PDA

View Full Version : HDF

satay
20 December 2007, 09:06 AM
Namaskar everyone,

It gives me great personal satisfaction to see the latest site reports of HDF. I knew already that we have visitors from all over the world but I didn't realize that a number of the dwellers of HDFPuri come from very prominent organizations. This includes a number of universities and organizations from India, Canada, US and Australia.

Thank you for making this forum an excellent resource on the net for those souls whose, as my Buddhist friend would say, karma is ripening (and thus they are attracted back to eternal dharma).

HDF belongs to you all, please keep up the great posts and let's attract more people from more places and from more prominent organizations in the next year.

Eastern Mind
20 December 2007, 08:16 PM
Satay: I compliment you, and its good to know we have experts on here. However, I do have a critique. Perhaps I am guilty as well, but here goes. Perhaps a new thread is in order. Occasionally, I read opinions that start out with "The fact is...." when I see these as just opinions. (just my opinion) Reminds me of certain politicians, or fundamentalists, and the way they speak. Twice lately I've encountered this. I think many statements should be prefaced with "I believe" or some such thing. The same principle is can be applied to translated scriptural quotes. I admire those on here who can read and understand Sanskrit and can quote the original, instead of a translation. Interested to hear others opinions. Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
20 December 2007, 09:04 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Satay: ...I read opinions that start out with "The fact is...." when I see these as just opinions. (just my opinion) Reminds me of certain politicians, or fundamentalists, and the way they speak. Twice lately I've encountered this.

Namaste,

If something is a fact, then it would be good to post the source. It's really not more time to do this. And if there is references of where your info comes from, knowing the source is good too.

Do we need to do this every time? That is the author's decision. Yet as you can see at times we get a good 'head wind' and our posts get detailed... a good time to have sources pointed out. Or just point out - "this is what I believe to be so a this point and time. "

Opinions are free
Facts, well they cost a little more.
And Right answers, well I think I will have to give you a quote first.http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

pranams

satay
20 February 2008, 09:13 AM
Namaste all,

Just wanted to let you all know that our latest visitor reports show that now HDF has now covered all continents of earth. Except from a few countries from Africa we have had visitors from almost all countries.

On average about half of our visitors are new everyday spending an average of 8 mins per day.

One area where we are lacking is the number of sites connecting back to HDF. There are only a handful of sites connecting to us.

saidevo
13 April 2009, 04:57 AM
Congratulations Satay for HDF reaching the 1000 members milestone! Any other interesting stat about HDF?

satay
13 April 2009, 09:38 PM
Namaste saidevo,

Congratulations Satay for HDF reaching the 1000 members milestone! Any other interesting stat about HDF?

Thanks for the congrats but I honestly cannot take the credit for this. We get a lot of visitors everyday. Because all the members including you have been adding content to HDF it is easier for search engines to direct people to HDF.

We get over 2700 visits each day. Average time spent by a visitor on the site is 4 minutes. 69% of the traffic comes from search engines of which google is at the top. Aside from about 14 countries of the African continent, we have visitors from every other country of the world.

At the top of the list are visitors from India, then from United States, then United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Australia, Singapore, Portugal, Malaysia, UAE and the list goes on.

In the last month, 66% of the users were new and the rest returning visitors.

The referring site traffic is vere low i.e. there are not many sites on the Internet that refer visitors from their site to HDF. This is something I should work on and ask either try to post HDF links in blogs etc. or ask owners of other sites to include a link directing traffic to HDF.

Thanks for everyone's hardwork in making HDF a success.

atanu
08 June 2009, 12:38 PM
For consideration of all

Hindu Dharma (and scriptures) is mainly concerned with improvement of self. It is not that the scripture cannot be employed for analysis of social system etc., but often the two areas clash, as if -- and posts become meaningless.

It should be easier if it is known upfront that a social/political solution is sought, if the topic is placed in an appropriate category from the beginning. It would be easier then for some of us to not enter into particular discussions at all. Finally, the social and religious topics will remain well identified.

Om