PDA

View Full Version : Vishnu and Krsna's heaven different?

Atman
09 December 2007, 12:10 PM
I am a little bit confused- one site I read says in Vishnu's realm there are 3 lokams worlds of AmOdham , PramOdham and SammOdham, of which Sri Vaikuntham is superior. Now do they mean the casual ocean of Mahavishnu prakruthi mandalam- or do they mean Narayana's localised Vaikuntha within the material world?
:confused:

TatTvamAsi
21 January 2008, 01:28 PM
I am a little bit confused- one site I read says in Vishnu's realm there are 3 lokams worlds of AmOdham , PramOdham and SammOdham, of which Sri Vaikuntham is superior. Now do they mean the casual ocean of Mahavishnu prakruthi mandalam- or do they mean Narayana's localised Vaikuntha within the material world?
:confused:

I suppose you meant "causal" ocean and not "casual" ocean? ;)

Also, all these differentiations only give rise to disputes, doubt, and ultimately dissatisfaction. The only truth, or absolute reality, is Brahman. Everything else is transient and impermanent. End of story.
-Aum Shanti.

Sri Vaishnava
22 January 2008, 07:22 AM
Only Vaikuntha is the Supreme abode. The Gaudiya views of multiple Lokas such as Goloka and Rama Loka, Narasimha Loka is not supported by satras.

sarabhanga
22 January 2008, 04:14 PM
Namaste Sri Vaishnava,

Only satyaloka (brahmaloka) is the Supreme abode. The dvaita views of multiple lokAs are not supported by vedAnta.

devotee
23 January 2008, 09:14 PM
all these differentiations only give rise to disputes, doubt, and ultimately dissatisfaction. The only truth, or absolute reality, is Brahman. Everything else is transient and impermanent. End of story.

Excellent ! Well said !! :)

The difference in Lokas, the forms & names of God are creation of mind. They are as true as you believe in it. That way, it is neither true nor Not-true.