PDA

View Full Version : What do we really want?

skhandelwal
27 December 2007, 07:27 PM
I know that we get to the stage called desireless...but....since we are not there....we keep having these cravings and desires...but now...that I am trying to figure this out....I think these are symptoms of something much larger inside....I feel like it is an indication of common psychological problem that we all have....weather you call it unfulfillment....or whatever...the point is....what is the meaning of desires?? Not how do I end it or how it began...but what is its symbolism? Since fulfilling the desires only leads to more confusion....it is obviously not the right way to go....may be one of you can guide me.

yajvan
27 December 2007, 07:47 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

Nalpe sukham asti - 'finite things do not contain happiness' - rishi Sanatkumara

So why does one pursue things? The wise tell us that the desire for final freedom, when projected through the senses becomes the desire for objects. "Maybe if I have this, this it will make me feel full, complete, whole" . This chasing takes us from birth to birth. Its said , unfullfilled desires brings one to the next birth. Some call this the transmigration of the jiva.

pranams