PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Comments

satay
17 January 2008, 02:33 PM
Namaskar,

Have you noticed the new comment(s) that show up when one hovers his/her mouse over the reputation points of a user?

Wanted to thank sarabhanga for thinking of the new comments and then changing them. There is a purpose behind the change if anyone is wondering.

Bob G
17 January 2008, 05:02 PM
My comment is that such is a potential distraction and is not really needed by members, on the other hand having the manager keep such as their private version could be helpful in his or her job.

(namely the rep. numbers and the cute little green marks, thus if anyone stays here for awhile and studies the various posts they can then come to an idea of reputations for themselves and also almost always keep such to themselves, instead of having such a presentation (and or possible bias) added onto whatever the reason that they may be searching and or participating here for.

Regards, Bob

sarabhanga
17 January 2008, 06:26 PM
Namaste Bob,

The user reputation gives an indication of how active members regard the efforts of another active user. If the user has made very few posts then the rating is no indication of actual quality, only the reputation that they have here on HDF, which can only be judged by the posts they have made on this forum. And, now that we have a broad range of active members, the reputation (based on the user’s input and other user’s appreciation) does have some meaning ~ so long as no member uses multiple identities, which could be used for self-promoting his/her own reputation.

Of course everyone is free to make their own judgment, and once that personal judgment has been made there is no need for the opinion of anyone else.

There is also a technical reason for the reputation text to be publicly expressed, and that certainly has nothing to do with any true correspondence between the user and his/her “reputation” !

atanu
17 January 2008, 11:27 PM
Reputation points can have only one true use. To renunciate it.

However, I do not see any comments when I hover my mouse over the points.

Yes, now I see, when I pause the pointer a bit.

Om

sm78
18 January 2008, 01:53 AM
Reputation points can have only one true use. To renunciate it.

You r thinking from "your-self" angle (hence may be need to renounce that)
... ;)

It helps a new comer to the board as to whom to look for better "guidance".

atanu
18 January 2008, 02:37 AM
You r thinking from "your-self" angle (hence may be need to renounce that)
... ;)

It helps a new comer to the board as to whom to look for better "guidance".

Namaskar Singhi,

You are correct. Why not? Everything has its use. Then who has transcended one's self and who is without a self?;) And who does not need to renounce the small self?

Om

satay
18 January 2008, 08:53 AM
Dear Friend,

Namaskar Singhi,

You are correct. Why not? Everything has its use. Then who has transcended one's self and who is without a self?;) And who does not need to renounce the small self?

Om

What has Ramana done to you? Look what he made you becom? Asking all these who is this and who is that questions... :p

Nuno Matos
18 January 2008, 11:03 AM
Dear Friend,

What has Ramana done to you? Look what he made you becom? Asking all these who is this and who is that questions... :p

Namaste dear friends

Lol!!!

Om namah shivaya

atanu
18 January 2008, 11:45 AM
Dear Friend,

Namaste Satay,

Oh you are talking of that? That should be this only.

Yes, Ramana does that. What else is Bhagawan supposed to do, if not churn out the fart in some form?:po: For some trapped vayu causes a lot of pain. Its better to give vent.:p Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! as Yajvan says.

Om Namah Shivaya

shiva's arms,
serpentine...
crossing - uncrossing -
threads become tentacles,
dancing apart at the seams.
winding in patterns of chaos;
like ribbons that rise up on
currents of air,
writhing.
too random
for time to unveil their meaning.

satay
19 January 2008, 04:43 PM
Namaskar Atanu,
My post was only meant as a joke and not an insult to bhagwan ramana or to you. It was made on an impulse. I hope that you are not offended. In any case, please accept my apologies and I will remove the post shortly.

atanu
19 January 2008, 06:59 PM
Namaskar Atanu,
My post was only meant as a joke and not an insult to bhagwan ramana or to you. It was made on an impulse. I hope that you are not offended. In any case, please accept my apologies and I will remove the post shortly.

Namaskar Satay Bhai,

I was not offended, since surely a devotee gets what he needs most and Bhagawan has His ways. Apologies are not required (since an arrow discharged does not come back).

However, I was taken by surprise -- and not with happy mood. If it was a joke, I did not get it. (Satay, there is nothing higher than the Guru, not even God). No doubt, I have been too passionately involved in the forum, as an advertiser as if (which definitely requires expenditure of a lot of ego energy). The message is well taken by me.

I will tone down. That is the message of Bhagawan.

Regards, Love, and Best Wishes

Om Namah Shivaya

Note: I repeat that reputation comments can have only one final excellent use. Not even Vishnu was free of pride what to talk of dharma rakshaks.

yajvan
19 January 2008, 08:30 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

I will tone down. That is the message of Bhagawan.

Namaste atanu and satay,

this is not my post, nor my business, yet you two are friends.
If atanu tones down I will not recognize himhttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif ; and
definitely requires expenditure of a lot of ego energy - if that is exhausted , only good will come of it.

If satay is not spontaneous with his posts, I too will not recognize him! http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

If Bhagawan is watching over friends there is nothing to worry about.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies - Aristotle

pranams

atanu
20 January 2008, 02:28 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~
=What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies - Aristotle
pranams

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Certainly. Much more, as Shiva lovers have the whole thing in one heart -- the purest, noblest, most innocent essence that is the truest. Shiva lovers do not have animosity and grudge towards enemies, what to talk of a brother.

A Shiva lover does not plan, plot, manipulate, or hold grudges. No happening is recognised as an individual's action as there is none but that Bhola. All happenings and interactions are similar to dialogs that are all internal -- as when eyes follow a curvaceous woman, the mind issues a note and vice versa.

Fear Not. Certainly.

shiva's arms,
serpentine...
crossing - uncrossing -
threads become tentacles,
dancing apart at the seams.
winding in patterns of chaos;
like ribbons that rise up on
currents of air,
writhing.
too random
for time to unveil their meaning.

Om Namah Shivaya

yajvan
20 January 2008, 04:31 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Certainly. Much more, as Shiva lovers have the whole thing in one heart -- the purest, noblest, most innocent essence that is the truest. Shiva lovers do not have animosity and grudge towards enemies, what to talk of a brother.

A Shiva lover does not plan, plot, manipulate, or hold grudges. No happening is recognised as an individuals action as there is none but that Bhola. All happenings and interactions are similar to dialogs that are all internal -- as when eyes follow a curvaceous woman, the mind issues a note and vice versa. Fear Not. Certainly. Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste atanu,

Nicely said, thank you for the post...
I often find it amusing when people are at odds with others. Please note my friend I am not implying present company on this string
(((http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif))) nor suggesting, or inferring. It just seems a ripe time to bring out this POV.

One's that know the nature of the SELF, even if its not lived 7x24x365, the learned sadhu knows intellectually that the other person is no other then an extension of the SELF. This SELF we know is one, and not many. So the joke is on us, as we are really arguing or dis-agreeing with our own SELVES when there is a conundrum at hand...

That's why on occasion you will see me call for peace, for cooperation and some level of harmony. The notion is simple; when I see extensions of me, my SELF, in dis-array or having issues with other parts of my SELF, it is a less desirable state of affairs. Why so?

If we are more knowledgeable then the many on this, then we (I) have to act like the person we wish the world to become. Is there another way? I do not know.

Now does that mean I cannot tolerate friction, or discord? Nope. Anyone that spends ~ 35 years in the Fortune 500 companies in the USA, knows first hand about living, dealing and working in discord.

The point is, we are innately better people... we are aware of the light, the fullness, and we can make choices accordingly, for this seems to be within the dignity of Sanatana Dharma. We are shaped by what we desire. If one wishes discord we know all we need to do is to open our doors and walk outside, or turn on the television.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.... Mother Teresa
pranams