PDA

View Full Version : Intution - How to arrive?

Arvind Sivaraman
16 December 2007, 10:24 PM
Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

I was given to understand that the 9th House plays an important role in Intuition.(ie;Reading Past,Present and Future.)
Any idea is welcome as to how to arrive at the conclusion that an individual has intuition.

yajvan
17 December 2007, 05:59 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.

I was given to understand that the 9th House plays an important role in Intuition.(ie;Reading Past,Present and Future.)
Any idea is welcome as to how to arrive at the conclusion that an individual has intuition.

A great conversation. Lets agree we are (all) talking about the same thing.
This is from Webster:

Intuition
1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2.a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3.a keen and quick insight.
4.the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
5.Philosophy. a.an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object. b.any object or truth so discerned. c.pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.

If this definition fits the bill we can then address it.

I agree that the 9th house indicates intuition. The karaka of the 9th is the Sun , owning 'sight' - both external and internal. And Jupiter, who is also karaka of the 9th, and of wisdom/knowledge.

So sight+wisdom gives insight and perhaps strong intuition ability. You would then think the person with a strong Sun + Jupiter in ones birth chart becomes a good candidate for intuitive strength.

The only real valuable thing is intuition - Albert Einstein

pranams,

Arvind Sivaraman
18 December 2007, 01:54 AM
Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste Yajvan.
I do agree that Sun+Jupiter would play an important role in determining the intuition of the concerned individual.
1)What about Mercury.It is the planet of intellect and clarity of thought.
Also :
2)The following is my own inference.
a)If the Bhadaka of the 9th House Lord is placed in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord the intuition is likely to be there.
b)If the Bhadakesh is in the 12th from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.
c)If the lord of the 22nd Drekkana is in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.
d)The house in which the 22nd Drekkana is placed, if that House Lord is placed in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.

Hari Om
~~~~~

A great conversation. Lets agree we are (all) talking about the same thing.
This is from Webster:

Intuition
1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2.a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3.a keen and quick insight.
4.the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
5.Philosophy. a.an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object. b.any object or truth so discerned. c.pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.

If this definition fits the bill we can then address it.

I agree that the 9th house indicates intuition. The karaka of the 9th is the Sun , owning 'sight' - both external and internal. And Jupiter, who is also karaka of the 9th, and of wisdom/knowledge.

So sight+wisdom gives insight and perhaps strong intuition ability. You would then think the person with a strong Sun + Jupiter in ones birth chart becomes a good candidate for intuitive strength.

The only real valuable thing is intuition - Albert Einstein

pranams,

yajvan
18 December 2007, 09:31 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste Yajvan.
I do agree that Sun+Jupiter would play an important role in determining the intuition of the concerned individual.
1)What about Mercury.It is the planet of intellect and clarity of thought.
Also :
2)The following is my own inference.
a)If the Bhadaka of the 9th House Lord is placed in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord the intuition is likely to be there.
b)If the Bhadakesh is in the 12th from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.
c)If the lord of the 22nd Drekkana is in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.
d)The house in which the 22nd Drekkana is placed, if that House Lord is placed in the 12th House from the 9th House Lord then intuition is likely to be there.

Nasaste Arvind,

you offer some good insights... the 12th from the 9th is the 8th, and a key bhava for spirituality.

The 22nd drekkana ( as you know its pronounced dreshkana) is considered an opposition location in the chart , so I will need to research this a bit to see... its like the 64th navamsa, another sensitive point in the chart.

Regarding intellect and Mercury - yes, clarity of thought. Yet I hesitate to suggest that it plays a core role in intuition. Why so? with intuition it is considered independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

I say this, because if intellect gets in the way, it may rationalize the insight to rubbish. Have you had the experience where an intuitive thought came in, only to be 'talked out of it' by reasoning? Like that, the intellect got engaged.

Yet as the intellect becomes more in tune with the creative impluses it will better serve the native.

Re: Intuition. Many people offer insights that suggest came in a dream¹. Is it not interesting that our eyes are shut yet we are 'seeing' in the mind? The Sun is also at work here too. In-sight comes with the sun.
If Mercury was fully engaged during dreaming, we would no longer be jumping off mountains, flying, going under water for the length of the ocean, flying on birds and dragons, as the intellect would talk us out of it each time.

pranams,

1. Kekule, the German chemist who discovered the structure of the benzene molecule, had worked endlessly to figure it out. Then, in a dream, he saw snakes forming circles with their tales in their mouths. When he awoke, he realized that the benzene molecule, unlike all other known organic compounds, had a circular structure rather than a linear one.

Elias Howe invented the sewing machine. He struggled in 1884 to figure out how the needle could work in a machine for sewing. In a dream, he found himself surrounded by native tribesmen with spears that had a hole in the point. When he woke up, he realized that a needle with a hole in the point would solve his problem.

pranams,

sarabhanga
18 December 2007, 03:11 PM
drekkana is pronounced dreshkana

Namaste Yajvan,

dreSkANa, drekkANa, dRkkANa, and dRkANa, are all acceptable pronunciations.

Eastern Mind
18 December 2007, 05:03 PM
Namaste all:
I know nothing about jyothish, so I can't speak of this and intuition. I do know that on some days, the planets are aligned in such a way that intuition is more likely to happen for everybody. Just more auspicious days.
The way I see the practice of intuition goes something like this: A problem is occurring, or a puzzling observation is occurring, and the mind wants a clearer understanding of the situation. At first you might try to reason it out, but that doesn't work. So you either meditate lightly on it, or better yet, go to a temple and lay it out mentally for the Gods to see. Then go home and forget about it. (This is important because it drops the reasoning (intellect) out of the equation. You just drop it mentally. Then in about 3 days or longer, (God's answers are not usually immediate, like karma is not immediate) in a moment of relaxation (while doing something physical, not mental, right before going to sleep, or right before awakening) you just 'see' the clarity of the whole situation. That, to me is using intuition. My latest example personally was a recent pilgrimage. I'd been putting it off, putting it off, reasoning out good (not really) reasons not to go, yet knew that the time would come. So one evening everything just falls into place. Two family members remind me of the scheme, but I hadn't given it any real thought for months, even years. My work schedule was a 4 day weekend, and I could afford 2 extra days off, so I say "Why not?" and can't think of any good reasons, so I get on the travel sites on the internet, discover a seat sale right away, and with the new technology of credit cards etc., have the whole thing booked in 20 minutes. Three days later we leave on a wonderful pilgrimage. A reasoned decision...absolutely not! Intuition... absolutely! Regrets? Absolutely none! In my humble opinion, intuition, when used correctly, is about 100 times better than reason. Aum Namasivaya