PDA

View Full Version : Why do we seek comfort?

skhandelwal
29 January 2008, 11:14 AM
We always try to run away from fear...but it is said that once you face it, it is gone....and this is enlightenment, however, why do we dislike fear? Why do we seek comfort? What is comfort?

Another question is....why do we always want to do what is forbidden?

Soul
29 January 2008, 05:57 PM
Namaste,

You are right to point out that once we face fear, the actual feeling of it in the body, without the story about it, that it disappears....

Why we do it?

If we would face the fear, and we know that it leads to it's transformation, that underneath we will see our true Self, our true nature, which is One with everything, if we were to face it, that would be the destruction or the dismantling of the ego, the belief in a separate self....

Probably 90% of humans on this plane live though this imagined sense of separation and continue to suffer...

If we were to let go , totally, and live as no-thing, we would feel alienated...
We would be so different from most humans... well, that's what the unconscious belief is... which prompts us to continue walking down the road of suffering and separation...

But is this true? Would we feel alienated? We have to try it... No matter what...and see what happens....Are you curious enough?
Do you want freedom more than anything?

Enjoy,
Soul

skhandelwal
30 January 2008, 02:11 PM
This is another questions...why do we crave? I mean we want freedom, union, truth, etc....but the fact that I have come to realize is that we crave b/c we are unfulfilled...why are we unfulfilled? This brings us to the ultimate fundamental unaswerable question....why are we here?

Anyways, I have just realized that Moksch is "not" comfort, it is beyond comfort and discomfort...but since awareness results in comfort and unawareness results in discomfort, is Moksch beyond awareness and unawareness too?

I have come to realize that our world is filled with duality....purity(godhead), and impurity(Maya)....Impurity is filled with duality, Love(happiness) and fear(sorrow).(Btw, are there more dualities out there that I am not aware of?) In my experience, love and fear can be biologically explained since there are parts of our brain that are responsible for intuition, telekinetism, etc. But that brings us to the question...how did we get to this stage....the most satisfying question out there is that time, cause and effect, these are all illusions...everything is nothing, and nothing is everything...this is the truth...however, there are links missing in there as well....and my god...through all these ages, no one has been able to connect them...however, we are getting closer.;)

Dhanyavad!

c.smith
06 February 2008, 02:56 PM
May I suggest that you ponder more as to the purpose of EGO and broaden your definition of MAYA to include all that is of this world EXCEPT the soul which is eternal.

Why comfort? EGO (likes and dislikes, etc).
Why fear? EGO and as the ISKCONites would say, wanting to enjoy separate from Krishna (or God as we choose Him/Her).
If we realize that nothing is forbidden, perhaps one could be freed from that which bonds us to it.
Why are we here? Why are you here?
I've come to accept that just about everything is unreal except the soul and that the laws of Spirit are much different and varied from the laws that we have here on the physical plane.

Just my 2 cents worth.