PDA

View Full Version : It's How One Views The World...

yajvan
11 November 2007, 04:04 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

namaste,

Many times one wonders - I look around and see diversity , duality. Yet the shastras say all this One Being; The nature of this Being is bliss, infinity and without duality. So, one scratches their head and says 'must be a metaphor of some sort' They must be talking in symbols'.

Yet from my studies, peoples personal experiences, and from my teacher's conversations, the world does change for the native that is having higher consciousness experiences. Yet they live in the same world that you and I live in, yet their perceptions of this creation is different. Their nervous system ( a.k.a. the village of the senses) operate differently.

Let me give you an example... years ago stereo-grams or graphic illustrations where popular. They demonstrate the shift in perception people can make...a technique. The muni's say the same, there is a permanent shift in ones view of creation.

Take a look at this site: http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo51.htm you will see a stereogram example I picked. It is the symbol of infinity or ∞ that is nested in this picture. With the proper seeing technique it will pop out as if it was 3D. It is made of the same pattern that you see as the rest of the picture - its not of different fabric, but once viewed using a perception technique the object is most apparent, not hidden and gives the notion of 3D space on your computer.

NOTE - the site says to stare at the picture intently; for me, I have learned it works to relax and slightly cross the eyes a bit and really NOT focus intently only stops me from viewing the object... Works each time.

Let see you can see the ∞ . Like that the muni's say the world changes, looks different. Because perception of what is Reality is now in the forefront.

Perhaps for those that have friends, teachers, guru's , books (e.g. Yogananda'ji's book) or your own personal experience, may wish to comment on this matter and what the experience has been.

Please comment if you care to... can you see anything in the picture?

pranams,

yajvan
11 November 2007, 09:39 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

I thought to add this graphic http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo1.htm
AS what one finds, one you know the technique there is nothing special youhave to do. Just looking at the picture one see the images that are embedded. No strain, no staring, or crossing the eyes.

Like that, when one's perceptions change when experiencing the world , there is no need for any special meditations or techniques...being established in Reality one then says... 'are you sure you do not see what I see- it is not hard , its all in front of you'.

pranams,