PDA

View Full Version : Swamiji's 4 Points

soham3
28 January 2008, 04:15 AM
Swami Dayananda Saraswati saved sanatana dharma from the onslaught of Christianity, Islam, Sikhism and other forces. Amongst his many teachings, following 4 points are worth noting :-
(1) Tantra should be eschewed. It abuses innocent females.
(2) Beware of pseudo-astrologers. They cheat.
(3) Real pilgrim centres are inside oneself & not outside. Concentrating on subtle centres such as agnya chakra is more beneficial then visiting shrines of Himalayas. Guru Nanak & Tuka Ram Maharaj also say the same thing.
(4) Beware of interpolations in the scriptures.

yajvan
28 January 2008, 10:27 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Swami Dayananda Saraswati saved sanatana dharma from the onslaught of Christianity, Islam, Sikhism and other forces. Amongst his many teachings, following 4 points are worth noting :-
(1) Tantra should be eschewed. It abuses innocent females.
(2) Beware of pseudo-astrologers. They cheat.
(3) Real pilgrim centres are inside oneself & not outside. Concentrating on subtle centres such as agnya chakra is more beneficial then visiting shrines of Himalayas. Guru Nanak & Tuka Ram Maharaj also say the same thing.
(4) Beware of interpolations in the scriptures.

Namaste soham,
While I see the wisdom in the 4 points mentioned I struggle with point 1. I will assume a specific tantra was offered by swamiji within a specific context.
Do you care to offer which tantra for those that view your post?

pranams

soham3
28 January 2008, 09:56 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste soham,
While I see the wisdom in the 4 points mentioned I struggle with point 1. I will assume a specific tantra was offered by swamiji within a specific context.
Do you care to offer which tantra for those that view your post?

pranams

Actually I have forgotten. We may get the information from the Jamnagar sites related to him.