PDA

View Full Version : Hari Om

PaneerTikka
30 December 2007, 08:28 AM
Just wanted to say Hi to all. I've been looking around the web for a good hindu forum and I can across this...lots to read and discover.

I am hindu by birth (indian origin) but like many (in the west) whose parents were busy establishing themselves in the formative years found that my hindu faith took a back seat. The local Mandir was not really geared to the needs of the next (ie my) generation.

Now being a father with 2 children I realised I needed to start to spiritually educate myself before I could educate them. So this is what I've been trying to do over the last 2/3 years.

Still early days but already started to appreciate the enormous depth of hindu philosophy. Main area of interest is vedanta & looking to read/understand the gita.

Thanks all for now...

By the way PaneerTikka is my favourite dish :) ....(but not very often...as its rather rich).

c.smith
30 December 2007, 01:59 PM
Welcome PaneerTikka. Funny thing - it's one of my favorite dishes too!

Again, welcome.

Eastern Mind
30 December 2007, 04:49 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to all. I've been looking around the web for a good hindu forum and I can across this...lots to read and discover.

I am hindu by birth (indian origin) but like many (in the west) whose parents were busy establishing themselves in the formative years found that my hindu faith took a back seat. The local Mandir was not really geared to the needs of the next (ie my) generation.

Now being a father with 2 children I realised I needed to start to spiritually educate myself before I could educate them. So this is what I've been trying to do over the last 2/3 years.

I've seen and heard this story before from others in your situation. Its really good that you haven't lost it all together, and still do want to show the dharma to your children. So welcome (back) sort of. Mine is a similar story, sort of but being a western adoptive, the kids just didn't really get into it, as I did. Too many feelings of being out of place, not jiving with western friends etc. They still hold onto some of the basics though, (varies a lot from child to child) like they're all still vegetarians, and do have some appreciation at least for my religiosity. Aum

yajvan
30 December 2007, 07:12 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste PaneerTikka,

Welcome ... like your name you will find HDF rich with knowledge, information and at times healthy debate.

pranams,

devotee
30 December 2007, 09:46 PM
By the way PaneerTikka is my favourite dish :) ....(but not very often...as its rather rich).

Welcome to HDF, dear PT ! I thought PT (physical training) was healthier for you than Panner Tikka at your age !! :laugh: :)

PaneerTikka
09 January 2008, 05:14 AM
Welcome to HDF, dear PT ! I thought PT (physical training) was healthier for you than Panner Tikka at your age !! :laugh: :)
I believe in a balanced life....so a bit of both (though less PT & more PTik !!!)

Thanks you all for the "swagat" (welcome).