PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of MoolaMantra

c.smith
24 January 2008, 03:55 PM
Does anyone have a good definition of the Moola Mantra? The sites I've been surfing define the individual words, but I'm unable to find out the meaning of all the words together.

sarabhanga
24 January 2008, 08:02 PM
Namaste,

A mUlamantram is a fundamental mantram, which is mUlam antaram (existing from the beginning, at the root of the heart of the soul).

TatTvamAsi
24 January 2008, 09:35 PM
Namaste,

A mUlamantram is a fundamental mantram, which is mUlam antaram (existing from the beginning, at the root of the heart of the soul).

Sarabhanga, do you speak Tamil as well as Sanskrit? The reason I ask is because of the 'm' you denoted at the end of 'mantra(m)'! If so, that's awesome! :D

sarabhanga
24 January 2008, 11:45 PM
Namaste TTA,

I don’t speak Tamil, but the explanation was pure saMskRtam. The nasal terminations were mainly from neutral gender, which best expresses the intention. In Tamil, however, mantaram indicates the fruit or the essential expression, the basic vibration, and heaven itself; and from its seed arises mantAram (the tree of heaven). And mUlamantiram is the root mantra or praNava. mUlam antaram is the root form, the passage to heaven, and the fabric of heaven itself. And mUlam antiram may indicate either the navel or the anus.

c.smith
28 January 2008, 12:30 PM
Om Sat-Chit-Ananda Parabrahma
Purushothama Paramatma
Sri Bhagavathi Sametha
Sri Bhagavathe Namaha

Agnideva
28 January 2008, 05:14 PM
Om Sat-Chit-Ananda Parabrahma
Purushothama Paramatma
Sri Bhagavathi Sametha
Sri Bhagavathe Namaha

Namaste C.Smith,

I had never heard of this mantra before, so I googled it ... and the first site that came up was the Kalki Bhagavan (global oneness) site. Is this the mantra they ask their followers to chant, and give out in diksha?

Aum.

PaneerTikka
05 February 2008, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have a good definition of the Moola Mantra? The sites I've been surfing define the individual words, but I'm unable to find out the meaning of all the words together.

http://www.adishakti.org/forum/guru_granth_sahib_mool_mantra_2-23-2007.htm

Here is a very detailed explanation.

c.smith
06 February 2008, 02:41 PM
Does this make it a Sikh mantra? I don't know much about there religion so I will spend some time on the forums here to review what has been written about it.

Was hoping however to find something like -

"Om. Infinite wisdom guide us towards..... etc" (my words)

Sarabhanga - any sage translation if I may humbly ask?

Hiwaunis
07 February 2008, 11:16 PM
Namaste C.Smith,

I had never heard of this mantra before, so I googled it ... and the first site that came up was the Kalki Bhagavan (global oneness) site. Is this the mantra they ask their followers to chant, and give out in diksha?

Aum.
Om Shanti,
I came across the phrase "Mulamantratmika mula kutatraya kalebara" in the Shree Lalita Sahasranaama Stotram. I believe it is the same mantra.

Namaste,
Hiwaunis

sarabhanga
08 February 2008, 02:31 AM
Namaste,

oM saccidAnanda parabrahma
puruSottama paramAtmA
shrI bhagavatI sameta
shrI bhagavate namaH

oM pure existence and thought and joy, the one self-existing spirit
the supreme spirit, the supreme spirit
the glorious goddess joined
to the glorious god, salutation

c.smith
08 February 2008, 10:28 AM
Sarabhanga,

Thank-you so much - just what I was looking for. I am indebted.

Clayton

MahaHrada
10 February 2008, 05:42 AM
Om Shanti,
I came across the phrase "Mulamantratmika mula kutatraya kalebara" in the Shree Lalita Sahasranaama Stotram. I believe it is the same mantra.

Namaste,
Hiwaunis

Namaste Hiwaunis

In the context of the Lalita sahasranama mulamantra refers to the mulamantra of the devi, mula means root, or primary mantra in this case the mantra of lalita devi, which is made up of 15 letters consisting of three parts or kutas, that is peaks or heaps of Letters, which are identical to Lalita Tripurasundari.
Her mulamantra is not the mantra that is mentionend in this discussion.
Generally the term mulamamtram refers to the primary mantra of a devata, this implies that there are other secondary mantras for instance mala mantras which are much longer than the root mantras.
According to the devata adressed the mula mantra differs.

Mahradanatha