PDA

View Full Version : Negative comments

sarabhanga
18 December 2007, 10:10 PM
Namaste Satay,

Negative comments about an (apparently) avowed “non-Hindu” guru and his followers, placed in the “other dharmas” section, are no different to negative comments regarding Jesus and Christians or Mohammad and Moslems in the same context.

If the information is factual and not generally known, then perhaps it is worth discussing; but if the facts are doubtful and especially if the exact words are available elsewhere (and they have not been elaborated or critically considered), then it is only pointless negativity and rumor-mongering.

satay
18 December 2007, 11:50 PM
Namaskar,

Yes, I see your point.

I just didn't see the reason of the first post since no background information or purpose or opinion by the poster was provided and that's all I wanted to find out.

Eastern Mind
19 December 2007, 04:43 PM
Namaste Satay,

Negative comments about an (apparently) avowed “non-Hindu” guru and his followers, placed in the “other dharmas” section, are no different to negative comments regarding Jesus and Christians or Mohammad and Moslems in the same context.

If the information is factual and not generally known, then perhaps it is worth discussing; but if the facts are doubtful and especially if the exact words are available elsewhere (and they have not been elaborated or critically considered), then it is only pointless negativity and rumor-mongering.

Satay: I'm glad I'm not the moderator. I don't see how anti-guru rants can be helpful. To think it personally is one thing. (I mean, we do have to make individual decisions on such matters, we don't have the time to read all the teachers' materials, and I suspect it would get extremely confusing.) To rant here in a normally very cordial and polite forum is exactly as Sarabhanga says: pointless negativity. I've been taught to respect other teachers (indeed all souls on the planet, all life for that matter) from all folds, regardless of sampradaya, etc. So keep up the good work. I suspect such things come from some ego/competition thing within an individual. But even that too we have to tolerate. Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
19 December 2007, 04:47 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

I can only think of what the wise have said. In this day and age it seems more difficult to follow, yet the wisdom offered is the following:

'Don't do nidA (speaking ill, blaming, scorning) and if you are spoken ill of, understand him to be well-wishing one's own salvation, that speaking of you, he takes your sins on himself'. - Swami Brahmananda Saraswati, Shankarakachara of jyotir math from 1941 to 1953

pranams