasi Dristi ( or sign to sign aspect).

And the argula influnce contributes to the outcomes and indications of the matters signified by the houses receiving argula. So there is:

Subha-argula - beneficial intervention
Papa-argula - malefic interventionSince Guru is a natural benefic, one can expect Subha-argula; Yet if Guru in your natal chart is the owner of a malefic house e.g. 8th or 6th, etc. The benefics will be modified. Is there other types of argula ? Yes, but let's wait on this.

What are the karaka's of Guru i.e. its signification?

Ones guru both formal and informal; both in the flesh and spiritually
Intelligence or dhi shakti
Shastras and knowledge
Virtue and Dharma - as Dhanuh is a fiery sign, this dharma is that if discipline and control
Faith and religion
Devotion
Prosperity and expansion
Guru owns the mahabhuta of akasha ( my favorite) so expansion is the order of the day
Guru owns the most auspicious direction of North East. ( look for good things to come from this direction)These are a few things to be aware of. Perhaps the other Jyotisha's and sisya's would like to add depth and breath to this post and expand the qualities, benefits of this transit and perhaps the challenges also.

What would be a challenge? As Guru owns akasha and expansion, excessive Jupiter influence can being obese-ess, due to owning sweet taste (rasa), hence the possibility for diabetes if Jupiter is excessive + gaseous anomalies, and the like. Yet I prefer to View Guru as one of the most satvic graha's we have that is for the upliftment of the family of man.

Vyasa muni's mantra for Jupiter/Guru
Devanaam cha risinaam cha gurum kañchana-sannibhham
Buddhibhutam tri-lokesham tam namami brihaspatim

Are there other mantras/japa and prathana? Sure. We can add more if there is interest.

Jupiter/Guru/Sri Tara/Brihaspati will be in this rasi till 9-10th of December, 2008;
This new 2008 location is considered a debilitated position for Guru in Capricorn ( owned by Sani) and is not favorable overall. More when that time comes... for now, a good time to make hay while the sun shines.

pranams,

Nuno Matos
08 November 2007, 01:47 PM
Namaste Yajvan

" Jupiter is known as Guru and a Brihaspiti. From a Devi perspective Jupiteris Sri Tara."

Hi Yajvan my Vedic sign is Jupiter or Guru!

" What is beautiful about this position is Guru will be in its Moolatrikona position from 0° to 10° Sagittarius. This is the position where Guru does his work, as if he is in his office with his actions, and list of 'to-do's' to accomplish i.e. more formal; hence dharma will be at the forefront."

How do you think the above said about guru position will influence me from a Jyoti prespective?

Om namah Shivaya

yajvan
08 November 2007, 03:02 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan

" Jupiter is known as Guru and a Brihaspiti. From a Devi perspective Jupiteris Sri Tara."

Hi Yajvan my Vedic sign is Jupiter or Guru!

" What is beautiful about this position is Guru will be in its Moolatrikona position from 0° to 10° Sagittarius. This is the position where Guru does his work, as if he is in his office with his actions, and list of 'to-do's' to accomplish i.e. more formal; hence dharma will be at the forefront."

How do you think the above said about guru position will influence me from a Jyoti perspective? Om namah Shivaya

Namaste Nuno,
Guru is a graha yes? a ~ planet if you will.(Not really but lets use the word planet for graha). Your sign [ some call rasi] traditionally is considered the house that was on the horizon at the time of your birth.

So perhaps you are saying at your birth, the sign (s) owned by Guru, is Sagittarius or Pisces and one of them was rising ; this is called the Lagna. This Lagna is pronounced lug-na, is short for [B]Lagnam or 'attached to'.
As your time of birth and the position is attached to that specific degree° of a sign that was rising on your birth (janma) date.

Where that graha is placed is also of key import - as its called the paka lagna. I mention this as to say what is in store for you based upon one graha is to suggest one knows the state of the natives finances based upon one bank transaction.

The Jyotishi needs to know the state of all the grahas e.g. if neecha or debilitated, uchcha or exalted, in moolatrikona, etc. and if these grahas are in a friends house (mitra) or enemy (sateu) or even natural (sama).

This info above + looking at ones atmakaraka is key before considering notion of predictions... for info on atmakaraka , joytish,etc. please consider the following posts:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=742
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=748

Also - Nuno, if I do not answer additional questions for a day or two not to worry. It is the tradition of our parampara to not discuss Jyotish during the very dark part of the month e.g. night of chaturdasi, amavayasa, and part of pratipada.

pranams

yajvan
12 November 2007, 04:23 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Nuno,
Guru is a graha yes? a ~ planet if you will. (Not really but lets use the word planet for graha).

Namaste,
I thought this would be worth a paragrah or two. When we mention graha one thinks of the physical planet. That is fine, yet this notion of graha needs one more click down on it.

graha or ग्रह from a Jyotish orientation is that which seizes, takes hold of, seizing , laying hold of. The graha takes hold or seizes and influences the natives behaviors and influences his actions, and hence influences the outcomes of actions.

Well who am I that says this? just some sisya (student) that is giving an opinion. We find this in the shastras. This Bha Chakra is the source for all things on this earth and meters out these experiences to all things on this earth. So says the Satapatha brahmana, or the Brahmana of 100 paths:
katama ädityä iti. dvädaça mäsäù
Saàvatsarasyaita ädityä ete hédaà
sarvamädadänä yanti tadyadidaà
sarvamädadänä yanti tasmädädityä iti.

Translation: We speak of the aditya. The twelve masa (months) that make a savatsara (year) are aditya.
They are the source of every material creation causing desire, delight, passion, intoxication, exhilaration and stupor as well as the desire that causes wars and fighting. They are the source of everything that is ever received for they alone are the givers of everything and hence they are the aditya.

Krsna [Hrsikesa] talks of Himself entering the Grahas in the Gita (Chapt 10 &11).

It is Guru, Brihaspiti that is one of the most sattvic graha's. I am in hopes this transit will prove beneficial for all.

pranams,