PDA

View Full Version : Om Asathoma

Soul
06 December 2007, 07:26 PM
Om Asathoma Satgamaya
Thamasoma jyotirgamaya
Mrityorma amritan gamaya
Om Shantih, shantih, shantih...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHkztv2AX4&eurl=http://souljourney.zaadz.com/blog/friends

Lead me from the unreal to the real
Lead me from darkness to light
Lead me from death to immortality
Om, peace, peace, peace...

sarabhanga
07 December 2007, 02:14 AM
Namaste Soul,

And Happy Birthday :)

You may appreciate this thread: asato mA (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7488)

Soul
07 December 2007, 03:03 AM
Thank you Sarabhanga giri...

Love the thread, Thank you ....

It's a funny thing watching the body getting older( I guess 'older' is just a concept, it's really just getting more vata)) and yet feeling more and more (in more moments than I used to ) the timelessness of being.... ageless...

Lead me from death to immortality to me means, lead me from the idea of a separate 'person' dying , to the realization that I am immortal, not the body, but awareness or consciousness... That which I truly am...We all truly are...

Just thoughts...

Hari Om,
Soul

atanu
07 December 2007, 08:35 AM
From where does the "I' thought come...
Go to That...

Namaste Soul,

It seems that going there is not too difficult. But staying there?

Om

Soul
07 December 2007, 04:22 PM
Namaste Soul,

It seems that going there is not too difficult. But staying there?

Om

Namaste Atanu,

If I listen to or follow the thought that staying there is difficult, then I am caught in the illusion again...

Hari Om,
Soul

atanu
08 December 2007, 02:04 AM
Namaste Atanu,

If I listen to or follow the thought that staying there is difficult, then I am caught in the illusion again...

Hari Om,
Soul

Namaste,

Regards. Excellent. The thought is the bondage.

Om

atanu
10 December 2007, 10:29 PM
Namaste Atanu,

Hari Om,
Soul

Namaste Soul,

A time lapse happened automatically.

See, if you have to go to that then you have to stay there, else you may come back.

The final teaching of Maharshi is to Be. For me however, going and coming apply and thus there must be effort to stay there.

Om

Soul
10 December 2007, 11:38 PM
Namaste Soul,

A time lapse happened automatically.

See, if you have to go to that then you have to stay there, else you may come back.

The final teaching of Maharshi is to Be. For me however, going and coming apply and thus there must be effort to stay there.

Om
Namaste,

Sarabhanga Giri....
I also wanted to say thanks for your post as I had the spelling of asato mA (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7488)
wrong...

Atanu...
I wonder if it takes effort not to simply be. It is so natural to just be.... In my past experience, and recent past, so much energy has been lost in identification with a separate "I"... It's so tiring....
I think I know what you mean though.. effort or awareness to see we are caught in duality... It can be like effort because we are going against the habit to think and behave as if we were separate, as though the ego sense is real...

(Ha, Ha... I made a spelling mistake , but corrected it.... I wrote vego instead of ego...:laugh: )

Maybe effortless effort...

Soul

atanu
11 December 2007, 01:12 AM
Namaste,

-Atanu...
I wonder if it takes effort not to simply be. Maybe effortless effort...

Soul

Namaste Soul,

As far as I am concerned, the wandering mind requires conscious exhortation to remain in place.

Maharshi has indeed taught that "There is effort now but in time the effort will seem unnatural".

Om

Soul
11 December 2007, 04:29 PM
Namaste Soul,
As far as I am concerned, the wandering mind requires conscious exhortation to remain in place.
Maharshi has indeed taught that "There is effort now but in time the effort will seem unnatural".
Om

Namaste Atanu,

Yes, there needs to be constant awareness, and as you say "the mind requires constant exhortation to remain in place", in my experience also.
The more this is practiced it gets easier. well I'm finding it is getting easier.

Thank-you for posting Ramana Maharishis words. May the time come where effort seems unnatural for us both... and for all reading this :)

Soul

yajvan
11 December 2007, 05:21 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Soul,

Om

namaste atanu [ and hello Soul!]
when it 'remains in place' - where is it? and what is its nature?

pranams,

atanu
11 December 2007, 11:52 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~
namaste atanu [ and hello Soul!]
when it 'remains in place' - where is it? and what is its nature?

pranams,

Namaste Yajvan,

It is here, inside my awareness -- from where the I awareness springs.

When thoughts of I become attenuated and vanish, I become/becomes a song or the sunlight. Instead of me being IN the world as a discrete entity, different from all other entities, the world remains IN consciousness, which is this body and the song and the sun and the awareness that knows/sees all these.

The above describes merely touching the place.

Om