PDA

View Full Version : Feedback at the time of departure

devotee
03 January 2008, 07:21 PM
Dear all,

It is time for me to leave.

However, at the time of departure I would like to share a few words of gratitude. I must thank Satay to design & maintain such a beautiful site. This is a great service to Hindu Dharma & people who want to understand Hinduism. I thank Atanu, yajvan, BOB G, sm78, & all others who shared their thoughts with me.

It won't be fair if I don't thank Sarabhanga for his posts wherein he displayed his sound knowledge of sanskrit & scriptures. Sorry, if I created any misunderstanding ! :)

Wish you all the very best !

devotee

sm78
03 January 2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear that you have decided to leave.

satay
03 January 2008, 10:49 PM
Namaskar devotee,

Dear all,

devotee

I am sorry to read your decision to leave the forum.

I was looking forward to be part of the discussion about Vedas. There are number of sites on the Internet that are continously spreading misconceptions about Hindus, Hinduism, India, Indian and Vedas in general. Some of these misconceptions are related to the revelation in/of the Vedas and in debates Hindus get hit over the head with these.

I had hoped that with the discussion here perhaps we could have got some answers to put some of those misconceptions to rest.

However, I respect your decision. Please join back anytime if you start missing us.

Be Well...

:hug:

atanu
04 January 2008, 02:06 AM
Dear all,

However, at the time of departure I would like to share a few words of gratitude. I must thank Satay to design & maintain such a beautiful site. This is a great service to Hindu Dharma & people who want to understand Hinduism. I thank Atanu, yajvan, BOB G, sm78, & all others who shared their thoughts with me.

It won't be fair if I don't thank Sarabhanga for his posts wherein he displayed his sound knowledge of sanskrit & scriptures. Sorry, if I created any misunderstanding ! :)

Wish you all the very best !

devotee

Namaste Devotee,

I hope that your decision has nothing to do with some unpleasantness. If there is some, then you should be frank to spell it out so that needed corrections can be made. I also hope that you will rejoin very soon.

Best Wishes.

Om

atanu
04 January 2008, 03:22 AM
I think, I have chanced upon the source of the problem that I had not seen earlier.

Dear Devotee, that is no reason to leave, please.

------
I will tell a Vedic truth.

Veda says: Rudra pursued Adityas, who entered the bodies of the dual deities.

I say, enter into the source of the problem -- since that is the source.

Om

saidevo
04 January 2008, 07:42 AM
Namaste Devotee.

I for one appreciated all the points you raised in your debate with Sarabhanga in the thread on Idol Worship. Your points that the understanding of most Hindu scriptures is contaminated with time and need some correction; that most Hindus have no idea of the knowledge revealed in the Vedas; that some scriptures may not be relevant in this Kali Yuga etc. are all well taken by everyone here.

At the same time, I think that the counter points raised by Sarabhanga do surely seem harsh and personal but only on a surface level. He has demonstrated time and again by his messages that he goes to the diamonds of Sanskrit roots of all the Truth. Sanskrit is the language of the Gods and in Vedas (that includes the Upanishads) every letter and sound has a meaning and a connotation at its core. Since you also say that the understanding of the scriptures has been corrupted and contaminated, so if one goes to the Samskrta roots in them, a lot of the anamoly and misunderstanding can be removed. Therefore these two view points only complement and not contradict each other, and so the other seemingly harsh superficial parapharnalia of words need not be taken as personal, in my view.

We are really fortunate here in HDFpuri to have an advanced 'sAdhakA' who literally spells out the Absolute Truth converyed by the words and letters, shows that IT permeates and transcends all religions, and by that very process seeks to correct the prevalent wrong and immature attitudes that create superficial differences. For the ordinary 'sAdhakA's like me, such 'bhAshyam' as from a guru is indeed very valuable and where they involve corrections to my attitude and even hurt my ego, I would rather choose to welcome them, though I would surely feel hurt initially; because I would rather be aware that such feeling of hurt could only be a passing phase.

In other words, all the religions and their scriptures, Sarabhanga says (as I understand from his messages) are derived from the Vedas to the extent their prophets have seen the truth and that the Vedas themselves are relevations by the holy Hindu Trinity, first to the gods, then to the rishis, and by them to the entire mankind, so the divinity of the Vedas is beyond question.

As you have rightly pointed out, HDF fosters Hindu dharma and spreads it to the people. Everyone in HDFpuri can and does take part in this great service, and share his/her knowledge and doubts and in the process learn Atma Vidya which is the only true knowledge. We in HDFpuri are building a Rama Setu through hearts and minds towards the Absolute Truth in these troubled times, with contributions from every little monkey and squirrel who are blessed to be here. So please do reconsider your decision, hang around, share, receive and learn.

yajvan
04 January 2008, 08:02 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste

Devotee,
it is good for you to know you are welcomed, at all times. here on HDF.

Come back when you are comfortable. The world and the universe works on 'rest and activity'. Perhaps this is your rest time.

Return refreshed.

pranams

devotee
05 January 2008, 10:02 AM
Namaste sm78, satay, Atanu, Saideo & yajvan,

Thanks for your heartening posts ! :) Difficult to say "quit" to you all !

Actually, this "posting" & "counter-posting" is taking is much more time than I had bargained for --- & this was the basic reason for deciding not to post at least for some time. Yes, there were some unexpected harsh exchanges also between me & Sarabhanga ( I take equal share for the problem) ... but that was the immediate trigger & not the real reason.

The service undertaken by this site is wonderful. During my long interaction with seekers from other religions ( mostly Christians), I have found that Non-duality has attracted them like nothing else. It is logical & scientific & it can be experienced personally. This has perturbed the Church which is quite understandable. So, IMO, that is why there are sites promoting misleading interpretation of Hindu scriptures as there is a real threat to orthodox Christianity. With that background in mind, I agree with Satay that there is need of such sites & full marks to him for that. I will only like to suggest that this site can achieve its objective only when we can attract people from other religions & make them see the reason. And for that we must be ready to patiently listen to the other side & must have acceptability to their reasonable thinking. There is no need to defend with the attitude, "it is good because it is mine / that is bad because it is not-mine" ... there is enough substance & we won't have any problem in defending/ explaining only on the strength of substance. Moreover, when one side is rigid & not-listening, the other side also aquires similar posture & communication becomes a casuality.

Dear Atanu, thanks for genuine warmth in your words. :)

Dear saideo,

Thanks for taking pains for trying to bridge the gap (?). I respect Sarbhanga for his knowledge of Sanskrit language. I got upset only because my posts were being misunderstood & misquoted inspite of my clarifications again & again. Anyway, I won't like to open another new chapter on that.

Actually, the selection of words is very important when we are dealing with sensitive issues otherwise it would do more damage than any good. Like I said, contamination of "Understanding of the scriptures" ... if the "understanding" is left out from the phrase then it would become a completely different thing altogether. In fact, what I wanted to say is finer than that. All the scriptures are written on divine revelation, there is no doubt about that ... and that ( as I believe) includes even Non-Hindu scriptures. Now as the Scriptures are written by human beings there are effects of level of realisation of the person/prophet/Rishi who expressed the revelation for the first time, the understanding of the writer who actually wrote the scripture (as the writer & the Rishi/prophets who has the revelation were not the same), the time when the scripture was written & the also time when we are trying to understand the scripture. The level of revelation decides how much Truth is revealed to the "Knower of Truth". The person who knows the Truth doesn't express it exactly due to his limitation of expressing in exact words, the person who hears it further understands slightly differently than what is told & again when it is written, it become different from what is exactly understood & further when one reads it he understands it differently. From Semantics we know that time changes the meaning of the words slowly. If we take into consideration of the above, there are scopes of contamination at various steps. To know the Truth we will have to go beyond the contamination. This is the only thing I wanted to say & that was basically in the context of scriptures from which there is trouble ( like religious fanaticism etc.). And that is important because there is Truth in those Scriptures too. I have repeated it so many times that now I am laughing at myself !

Thanks yajvan, I have always appreciated your posts & views. You are right, due to my busy schedule, I may not be able to post immediately for sometime. However, I shall certainly be back to the good company of all of you.

Thanks again for everything ....

devotee