PDA

View Full Version : New Logo

satay
20 March 2006, 10:56 AM
We need a new logo for our forums. Anyone here with some artistic abilities? Send me a pm.

satay

Namo Narayana
20 March 2006, 12:49 PM
We need a new logo for our forums. Anyone here with some artistic abilities? Send me a pm.

satay

Propose a theme Satay

satay
21 March 2006, 03:43 PM
I am thinking something along the lines of this. See attachment...
but obviously with our text and pictures on it. :)

Namo Narayana
21 March 2006, 10:45 PM
Satay, I am not able to get your idea since this forum and the bikeforum are drastically different. I think we should incorporate a flash with richness.

Sudarshan
22 March 2006, 02:06 AM
Convey the idea of - "The whole universe is a family", that best describes Sanatana Dharma.

sarabhanga
22 March 2006, 06:58 PM
Dharmacakra! :)

Namo Narayana
23 March 2006, 08:01 PM
I kinda imagine mix both sudharshan and sarabhanga said. to show Bharatiya i would display 4 religions born in india hindu, buddhist,jain,sikh , show their deities in a merging fashion and show a confluence at the end and roll it over like a wheel ( dharma chakra ) move it right to left and spread out into a world map. and then slowly say satyam sivam sundaram or some nice wording like that.

satay
24 March 2006, 09:57 AM
I kinda imagine mix both sudharshan and sarabhanga said. to show Bharatiya i would display 4 religions born in india hindu, buddhist,jain,sikh , show their deities in a merging fashion and show a confluence at the end and roll it over like a wheel ( dharma chakra ) move it right to left and spread out into a world map. and then slowly say satyam sivam sundaram or some nice wording like that.

Nice! I like this, let's explore this a bit further.

We have a dharma chakra (animated rolling) (nothing else on it yet) then after about second roll, OM starts to appear from the center of it, then the hindu trimurti one by one...signifying that to escape from the wheel one has to meditate of OM or the deities...After trimurti we go to other images of god and then finally to the deities of other religions (sikhism, buddha, jains). All of these pictures will appear and kind of look like 'morphing' in to the background as the new one appears the old one morphs... on the right hand side a 'hindu' family simply sitting with hands folded; a father, mother, a boy and a girl...

something like that?

Now, how are going to get this done? I need images and someone who can do this type of animation. I have a friend who is a graphics guy, I might run this by him and see how much it will cost him in time if it is possible to do to begin with.

satay

sarabhanga
24 March 2006, 06:57 PM
Namaste,

Keep the Logo simple and elegant.

If we examine the divine vehicle: the earth is Vishva or Tamas, the wheel is Taijasa or Rajas, and the carriage is Prajna or Sattva.

The dark controller is Krishna ~ and He is the mysterious Turiya ~ and He is the Kashyapa (Lord of the reins or rays).

For all Hindus, the Kashyapa is Brahman.
For Sauras, that Kashyapa is Surya.
For Shaivas, that Kashyapa is Rudra Shiva.
For Vaishnavas, that Kashyapa is Krishna.
For Jainas, that Kashyapa is Neminatha.
For Bauddhas, that Kashyapa is Gautama.
For Jews, that Kashyapa is Yaweh or Jehovah.
For Christians, that Kashyapa is Christ.
For Muslims, that Kashyapa is Allah.
For Pagans, that Kashyapa is Pan.

Jews, Muslims, and Protestant Christians, however, are very strict about the unimaginability of absolute God-head (i.e. Advaita, the One), and they would prefer that any image of the driver can only be an image of the Prophet or Guru. In which case, an image of Shri Krishna can only be one of Abraham or Mohamad or Jesus.

This ancient dark secret is the source of various old Christian icons and stories of a dark-skinned Jesus Christ. And it is clear that Christians have discarded the dark jewel in favour of the light jewel, and that Satan is only Christ in the dark!

Jews have never accepted the Christian idea of all darkness being absolutely separated from all light, and they understand that God's beard is variegated with dark rays and light rays emerging from the one face of the one God who can never be divided in truth.

Mahadeva!

Namo Narayana
24 March 2006, 09:58 PM
Sarabhanga, Why I suggested is these days flash images are pretty iconic and very good as appearance. I suggested my opinion as an expression of idea. there will be few people who would understand the meaning of a simple thing you describe. Am I wrong ?

Satay, we can also show different pictures of all types of hindus fading in and out. like south indians north indians, western hindus etc.

sarabhanga
24 March 2006, 10:20 PM
Namaste,

The divine carriage, with Dharmacakras rotating and the Kashyapa (in all his diversity) proudly manifested, is not such a simple idea !

Eternal Law
25 March 2006, 10:16 AM
I think some nice, attractive symbol of AUM is best for a logo. As Namo Narayan suggested we can also show different pictures of Western and Indian Hindus. But i think attractive flash of AUM should be adjusted with such an image.

sarabhanga
27 March 2006, 10:56 PM
Namaste Everyone,

Here is a suggestion for the Forum Logo :)

Eternal Law
28 March 2006, 04:37 AM
Thats nice pic but i suggest not to use Saffron colour for AUM (it's looks as if thats a man made attempt to create AUM on that hill).....Keep it original white snow.

sarabhanga
28 March 2006, 05:01 AM
“That hill” happens to be Shri Kailasa !

Here is another version with white snow.

Namo Narayana
28 March 2006, 08:57 AM
Sarabhanga , it looks pretty creative. om shown on himalayas. we can put something for now and keep discussing and later change if we have some new ideas.

satay
28 March 2006, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the logo...
I have placed it on the site as you can see...
suggestions:
1. can we change the color of hindu dharma forums text to something else...right now some text can not be read properly.
2. the size, I changed it to 155*69 to make it smaller because the original size logo was way too big and leaving a lot of empty space on top of the forums.
3. can we change the size of the logo to stretch to the rest of the forum width? I know if I do this html it will distort the image and it will look horrible.

See attached with what I had in mind...something like this bike logo as far as size is concerned...this is what we need...

satay

Eternal Law
28 March 2006, 12:35 PM

Thats Aum Parvat in the Himalaya (on the way to Shri Kailasha ).:)

sarabhanga
28 March 2006, 07:20 PM
Namaste,

I had imagined that the logo would replace the little folder icon inside the top frame next to the words “Hindu Dharma Forums”. I had assumed that the image would have to be reduced, and I posted it larger only for easier examination.

In a thumbnail sized image, I think the colored OM looks better. The exact color can easily be adjusted. And I have another negative image that is quite striking (with a more golden OM).

The text can be any color of the rainbow (either alone or in any combination) ~ what do you suggest? The opposite of the surrounding sky color (or almost any darker shade) would be the most clearly defined.

I had not realized that you wanted something to spread across the top of the page, and that will have to be something quite different (although possibly incorporating the Adi-Kailasa image).

An animated image or flash presentation is also possible ~ all we need is to select the component images and I can pass them on to a sympathetic programmer. :)

sarabhanga
28 March 2006, 08:03 PM
Om Parvata is Adi or Adhi Kailasa; and Adi Kailasa is Bala or Bhalla Kailasa.

Kailasa is Shiva, and Adi or Bala Kailasa is Ganesha.

Like Father, like Son !

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
28 March 2006, 08:06 PM
I think so far it looks like a pretty good forum logo. We should still keep brainstorming to see if there are better ones as well. Namaskaar. ;) ~BYS~

sarabhanga
29 March 2006, 06:50 AM
Namaste,

Here are 3 variations ~ any preferences or suggestions?

devisarada
29 March 2006, 07:15 AM
Namaste Sarabhanga,

I like number 3. Is that Mount Kailash?

sarabhanga
29 March 2006, 09:38 PM
Namaste,

Here is a suggestion for a strip logo:

satay
30 March 2006, 12:35 AM
Namaste,

Here is a suggestion for a strip logo:

namaste,
I like this logo and I have placed it on the site.
In the meantime, today I spoke to a web designer friend of mine. He is very good. He is going to do the color scheme of saffron for us changing all colors and shades with the proper tint and gradients. He is also going to modify all the icons and images to match with the saffron theme.
Early next week, we are going to discuss ideas about the top logo that will match with the overall scheme of colors.

I might need your help in collecting some images for the logo theme.

thanks for all your help!
satay

sarabhanga
30 March 2006, 03:04 AM
Namaste Satay,

The colors can easily be adjusted to match any background.
And the logo backgound, by the way, comes from the ancient walls of Shri Shailam (AP).

Namo Narayana
30 March 2006, 08:01 AM
Namaste Satay,

The colors can easily be adjusted to match any background.
And the logo backgound, by the way, comes from the ancient walls of Shri Shailam (AP).

Sarabhanga, the logo is absolutely amazing. Great work. if we collect a bunch of pictures like this we can make a flash slide show.

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
01 April 2006, 01:59 AM
This logo is really awesome! I still would very much like to see an AUM somewhere in our logo, however. Namaskaar. :) ~BYS~

Eternal Law
01 April 2006, 02:58 AM
Indeed an awesome logo!
I too think an attractive AUM flash is a must for this forum.

sarabhanga
01 April 2006, 04:53 AM
Namaste,

I am pleased that everyone seems to like the logo.

Here are another couple of variations (including OM) :)

sarabhanga
03 April 2006, 02:16 AM
And some versions without the OM:

sarabhanga
03 April 2006, 02:18 AM
And two more:

sarabhanga
03 April 2006, 02:20 AM
And just one more:

satay
03 April 2006, 09:18 AM
namaste,
thanks for the new logos. I will be getting the site color scheme shortly from our site designer and then we will experiment with these logos to see which one fits best.
thanks, excellent work!

satay

vedic_kings
05 May 2006, 01:49 AM
Heres one I came up with:)

But I like sarabhanga as well, nice work man!

satay
05 May 2006, 02:14 AM
Heres one I came up with:)

But I like sarabhanga as well, nice work man!

neat...I tried it on the site but it is too small in size. I don't have any program that will resize it.

the current logo by sarabhanga is 863 * 69 (pixels). see if you can resize it without loosing any details...

Thanks a lot!!

vedic_kings
05 May 2006, 02:50 AM
neat...I tried it on the site but it is too small in size. I don't have any program that will resize it.

the current logo by sarabhanga is 863 * 69 (pixels). see if you can resize it without loosing any details...

Thanks a lot!!

hmm.. to small? its 863 x 200 pixels. 69 is not a whole lot of room to work with.

I resize it, but had to remove the "welcome to the" as there is no room for it right now.

So I hope it still looks nice. I could just make a new one using the size, so everything will fit.

vedic_kings
05 May 2006, 02:52 PM
Heres one done in 3d.

satay
05 May 2006, 03:00 PM
neat...I will try them out this weekend...

vedic_kings
05 May 2006, 03:13 PM
Cool:)

Looking forward to it.

satay
07 May 2006, 11:16 AM
Just experimenting with the logos vedic king provided. I also have the site and all images in a different color. But I can't find the time to import all these changes in...
eventually...
please provide feedback on the logo

anewa
07 May 2006, 03:25 PM
this new logo feels good in my solar plexes thanks anewa

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
07 May 2006, 03:29 PM
Namaskaar. I really like this logo. But I wouldn't mind having that AUM on Mt. Everest in there somewhere. :) ~BYS~

vedic_kings
07 May 2006, 03:39 PM
If its ok with sarabhanga and satay, as well as everyone else, I could place the Mt. Everest AUM in there somewhere:)

Or satay could use the Mt. Everest AUM somewhere else on this forum. Can we have the forums logo change from page to page or something?

satay
07 May 2006, 05:23 PM
If its ok with sarabhanga and satay, as well as everyone else, I could place the Mt. Everest AUM in there somewhere:)

Or satay could use the Mt. Everest AUM somewhere else on this forum. Can we have the forums logo change from page to page or something?

Changing the site logo from page to page will take some custom programming of the site...possible but not useful to do. The site logo right now is a global logo and to change it I only change it in one place in the code/settings.

Vedic_king, I am going to pm you in the next days...I want to see how long it will take for you to change all 'images' of the site to the color you are using in the logo (the light reddish/yellowish color) and if we can change our burgandy color theme to match the colors of the logo...wait for my pm...I will explain better and you can give me estimate on the work and what it will cost me etc. to get it done.

vedic_kings
07 May 2006, 07:09 PM
Changing the site logo from page to page will take some custom programming of the site...possible but not useful to do. The site logo right now is a global logo and to change it I only change it in one place in the code/settings.

Vedic_king, I am going to pm you in the next days...I want to see how long it will take for you to change all 'images' of the site to the color you are using in the logo (the light reddish/yellowish color) and if we can change our burgandy color theme to match the colors of the logo...wait for my pm...I will explain better and you can give me estimate on the work and what it will cost me etc. to get it done.

I would love to help with the over all color of the theme!

I'll wait for your pm:)

vedic_kings
07 May 2006, 08:08 PM
just playing with idea for background, but im not sure you can use image as a background?

I just took look Z and added a background, which is of many sanskrit from the Bhagavad Gita and some others, not sure what they are, as I don't read sanskrit, but I do plan to learn it someday:)

http://star.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/Z2.jpg

Singhi Kaya
07 May 2006, 09:13 PM
Very very nice ~ Satay should have hired you;)

satay
07 May 2006, 09:58 PM
alright, this background just blew me away!! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Perfect!!!

vedic_kings
07 May 2006, 10:15 PM
Im glad you guys like it!:)

I could do some other stuff to if you like.

sarabhanga
08 May 2006, 09:08 PM
Namaste VK,
Nice work, but in the Devanagari धर्म the r is missing.

dharma is that which is established or firm, or steadfast decree.
dhama, however, means blowing or melting!

A dhamaka is a blower, or a blacksmith (as blowing the forge); and dhamadhama is a strong blower ~ and the name of a demon that causes disease!

satay
08 May 2006, 09:38 PM
Namaste VK,

A dhamaka is a blower, or a blacksmith (as blowing the forge); and dhamadhama is a strong blower ~ and the name of a demon that causes disease!

yes...nice catch...r is missing of course.

vedic_kings
08 May 2006, 10:16 PM
Namaste VK,

Yup, I see that. The r just went off the logo, I still have the logo in layers in psd format, so I reopen the file and moved things around, so If you like I can upload a new one here.

vedic_kings
08 May 2006, 11:17 PM
What do you guys think of this?

Eternal Law
09 May 2006, 03:44 AM
What do you guys think of this?

Thumbs up

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 09:49 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Eternal:)

Singhi Kaya
09 May 2006, 09:59 AM
double thumns up

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 10:26 AM
double thumns up

Double thanks!:cool:

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 05:54 PM
So this is where im at now.

Please tell me what you all think so far.

http://star.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/site1_copy.jpg

satay
09 May 2006, 05:59 PM
can we blend the logo with the background? anyway, I am not the best person to reply...we will wait until other people who have a better "art eye"...

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 06:13 PM
can we blend the logo with the background? anyway, I am not the best person to reply...we will wait until other people who have a better "art eye"...

Yes I can blend the logo with the background as one image:) I just didn't know if you could do that:D

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 06:47 PM
How about this satay:)

http://star.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/site3_copy.jpg

satay
09 May 2006, 07:18 PM
How about this satay:)

http://star.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/site3_copy.jpg

neat! I love the logo and the background...
but when we put it in production I will need two files one for the logo one for the background...will have to try like that... since in the program there are separate places for these two. or i will try the one background jpg with the logo embeded in it and see if it shows up nicely...

now the burgandy color has to go... and be replaced with something that will match with the logo and background....for these I will need color codes...

vedic_kings
09 May 2006, 07:37 PM
neat! I love the logo and the background...
but when we put it in production I will need two files one for the logo one for the background...will have to try like that... since in the program there are separate places for these two. or i will try the one background jpg with the logo embeded in it and see if it shows up nicely...

now the burgandy color has to go... and be replaced with something that will match with the logo and background....for these I will need color codes...

I sent you the backgroung to tryout:)

I need to understand the color codes:confused:

anewa
09 May 2006, 08:53 PM
:) this is beautiful this really captures the energy of the hindu spirit thank so much for your work it looks and feels good namaste anewa p.s. you rock vedickings josh mcgraw!!!...

vedic_kings
05 September 2006, 12:39 PM
So are we not going to use the logo that I created?

It doesn't really matter to me, I am just wondering.

peace

satay
05 September 2006, 01:56 PM
So are we not going to use the logo that I created?

It doesn't really matter to me, I am just wondering.

peace

namaste,
I tried it but I couldn't really get to work properly. Now, I have a test system where I can test these things out before I publish them on this production site so I will try your logo again. Thanks for the reminder.

indianx
13 September 2006, 07:19 AM
Did you manage to succeed in the testing, Satay? Just wondering because the skin looks really perfect for the forum.

Ablaze
13 September 2006, 02:26 PM
...the skin looks really perfect for the forum.

Yeah, I like it too. It looks sharp. :cool1: Nice work, vedic_kings.