PDA

View Full Version : Share the miracles that happened in your life due to Lord Shiva.

bhargavsai
11 January 2008, 07:12 AM
Share the miracles/incidents in your life which have happened by the grace of Lord Shiva, I will tell mine when the time comes.

Eastern Mind
27 September 2009, 11:20 AM
Bhargavsai: I am curious to what you mean by miracles. Do you mean personal transformations? Do you mean visions, or touches from the divine?

For me, my pilgrimage to India was a miracle. I never thought I'd actually make it. I feel closer to Siva because of it. Sometimes I think He works sort of through me, but then that leads to ego. The idea of having a Dakshinamurthy shrine at this local temple just came to me one day. He guides me in the proper channels for establishment of such things. He's right there. When this idea of His came through, and I presented it to the board of trustees, they all had that, "Oh yeah, what a good idea!" enthusiastic look on their faces. God's idea, not mine.

Only later did another devotee tell me this story: He (the fellow devotee) and a recognised Guru were walking along the banks of the ravine beside the temple. They stopped and the Guru said, "Many sages have meditated in this very spot over the eons." Now I assume the Guru was thinking or seeing First people's medicine men (search 'Vision quest' to learn more) or perhaps he was going back further to other yugas. Regardless, now this shrine is established, just waiting for those who want to go in and in and in and in with the blessings of the Greatest Meditator.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
01 October 2009, 03:14 PM
So I'm down there today doing a weekly aarti. There was a large partially dead poplar (relative to cottonwood) tree just to the west of the shrine. Two nights ago we had a real high windstorm gusting to 100k or higher. Prevailing wind was from the west. Logically the tree should have fallen right onto the shrine. But no, it fell into the direction of the prevailing wind.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
01 October 2009, 11:15 PM
My life is miracle from Shiva,

My Love to Shiva is miracle

About wordly miracle, i even meet a woman who
possessed by spirit, many other religious is pray for her
, the woman attack them, but when i touch her usnisa with my palm (withoutpush)and i chant Shiva mantra given from Guru, she become calm down.

i am is devotee of Shakti and Ganesh, but i not fell they are different with Shiva.

any different and any theory is only maya from our mind.

Shiva the THRUTH is one and beyond mind,
but Shiva as Istadevata in many peoples is different, this is because peoples have different maturity in spiritual

this is the answer why if we chant same mantra or God name but the effect is diferent.

It is not because God higher or lower, it is because ourself

atanu
01 October 2009, 11:44 PM
Namaste Friends,

One should not relate the miracles as there is a danger of ego overtaking. However, the glory of Pragnya Ghana -- the revealed wisdom of God within everyone that performs its own actions, which appear as miracles to us, is infinite.

Sometime back, I along with my daughter, visited a shop. There was a huge picture of Ganesha near the entry to the store. But on that particular day, I saw a half ft by half ft picture of Shiva, waiting to be installed, lying on the shop owner's table. The picture was not ideal but I do not know what happened. It evoked something in me and I cried out and hurriedly left the store.

Two or three days later, on a Sunday, the bell of my flat rang. Two boys stood there with the same picture of Shiva, which had made me cry in the shop, and also a Venkata picture. They were distributing the pictures free of cost. I got the pictures framed.

I surely believe that Shiva works His grace as and through pictures also.

Om Namah Shivaya

Eastern Mind
02 October 2009, 06:24 AM
Namaste Friends,

One should not relate the miracles as there is a danger of ego overtaking. However, the glory of Pragnya Ghana -- the revealed wisdom of God within everyone that performs its own actions, which appear as miracles to us, is infinite.

I agree and disagree. It depends on the kind of miracle, and the purpose for telling. Most people, (not all) believing what you just said, would certainly hesitate. I deliberated quite a long time before telling my pilgrimage story. But then I just thought, "Fine, go ahead. Accuse me of a big ego." The story is written as an inspiration to others. The sharing of miracles does this, I believe. It inspires.

So for me, its a decision based on the nature of the miracle. If it is something deeply mystical or personal, then I limit it to Guru and spouse.

The self-realised being can share miracles, (some do miracles) all they want to. Some choose not to. But for them, your statement about ego simply doesn't apply, because they have no ego.

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
02 October 2009, 06:54 AM
I agree and disagree. The self-realised being can share miracles, (some do miracles) all they want to. Some choose not to. But for them, your statement about ego simply doesn't apply, because they have no ego.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,

I agree. This is what I actually meant by saying: However, the glory of Pragnya Ghana -- the revealed wisdom of God within everyone that performs its own actions, which appear as miracles to us, is infinite.

Pragnya Ghana is the miracle and singing its glory is not egoistic.

Om Namah Shivaya

yajvan
02 October 2009, 04:54 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté ,

If one reading the posts says ' jheeh, I have no miracle I can post - I have nothing to offer here'. I say reconsider .
The Lord every day offers us the miracle of the dawn, of life, of choice, of beauty.
We live in a violent universe of smashing galaxies, stars exploding, meteors crashing other meteors apart. Yet we are on this earth with air, smells, even-temperatures, as if nothing outside of our atmosphere could harm us.

This is the miracle I recognize & Śiva has offered - and He has done it with no effort what so ever. Our folly is to confuse this miracle as the normal course of business of this vast universe.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3278/2313220958_b361c08bdc.jpg

shian
02 October 2009, 09:09 PM
many peoples dont know what great things parents already do to us

children will think, oh that is they must do

so, no any great.

(if said GREAT miracle like universe, life etc...., only some people can understand, so maybe many peoples is only undertsand about worldly miracel like get health, wealth, popularity, siddhis, etc)

i believe if you chanting with diligently (not lazzy), pure heart and take our body, speech and mind as great offerings to Shiva, your life will changed, Shiva will make it full with spiritual experience, and we will walking around this life with Shiva. Shiva will make the Lokiya (wordly) miracle, become Lokuttara (beyond wordly).

for example :
Shiva bless us with good wife, this is seems like worldly.

but this can become Lokuttara if we walking always with Shiva, your wife will become Kalyanamitra (friend in Dharma) , she always make you fell Shiva grace, she always remember you to do good karma everyday... etc

sunyata07
03 October 2009, 07:32 AM
Namaste everyone,

Yajvan, thanks for the reminder. I am reading these accounts by everyone of the ways in which Lord Shiva has worked through and inspired faith in them and I feel like I wish I could have a little anecdote to share with all of you too. And then I remember that everyday is a miracle. We are perhaps all too much habituated with the routine of our day-to-day lives that we fall into the hazard of seeing the drudgery of everyday life. Sometimes it's great to just drop everything and go to the place that inspires you the most, whether it be the to park or an art gallery or wherever you find beauty most and to live in that moment.

Eastern Mind
03 October 2009, 07:53 AM
Yajvan, Sunyata: Absolutely! Just the fact that this place (planet) exists as a place for souls to evolve is enough.

I think also that although miracles of all kinds happen all the time, some people just happen to notice, while others don't. One person's miracle is another's normal state of existence. Nothing is not miracle.

Aum Namasivaya

bhaktajan
03 October 2009, 11:15 PM
At the age of 16 I received a mantra from a rtvik from Sarasvati jyotir Matha on behalf of Maharshi Yogi.

bhargavsai
04 October 2009, 03:01 AM
Atanu ji has given very good reply.

Yes, I have had fed my Ego in the past whenever any divine experience happened. That might be the reason why Shiva does not show me any divine experiences. I think Shiva stops everyone of us from getting entangled in boosting the ego...

I don't have many divine experiences by Shiva's grace.

I would share my experience...

In my childhood we were traveling to Shiridi in a car. The driver didn't sleep in the night even thought we persuaded him to sleep and he kept on driving. In the morning after breakfast we resumed our journey. My father was always insisting that I should go and sit in the front of the car. But somehow I didn't go and insisted that I sit in the back.

Within sometime the driver crashed the car, and we had an accident. I was very thin that time, if I had sat in front my head might have smashed...Luckily my uncle was fat(medium built) and he escaped with injuries. We all were safe...

c.smith
01 November 2009, 05:36 PM
Quite simply, Lord Shiva brought me to him. As a spiritual seeker, Lord Shiva appeared and and brought me not only to the Temple that I am currently involved with, but brings the "right" people into my life.

Eastern Mind
01 November 2009, 05:42 PM
c. smith:
Is this the Meenakshi temple per chance? I want to go there one day, within a few years. Would make a nice pilgrimage.

I'd be interested in your involvement there.

Aum Namasivaya

rainycity
25 November 2009, 05:58 AM
I'm a little confused, do you see shiva as the true name and form of God? is he different to the God of jews, christians, and other hindus, or just a different way of seeing him?

kshama
02 December 2009, 11:17 AM
Namaskar Blessed Members,

Life is full of miracles. The fact that one is still breathing too a miracle, what to expect more? It paves way for us humans to reach God in any path of yoga. So why don't we utilize this particular miracle to reach God? I wish all blessed members, a fruitful journey in life.

sanjaya
02 December 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm a little confused, do you see shiva as the true name and form of God? is he different to the God of jews, christians, and other hindus, or just a different way of seeing him?

Shiva and all the other devas are manifestations of God. Really the phrase, "the God of the ___" doesn't make much sense to me, since there is only one God. Sri Krishna says,

Whosoever desires to worship whatever deity — using any name, form, and method — with faith, I make their faith steady in that very deity. Endowed with steady faith they worship that deity, and obtain their wishes through that deity. Those wishes are, indeed, granted only by Me. (Bhagavad Gita 7.21)
Virtually all humans have an understanding of a Creator God, as evidenced by the fact that independently evolving societies have created theistic religions. The worship of Lord Shiva is one way to worship God, and there are many others. Obviously different religions teach contradictory doctrines, and so I would say that Hinduism teaches the most truth about God. But nonetheless one can worship God by practicing Judaism, Christianity, or any other faith that gives a reasonable portrait of God (the only exceptions I might make here are things like devil worship, invented religions like Wicca and Scientology, belief systems that seriously misportray God, etc.). No individual religious group owns God, so I don't think it makes sense to talk about a Hindu God, a Jewish God, or a Christian God. Lord Shiva represents many important facets of God, such as God's destruction of evil and God's place in our lives as the object of our affections. But it isn't possible to pray to different Gods. A person who worships Lord Shiva and a person who worships Lord Krishna are worshiping the same God.

goodlife
03 December 2009, 10:40 AM
Interesting topic.

i dont know if it counts as a miracle but everywhere i have lived ( few cities in India), some how i have invariably found that the temple nearest to where i live and my feet take me is a Shiva temple.

I need to clarify, im not big on rituals or religion and never really cared for little nitty-gritties. was and i think still am agnostic.

Its only since some time that i have started to reflect on these things and found this strange co incidence.

I devote everything unto him, thank him the first thing when i open my eyes in the morning to all mercies big and small and when i go to sleep.

i see miracle in people being selfless and helping out others, being kind, soft spoken, transcending economic and racial borders. ( no im not running for mother teresa award) kind of get misty eyed and end up thanking him many times whenevr i see such selfless act. dont know why.

in a nut shell like other members said, life is a daily miracle, its just that we get used to it.

Om Namah Shivay

kd gupta
05 December 2009, 09:35 AM
It was a miracle I feel .
I asked my colleague as why he allows his staff for a leave when anybody asks for puja or god visit and if workload is there ?

He told me that he was not gyani or bhakt either but was much afraid of god and he told me that one day he disallowed the shiva darshan to a staff as there was an urgent meeting next morning to some place and he had to leave the station at night . In the road he sufferred an accident with a huge white bull by his vehicle . After recovery he went to the accident site and enquired about the bull , but everybody told that they have never seen a bull there .

Eastern Mind
05 December 2009, 10:10 AM
kd: What a cute and inspiring story! Nandi is king of devotees, so he can make sure others are allowed as devotees too. I will be sure to notice Him (Nandi) today and in future.

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
05 December 2009, 10:53 AM
It was a miracle I feel .
I asked my colleague as why he allows his staff for a leave when anybody asks for puja or god visit and if workload is there ?

He told me that he was not gyani or bhakt either but was much afraid of god and he told me that one day he disallowed the shiva darshan to a staff as there was an urgent meeting next morning to some place and he had to leave the station at night . In the road he sufferred an accident with a huge white bull by his vehicle . After recovery he went to the accident site and enquired about the bull , but everybody told that they have never seen a bull there .

namaste guptaji,

My superior at an earlier posting location was a fearful boss. But on occassions when we discussed spirituality we became pals and one in heart. He told his experience.

He is son of a big land owner, who was extremely strict and feared. My boss is the only son and used to go to school on a bullock cart. One day the son (my boss) did not feel like going to school at all. It was a terribly strong feeling of helplessness, on account of fear of something at the school. But he was equally helpless with his father to whom he could not broach the subject. He knew that even if he requested his father, the request would be mercilessly turned down. So, he sat down and cried and prayed to family deity Shiva.

On the way to school, after travelling a short distance, the pair of bulls pulling the cart stood standstill and budged not an inch. After failing to move them an inch, the coachman finally turned the coach and came back home.

My boss disclosed that He developed infinite faith after the incident.

Om Namah Shivaya

lighthouse
31 December 2009, 09:48 AM
On comming MahaShivaratri do a pooja of Shivalingam with full faith in early morning(infect we need to do total 4 poojas on that day),apply sandle wood i.e chandan on lingam with what ever mantras you can recite,do it with full faith and devotion.
And you will see something on Lingam after few minutes,don't shy to take photograph of it,if possible share it with others....just wait for comming Mahashivaratri and you are done/blessed!