PDA

View Full Version : inductive reactance

Bob G
30 December 2007, 08:36 AM
An electrical law which I believe has some relation to a spiritual law...what do you think?

The reduction of current flow in a circuit due to induction is called inductive reactance. By taking a closer look at a coil of wire and applying Lenz's law, it can be seen how inductance reduces the flow of current in the circuit. In the image below, the direction of the primary current is shown in red, and the magnetic field generated by the current is shown in blue. The direction of the magnetic field can be determined by taking your right hand and pointing your thumb in the direction of the current. Your fingers will then point in the direction of the magnetic field. It can be seen that the magnetic field from one loop of the wire will cut across the other loops in the coil and this will induce current flow (shown in green) in the circuit. According to Lenz's law, the induced current must flow in the opposite direction of the primary current. The induced current working against the primary current results in a reduction of current flow in the circuit.
It should be noted that inductive reactance will increase if the number of winds in the coil is increased since the magnetic field from one coil will have more coils to interact with.

Since inductive reactance reduces the flow of current in a circuit, it appears as an energy loss just like resistance. However, it is possible to distinguish between resistance and inductive reactance in a circuit by looking at the timing between the sine waves of the voltage and current of the alternating current. In an AC circuit that contains only resistive components, the voltage and the current will be in-phase, meaning that the peaks and valleys of their sine waves will occur at the same time. When there is inductive reactance present in the circuit, the phase of the current will be shifted so that its peaks and valleys do not occur at the same time as those of the voltage. This will be discussed in more detail in the section on circuits.

devotee
30 December 2007, 09:21 AM
That is ok ... but what is spiritual in it ? :confused:

Eastern Mind
30 December 2007, 11:34 AM
That is ok ... but what is spiritual in it ? :confused:

Good point... I can only think of one thing, and that is the directions of the spinning chakras as they relate to the rise of the kundalini along the sushumna. I have no direct experential knowledge, only what I have read in books. If my limited memory of science as it pertains to electricity is correct regarding the directions, then it does jive with the directions of the spinning chakras. As they spin counterclockwise (looking down from above the head, the kundalini rises, and if they get spinning the other direction, the kundalini goes down) This is also one explanation for why we walk clockwise while circumambulating. The 'electricity' or shakti empowered in the temple's sanctum sanctorum would have the effect of getting our chakras to spin in the opposite direction as to the circumambulation. So this is my guess as to what Bob G. was alluding to. Just a guess though. Aum Namasivaya

Bob G
30 December 2007, 12:53 PM
Hello Eastern Mind,

Interesting information you bring that I had not considered in relation to "inductive reactance".

What I was alluding to spiritually with the electrical law was along the lines of the subtle (and not so subtle) aspects of ego and or intellect trying to use spiritual power to progress itself, but in doing so only self-induces more and more resistance to real spiritual progress. Perhaps something like trying to develop greater and greater degrees of will power along with other forms of power for ones own purpose... which will sooner or later bring a counter-like reactance from the power or current of God...

Also, in this way the higher heavens and the Beings there-in are automatically protected and guarded against misuse of divine power.

sarabhanga
30 December 2007, 05:25 PM
Namaste Bob,

As the sAdhaka becomes siddha he gains siddhi and, as his siddhi rises, his spiritually induced power creates an opposing effect whenever it is explicitly exerted. Physical laws may be denied by the siddha, but there are spiritual laws dictating a subtle “inductive reactance”.

When more force is applied to any matter it moves faster, but there is an upper limit that cannot be exceeded. As the speed of light approaches, the effects of material nature are increased exponentially, and more and more force must be applied to make less and less gain in velocity ~ and the ultimate speed of light will never actually be attained by such an application of force to matter.

The only way to attain the speed of light is to shed all material attachment and become pure radiant energy, and so to become one with the light itself.

yajvan
30 December 2007, 07:07 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

Devotee asks a good question on the spiritual significance... for this I would look to the notion of Superconductivity as a metaphor for Moksha.

That is the wiring, the 'conduit for the circuit' depends on the fact that as metal gets colder, electricity will flow through with less resistence, more fluid flow.
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/icespikes/multspikesx.jpg (http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/icespikes/multspikes.jpg)
There are a few interesting metals i.e. superconductors, where the resistance sharply drops to zero at some critical temperature around -268c to -269C ( Or the temperature in Canada where Eastern Mind resides :) ) With the resistance gone, no voltage is required to keep the current moving.

Like that, as the sadhu moves forward to kevala केवल or liberation, oneness, alone, not connected with anything else, possessed of the SELF, there is less resistence found in the world around him/her. Nature ~ prakriti or the 3 gunas advances its support to the sadhu, less resistence.

Then when moksha arrives this frictionless flow has blossomed. Where can there be resistence if everything is an extension of your SELF?

pranams,

Bob G
30 December 2007, 07:25 PM
Hello Sarabhanga,

Indeed and well said.

In addition, I'm not putting will power down per-se, for in a way it a takes a certain amount of will to surrender to a greater will...

...another image to express this idea is that it takes a certain reaching out with our hand before our hand is reached to - which then completes a circuit; and when we reach out in the deepest sincerity there is no power in the universe that can deny us that helping hand.