PDA

View Full Version : Why am I getting double posting?

Ram
04 May 2006, 02:03 PM
Satay,

I think some of my posts are getting duplicated, though I seem to submit only once. Sometimes I get a "Page Not Found" after posting, but the message is already posted. Is this a general problem or experienced only by a few?

ramkish42
04 May 2006, 02:23 PM
I too faced this many times, once I get page not found, I tried with refreshing the page to find what has happened actually.

Before the browser process shows the action is completed, post gets submitted, hence, few moments before the browser process status completes, if the system does not respond well in terms of speed, we might press the submit button again which results in double post

This is my experience

vedic_kings
04 May 2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah im getting logout alot within the last 2 hours. I have notic that the site is a little slow, like 30 to 50 sce to load a post, and im on cable 3mb, but its not a big deal really.

satay
04 May 2006, 05:15 PM
namaste,
Sorry to hear this but yes there seems to an ongoing intermitten problem here. I believe the problem is with the hosting company. Sometimes I find the site very responsive and at other times slow. I have talked to them several times and they always seem to be having problems with their servers. e.g. today the database server was down. They have assured me that this does not happen often and that they are just experiencing some problems at this moment.

Double posting happens exactly the way Ramkish explained it. Please be patient and do not click the submit button twice.

There also might be some things I can do to optimize the backend database. I will check this as well.