PDA

View Full Version : How to feel complete?

skhandelwal
19 December 2007, 07:15 PM
Sometimes it feels like something is missing inside...which keeps making us feel irritated, enraged, and keeps making everything annoying.

Here are the things I have found that help, please add yours...

1. Silenced Solitude.
amazingly, when I lost electricity in my house, for the first 10 hours, I went crazy w/o t.v. and internet, but later, I felt relieved. The panicked rush disappeared. However, sometimes, the same rush makes us feel excited(calm in a sense)...why is that?

2. Hatha Yoga.
Not exercises, but principles

Yama and Niyama.
* Ahimsa: Nonviolence. Abstinence from injury, or harm to any living creature in thought, word, or deed. This is the "main" Yama. The other nine are there in support of its accomplishment.
* Satya: Truthfulness in word and thought (in conformity with the facts).
* Asteya: No stealing, no coveting, no entering into debt.
* Brahmacharya: Divine conduct, continence, celibate when single, faithful when married.
* Kshama: Patience, releasing time, functioning in the now.
* Dhriti: Steadfastness, overcoming non-perseverance, fear, and indecision; seeing each task through to completion.
* Daya: Compassion; conquering callous, cruel and insensitive feelings toward all beings.
* Arjava: Honesty, straightforwardness, renouncing deception and wrongdoing.
* Mitahara: Moderate appetite, neither eating too much nor too little; nor consuming meat, fish, shellfish, fowl or eggs.
* Shaucha: Purity, avoidance of impurity in body, mind and speech.

even though it may seem we are replacing one from of ingrained habits w/ others....right conduct actually results in less brainwashing.
Its hard at the beginning, but once it becomes a habit, it becomes easier.(life becomes more colorful)

3. Sattvik lifestyle including food, cleanliness and routine

4. Kapalbhati, vipassana and other kinds of meditation amazingly ends cravings for negative conducts...so the person doesn't have to be harshly disciplined by a Guru....but lovingly chooses it.